Corporate Metagame going into Double Time

This is a pretty super comprehensive list. You’re very up on the meta, and the decks you list almost cover all of the bases. You also have a great grip on the strategy on how to deal with the decks.

I would just change a few of things:

(1) I don’t think HB Combo is tier one, and I don’t see it very often. I could be wrong about this. Maybe these decks are better than I give them credit for. Cerebral Imaging EffComm/SanSan is probably the most viable of the variants, and I did see an interesting HBFA deck that sort of backed its initial rush up with the Diagnostics combo for a 3-pointer that looked very interesting, but of all of the decks you listed, I consider this the most ‘fringe’.

(2) I would call NBN Midseasons its own deck. I’ve played a whole lot of NBN Tax, and a good amount of NBN Rush/Astrobiotics and NBN Midseasons. Midseasons is much different from NBN Tax and NBN Rush, and very much as tier one/popular. If you differentiate those two, you should give midseasons its own nod as well.

(3) I would definitely include HB Big ICE on the list at this point. A few weeks ago I would have said fringe/tier 2, but nordrunner’s list is surprisingly awesome, (at the very least better than Weyland, though I agree Weyland is not competitive tier one). A lot of people are picking it up, at least on OCTGN. Strong players have variants that they swear by, as well, (though I like the original), usually either swapping up the agenda suite (more 3/2s), the ice (adding rototurret, ichi 2.0, and wall of thorns), the economy, (melange), or adding advancable nonagendas, (Agg Sec, GRNDL Refinery).

Weaknesses that I’ve found include Gabe (preferably without Knight as it sucks against everything but NEXT Bronze), and playing it badly. It’s one of the harder corp decks to play well, for sure. Well-played, I think its matchups are similar to HBFA, (slight weaknesses to criminal and whizzard, but generally pretty good against everything).

2 Likes

IMO neither the AD combo or the 7 pt versions of HB combo tier 1 or even tier 1.5.

Cerebral Imaging with Shipment from SanSan and EC is probably tier 1 or very close to it.

Martin is in my local meta and I’ve played against him several times; I would much rather play against a TWIY rush than against his Weyland. This deck is very easy to misplay but much more dangerous than many give it credit for.

1 Like

Well of course. Playing around 3 different things (flatline, program trash and rush) is always going to be harder than playing around just rush.

That doesn’t automatically mean that it’s a better deck though. It just means the runner’s play has a larger bearing on the match. Whereas with rush it’s basically your top 10 or so cards which determine the match.

Having said that, I would definitely say it’s tier 1.

I think the second link is a mistake; it doesn’t have Director Haas listed as a card. Was there a scond list you were thinking of?

This is highly interesting to me. Personally, I feel like the deck is missing Yaguras #2 and 3, and Sundews were the only cards I decided could get cut. It was either them or the Subliminals, really… and Subs actually have a synergy with Power Shutdown.

I guess I could cut either the Chums or the Enigmas, but I definitely see the rationale behind both - Chum is there vs. Femme and to make Katana a practical hard ETR when the runner is breakerless (also, great for early scoring), while Enigma is the Code-Gate gearcheck of choice. In the end, Sundew seemed like the best choice.

So, my question is: what would you cut from that deck, if you wanted to make Yagura x3 happen?
(and a bonus question: Enigma → Quandary, yes or no?)

This is highly interesting to me. Personally, I feel like the deck is missing Yaguras #2 and 3, and Sundews were the only cards I decided could get cut. It was either them or the Subliminals, really… and Subs actually have a synergy with Power Shutdown.

I guess I could cut either the Chums or the Enigmas, but I definitely see the rationale behind both - Chum is there vs. Femme and to make Katana a practical hard ETR when the runner is breakerless (also, great for early scoring), while Enigma is the Code-Gate gearcheck of choice. In the end, Sundew seemed like the best choice.

So, my question is: what would you cut from that deck, if you wanted to make Yagura x3 happen?
(and a bonus question: Enigma → Quandary, yes or no?)

I’m not saying it’s not dangerous, I’m saying that the payoffs for intimidating the runner into letting the first agenda slide are lower, which means that the game is less decided even if you have a stellar early game. THAT is what’s making it easier to play against, in a sense. Even if you start losing hard, you can still actually catch up (unless you’re dead).

Originally i was talking about Man Up / Director Haas. The second list has ManUps.

I don’t think it’s right to go that low on economy. yaguras are cheap but they don’t give you money, and my only real issue was not seeing money cards and occasionally having to click for credits. If you wanted to cut 2 cards for yaguras it’d probably be a himitsu and a bastion. honestly you don’t need 3 yaguras though, 1-2 is strong the third is redundant.

Chum is a 1 credit 4 strength etr so long as you have like 5 credits banked and they don’t have a full rig. the only reason i’m not running 3 is awkward opening hands with 2 chum

bonus question: if you’re running sundew, definitely keep enigma, possibly go to 3, if not, maybe cut for quandry. I do like chum enigma stopping yog though, and you can usually afford 2 extra credits for a better piece of ice.[quote=“mplain, post:28, topic:795”]
Originally i was talking about Man Up / Director Haas. The second list has ManUps.
[/quote]

oh, mandatory upgrades, I thought you just meant that it was a manly deck that had to play out Haas

I guess the guy who came up with that name had this in mind :wink:

I actually tweaked your original decklist according to my personal preference right after posting those questions, and those were pretty much exactly the changes I came up with:

• one Baku for one Yagura
  • one Bastion for one Wall of Thorns
  • Tsurugis instead of Katanas

The possible problem I’m seeing with my version is the amount of STR 2 ICE, but then again, Atmen without Suckers aren’t all that dangerous and should make connecting both Grim and Archer easier. If Wall of Thorns proves too expensive, I’ll take a Wall of Static instead, as I now have zero pieces of STR 3 ICE.

Going to test and see how I like it, still kinda refuse to believe it’ll be Tier 1 (even though I’m definitely hoping!)

you might bump into money issues with tsurigi and WoT, but they do play well with chum so whatever floats your boat

updated first post

So far, the only problematic matchup was an Andromeda that ran three Faeries, three Clone Chips and three Datasuckers - just too much chaff for Shutdown to chew through :smiley: