Data & Destiny Spoilers

If you had both inject and hostage you could easily get there; Inject and planned assault was enough for me to set up blackmail with extreme consistancy out of 50 card val. I also had I’ve had worse, though. So, you might want Quality Time to round it off.

I’m not running hostage in any deck that isn’t Iain Stirling, especially for UWC.

Aww. :frowning:

I’m totally on the get people to play Jank committee. Anyhow, 5 cards isn’t that much more. If congress can work and it needs to install link, this probably can too.

My guess is that you run the drip stuff as a side bar to another economy engine that’s a bit more reliable anyways or at least compliments your play style. Maybe kati, maybe something else. If you’ve got 5 free slots and none of your breakers take up MU. Data folding and underworld might as well be includes 46-50 in most cases.

She might also be a great place for Au Revoir+Snitch since she has the mu from the get-go and the influence to take in SMC alongside.

1 Like

Congress doesn’t work that well, it works in metas where people play slow.

And FWIW I’m a chair of the jank committee, everyone knows that.

confirmed does NOT work :frowning:
https://twitter.com/rukasufox/status/628179631506649088

1 Like

Gender queer persons use a whole host of non traditional pronoun usage (they, it, ze). Language is fluid and we aren’t tied to completely traditional usage.

Anyways, more releventally, it is important to get apex pronoun right because it establishes the netrunner community as a place where genderqueer identity will be taken seriously and not have to be explained or defended (and by extension more welcoming). When you call apex he is says to everyone you don’t take non-binary pronouns seriously. When you argue about it no matter how reasonably you may think you’re arguing you set this up as another space where their very ability to exist is under question and attack. Because gender identity is very serious to a lot of people (suicide attempt rates among transgender community is around 50%).

So seriously, the next time anyone wants to argue against correct pronoun usage ask yourself if it’s worth marginalizing the lives of one of the most marginalized groups even more. And then don’t anyway because as established this isn’t up for debate or discussion. Don’t.

18 Likes

I dunno about Data Folding, I think it’s more of a trap than UWC. UWC is turned on immediately, and if you run something like the Supplier to reduce costs on it, her console, Kati, and other things, I could see it working out okay enough as supplemental econ.

But the more I think about it, the more UWC plus Data Folding seems awful. Bad enough that we may want to run link, but Compromised Employee and Power Tap are already drip econ if people are running them anyway.

Though the recent ruling about Disruptor + Power Tap and the way it helps her bypass makes me curious about that, I think that it’s still likely not worth it.

For Sunny I think I want to fill her MUs up with datasuckers, multithreaders, and the occasional parasite.

I also think Au Revoir might be less appealing with Ancestral Imaging being such an obvious choice for non-RP Jinteki. The econ’s not that good, and the potential damage makes it less so.

The combo rule seems more and more important when considering her, really. She’s 50 cards. If you want to run a combo you better have it be one that functions even without help.

if you’re running Career Fair (and other 3+ resources like Daily Casts), Data Folding is pretty legit.

1 Like

This card is utter magic and bullshit. And I agree every runner deck wants 3. And if that’s your reason for not running Data Folding, you won’t find me arguing with you.

Event Event (8)
2x Legwork ••••
3x Modded
3x Sure Gamble
Hardware Hardware (3)

3x R&D Interface

Icebreaker Icebreaker (5)

1x Corroder ••
1x Femme Fatale •
2x Gordian Blade
1x Mimic •
Program Program (3)

1x Clot ••
2x Datasucker ••
3x MultiThreader ••• (3)

^ I think that’s “the deck”'s new core, With clone chips and self mods. Maybe a parasite over a legwork. Don’t need lucky find anymore. Get a few day jobs for spiking up if you deem it necessary. Lady and Cy-cy as necessary, but they probably won’t be.

Edit: I might be wrong about mimic & femme. You might just want a shrike. Suckers & multithreader is probably enough support.

Gotta fit Spinal Modem in there so you can sit on a base of 8 credits for using Icebreakers.

1 Like

I’m seeing 33 Influence there, unless this is for a Shaper and not Sunny.

If it is for Sunny, I question the use of other breakers. Hers might not be the best/most efficient, but aside from the possible Zu include they’re too valuable as 0MU options to bother replacing, particularly Sherman.

I’m saying shaper (either Kate or Hailey). I think the credits you get from multithreader will outweigh the credits you get from voicepad; but potentially finding a way to run both will bring Shaper to the next level (because they totally needed another level, right?). Sorry I thought when I said “The Deck” people knew what I was talking about. move over andromeda

I’m not sure what meta you’re talking about here. I went 21-5 over 3 regionals and at nationals. I beat Lucas Li with it at the St. Louis regional, and missed a 2/4 pick from HQ to miss beating Jens with it in Madison. Both of those players are FAR superior to me as players, yet Congress held its own.

