I only have one question.

Where is Jackson Howard?

2 Likes

“Bye, Bye, Love” ?
I almost like “Hello, Loneliness” better. xD

Euromeda
(sorry)

1 Like

So what do you do against this deck if they get 2 au revoir and snitch out turn 1? it becomes 3 aurevoir and reflection and the turning wheel by turn 3 or 4. Any advice?

My experience playing against the deck is a bit limited, but there’s not a lot you can do after such a start. It’s the runner equivalent of the corp rushing out an Astro. Program trashing with Batty seems to be the only out, but you need to rush hard to stand a chance against Au Revoir Andy anyway.

tag => trash turning wheel or use a ressource killer, or Foxfire, or Enforcer (but this last one should not work).

3 Likes

I guess it depends what deck you’re playing?

You shake their hand and go play a match that is actually interesting.

Really, if they get their whole setup by turn 4 you are dead. Fortunately, most of the time they won’t and it will be a Magnum Opus.

1 Like

If you’re really afraid of that meta, pack some Executive Boot Camps and punishing ICE. Snitch only works on unrezzed ICE, and it helps against Blackmail Val too.

1 Like

Score agendas.

1 Like

It’s OK, I just designed a deck that could use it’s a trap and zaibatsu loyalty without feeling too bad about it. It was yucky for the runner

Took a variant to the Nordic championships. I did horribly at the event, mostly due to my 30% winrate with Sol, or properly 0% in games that mattered (I didn’t win a single game with Sol until I hit the bottom tables, and from there I swept back to a 50-50 win rate). The Au Revoir deck did decent work, had some close losses and some dominating wins, although my opposition wasn’t the best (which happens when your corp totallly misfires).

Anyway, this deck has a disgusting late game. The remote is locked down by insanse amounts of money and polop/councilman, and you also have good control over HQ with Reflection/Turning Wheel (see an agenda in HQ? Run it and access the entire hand). If HQ is empty you eventually go for a deep dig of around 8 cards in R&D. If you don’t win you’ll have time to build counters back up before the corp draws through the pile of non-agendas.

So surviving the early game is key. Temujin helps here as it helps everything (I’m running Gamble/Temujin/Career Fair in addition to the Au Revoir engine). I’m going to test Paper Tripping, actually - the deck can’t run tag me in the end game (TW dies), but the rest of the deck survives decently enough while tagged. Going to see if heavy Siphon attacks early can transition into a tagless endgame with Paper Tripping. Just have to play around Closed Accounts somehow.

The other element is that I’m going to swap Test Run for SMC. Memory is so tight that SMC can only be used for Au Revoir/Snitch - There’s no MU for using spare SMCs to fetch a breaker. If I swap for Test Run I can use it to fetch breakers, and even recur them if necessary, after the main rig is set up.