Creation and Control: Full Spoilers As they Come

Talking to my the owner of my FLGS, he pointed out that Atman is basically a Femme for Shaper that’ll apply to other equal-strength copies of the card you Atman’d. So if that Hadrian’s is giving you trouble, voila, you pay 10 and all those Hadrians are now dead cards. It’s definitely not meant to be crammed sideways into being a primary breaker.

I was thinking about it and actually I agree. If you use it essentially as a Femme the card is fine. The downsides are it doesn’t also work as a Sentry breaker, and it isn’t quite as good against Tollbooth style effects. On the upside, it will work against other ice though.

Hadrian’s is probably not the best example though, due to the strength pumping. :wink:

1 Like

im not writing off monolith as the worst card in netrunner yet. there are a ton of new tutors and econ cards + diesel and quality time…

i think the idea is play chaos theory-> turn 1 opus -> you over draw grossly with diesel and quality time -> freelance coding -> a one click into a mostly full rig with monolith

is that great ? no clue but i have to imagine it was playtested a few times and found to not be horrible possibly in combination with the source to buy a turn.

its not desperado but i dont think it as horrible as everyone is making it out to be.

1 Like

And when you finally play your Monolith, the corp scores his 12th agenda point…

What people seem to overlook: While Quality Time + Freelance Coding + Monolith sounds doable in theory, I bet this won’t work in practice without even further setup like Public Sympathy. Why? Say you have 5 cards in hand, Quality Time brings that to 9, but a full Freelance Coding has you down at 3 cards, which leave Monolith + 2 programs tops. And somehow all your draws have to be programs… which is unlikely to say the least.

1 Like

Doh, you got me.

I guess the point is that instead of paying 18 credits to put a not-very-handy console in play (I would rather have a Toolbox, tbh) and save yourself a maximum of 12 credits on program installs, you could’ve just paid to install the programs the normal way.

The argument for Monolith will probably be if 1) having a ton of MU is somehow valuable enough to justify its cost/momentum loss, or 2) brain damage becomes a thing.

If FFG prints a whole slew of brain damage cards, a lot of us are gonna feel like dummies when Feedback Filter and Monolith become reasonable choices :smile:

Edit: and like Sirprim pointed out, you not only need to draw, say, 7-8 programs which is a tall order, you also need to draw all three of your breakers to even justify the Monolith install.

1 Like

HB got a lot of brain damage and is even dabbling with net damage now.

you dont have to just build your rig with monolith. maybe its a mid game thing you stimhack off the workshop with a couple mediums and a sneakdoor and still have 3 clicks to play with after. that could be good or it could be horrible or somewhere in between. i dont know. i havent played with or against it. i just think its premature to rate the card as unplayable before its been played.

Testing is always the final arbiter of how good or bad cards are. That said, half the fun of looking at spoilers is making these snap judgments and seeing how good our card evaluation skills are. We can always look back and see how well our predictions match up with reality.

I will be surprised if Monolith ends up as anything other than jank. :wink: I think Workshop is actually another card that has really bad anti-synergy with Monolith, so I wouldn’t look to that to help out.

1 Like

Where did these spoilers come from? NEED MORE NOW.

Hah? Full C&C is spoiled, there aren’t any more spoilers atm.

Testing is always the final arbiter of how good or bad cards are. That said, half the fun of looking spoilers is making these snap judgments and seeing how good our card evaluation skills are.

This!

My snap judgement is that Atman is the best card in the set.

1 Like

Damn. You are right. All 55 new cards accounted for.