Announcing: CURIO CAVERN Official NETRUNNER LADDER
Greetings, daunting Corporations and untraceable Runners. A competition of skill and cunning is soon upon us. Will you advance above the opposition and climb to the top? Rewards await you, but you will not be making this run alone: prepare yourself for a gauntlet of intense strategy. Happy icebreaking.
When: Starting 8/11/13; every week thereafter. Sundays are exclusively for Netrunner Ladder games; Ladder games can be played throughout the week too.
Cost: $25 buy-in
How the Ladder is Formed:
- 1st week: Each player plays each other a maximum of twice! This process will begin the determining of the ladder ranking system, which will reach fruition in ranking by the 3rd week. Players will earn one Ladder point per win during this week.
- 2nd week: Each player plays each other a maximum of once. Every win rewards the winner with two Ladder points, every loss drops the loser by a Ladder point.
- 3rd week: We complete the formation of the Ladder based on the standing of current Ladder points, ties broken by placement in our former Netrunner League. Then begins the official ranked Ladder matches.
How it Works:
- You may only challenge two Ladder ranks above you.
- You may refuse any challenge.
- If you do not play any Ranked matches in a week, you automatically drop one position on the Ladder. Week intervals are checked every Sunday, end-of-business.
- In the case of a tied match (based on prestige), the winner is the person with the higher current Ladder ranking. Should there be a tie in the first two weeks when we are determining the Ladder ranking system, the winner is the one with the higher standing in our previous Netrunner League.
WEEKLY PRIZE SUPPORT:
Every week, checked by end-of-business Sundays and announced either then or on following Mondays:
- 3rd rank wins a promo Scorched Earth.
- 2nd rank wins $5 store credit and their choice between a promo Scorched Earth or promo Melange Mining Corp.
- 1st rank receives their choice between a promo Scorched Earth or promo Melange Mining Corp, then chooses: either immediately receive $10 in store credit, or choose not to receive anything and gamble. If they gamble, they are gambling on their ability to remain at the top of the Ladder by each weekly prize payout checkpoint (again, end-of-business Sundays). If they do not, they lose all gambled proceeds. If they do, they will have the option at each later weekly prize payout to collect or continue gambling. Collecting will reward them $15 multiplied by the number of consecutive weeks they’ve remained on top, then reset their consecutive gambled weeks to zero.