They were also playing fast decks.

2 Likes

See, but if you want to use your Career Fairs on other things, Data Folding is worse than UWC. If you want to use all your MUs, Data Folding is worse than UWC.

And if you just want it to cost 0, there’s not a major loss for UWC as opposed to Data Folding. Sure, you’re “wasting” one credit if you CF out Contacts, but ultimately that’s not an actual loss if that’s what you need, and there’s the whole, y’know… easier to normally install thing.

So unless you’re wanting to run both, I see no reason to go for Data Folding over UWC in Sunny. UWC lets you use all your MUs to take full advantage of having 4+ slots just for supplemental programs. And costing less means it repays you faster outside of Career Fairs (which, in a 50 card deck, you don’t want to count on drawing together), so if you combine it with the Supplier you’re getting it for free instead of for just 1c.

In Sunny, Career Fair probably would rather be spent on Daily Casts, Earthrise Hotels, Chronotype if you want it for the Globalsec Security Clearance, Ice Carver if you want to make Str 5 Ice easily in range of your breakers without datasuckers, The Supplier if you’re using him to install things cheaply to save overall value, Xanadu if you’re going for some weird taxation build, or just taking the “waste” and being used on a Kati Jones or UWC.

I mean, it’s not ideal always, but part of why I keep suggesting The Supplier so much is that I think there’s more to be gained from adding the discount to Hardware as well, and while Modded does that it also costs 2 influence and is only usable the once. It also is less of a “waste” if used on UWC or Kati.

[quote=“gumOnShoe, post:803, topic:3984, full:true”]
I’m saying shaper (either Kate or Hailey). I think the credits you get from multithreader will outweigh the credits you get from voicepad; but potentially finding a way to run both will bring Shaper to the next level (because they totally needed another level, right?). Sorry I thought when I said “The Deck” people knew what I was talking about. move over andromeda
[/quote]Ah, yeah, makes sense. Sorry, the recent talk about Sunny had me confused.

But I do wonder if Shrike might be better, as you’re now musing yourself. Also, I’d hesitate to not run Parasite, myself, when you can run 3 Clone Chips in faction so easily. With Datasucker support, it seems especially strong.

Speaking of importing her breakers, I assume Geist takes Sherman over Corroder, right? Same influence, but frees up MUs to run a Sneakdoor or something maybe, only one more to install, generally on-par efficiency-wise against most ice. I dunno that he wants Shrike, himself, since Crim has Faerie and all, but I could see it getting justified.

The full cloud rig on him is a bit awkward with Influence costs, but he has the B&E Suite of supplemental stuff in-faction, can import those and Security Chips if he needs the occasional strength boost (or just the chips, really). Jak Sinclair also just seems very valuable in Criminal, with Masanori, Desperado, and SecTesting. The “no programs” thing might be a bit more tricky without Nexus, but Desperado increases the payout pretty massively.

Picturing getting a datasucker counter, a card, and three credits every turn they have an unprotected server… goodness me.

i meant both. i agree with you and also don’t see any reason to run DF in lieu of UWC in Sunny

I agree on parasite. It’s probably too good to leave, and with clot legwork is less important.

In criminal, with multithreader you might get those 3 credits even if the server is protected. :confused:

At the moment I’m actually not sure if the utility out of shaper is more valuable than the raw economical power you’d get out of criminal. Eh, I think history has shown utility is more important?

Then it must have an insane skill floor because every one I’ve been matched up against has been simple to beat, and in playing with it, it felt too passive for my taste so I didn’t feel like putting time in with it.

I’d guess your success is more attributable to you being a great player and surprise factor than the deck being amazing. I’m open to being proven wrong though.

Didn’t someone say nats was full of congress and not one made the cut though?

1 Like

Aha! I think I was one of your victories in Madison – you beat my RP in one of the late rounds with an insane start. You were making at least 5c per turn before the 10th turn. It was something like T1 UWC + link card, T2 UWC, T3 Folding, or some ridiculous start like that. I had basically no out since I didn’t find a Caprice before you got R&D lock established.

1 Like

You can pull-off a LOT of victories if your opponent doesn’t respect the deck you play, as janky it may looks.
But it doesn’t means your deck is good.

2 Likes

Shaper also has an easier time squeezing room for the MUs, traditionally, while for Criminal memory tends to be something of an issue.

1 Like