[DECK] Iain Connection

I’ve been fooling around a bit with this, but found it remarkably good (can be a bit slow though). Early on you only run to check HQ defences. Mainly you get money and get breakers out. If the corp scores an agenda, you get 2$ each turn. You try to delay them as much as possible (trash assets, siphon). In the last stage of the game, you run everywhere, keep them poor (vamp, siphon, same old thing), and close out the game (Interfaces). There’s plenty of money in the deck, once your breakers are all out, you just need to choke them.

I started this deck to try something else, I think it has difficulties beating NEH or another fast corp, any suggestions to make it a tad faster without sacrificing the end game are welcome.

Iain Connection (45 cards)

Iain Stirling: Retired Spook

Event (14)
3 Account Siphon
3 Calling in Favors
2 Lawyer Up
2 Quality Time [color=#6da045]••[/color]
3 Special Order
1 Vamp [color=#cf3713]••[/color]

Hardware (4)
2 HQ Interface
2 R&D Interface [color=#6da045]••••[/color]

Resource (22)
3 Access to Globalsec
3 Daily Casts
3 Fall Guy
1 Kati Jones
3 Same Old Thing
3 The Supplier
3 Tri-maf Contact
3 Underworld Contact

Icebreaker (5)
1 Corroder [color=#cf3713]••[/color]
2 Garrote
2 Peacock

Built with [URL=http://netrunner.meteor.com/decks/GBrx9qdB8DtiKBNhC]http://netrunner.meteor.com/[/URL]

the source vs neh should help

No Logos? I would strongly recommend using Ryan Burke’s Motivational Speaker Iain as a template for any Iain Connection deck. I am going to be tweaking it to include Rachel Beckman and The Supplier here in the next few days. it is a different sort of deck than yours, but even if you don’t go that route, I’d recommend Logos.

2 Likes

If I needed more MU, I’d go Logos for sure. If going that route, I’d probably go for femme instead of garrote, and include sneakdoor. Not sure that would make it a better deck though. It has some more moving pieces, but the extra tutoring can sure come in handy. At it’s present state, it’s all about money, and then overpowering the corp so he’s poor and can’t rez his ice when I run.

The Logos isn’t for the MU; it’s for the tutoring, which only gives you another advantage that is synergistic with Iain’s ability.

You definitely want the tutoring if you’re going to be playing a long game. Logos is key to Ryan (and my) builds.

Would you by any chance have a link to a list? I do have tutoring (spec order, SO thing), besides breakers there’s little I definitely want to tutor for (perhaps R&D interface). Say a corp needs 3-4 agendas to win, if they score 1 before I have logos, I can get 1-2 uses out of it.That may be worth it, but still seems a waste if I don’t use the MU.

Might go for Keyhole, it allows for some explosive digging, have to think about it.

Keyhole is what Ryan and I settled on. I don’t have share-able decklists anymore because FFG ate them :(.

Basically think about cards that you might need to lock down board state to give you a chance to win while collecting that fat Iain money: Keyhole, RDI, Legwork, Account Siphon, your last breaker, The Source, etc. Logos’ tutoring is there to make sure the Corp can’t pull away while you’re still durdling around with your resources :).

Isn’t this it http://netrunner.meteor.com/decks/yyFYfoQR53Esvjx63/

Thanks for the link, though I must say I’m not such a fan of Oracle May + motivation. Also Crypsis + femme seems a tad weak for breakers, especially if you start a bit later with running, as servers are better protected then.

The supplier is really powerful, definitely want to build on that.

That’s close, yeah. Same econ engine!

Tri-maf seems risky in an NBN-heavy meta.

Just gonna follow this thread. I love this concept. Need to start play testing builds of this myself.

It’s quite a rich deck, as long as you’ve more money, you’re safe from traces. Besides NEH doesn’t usually do much tracing. And I was looking to have some connections to call in favors. The supplier installs them for free, so it works quite well (so far).

This is the last iteration of the deck. Still not sure about the breaker suite, I’m torn between this and corroder / passport / alias / crypsis (4 MU though). I’m also close to dropping the last Fall Guy and 2 Favors (Favors at start are useless, later on I have enough $). Plan still is to only run HQ to test defences, build up, bring the corp to 0$ with siphon and vamp, clean up with Keyhole.

Iain Connection (45 cards)

Iain Stirling: Retired Spook

Event (13)
3 Account Siphon
2 Calling in Favors
3 Lawyer Up
1 Quality Time [color=#6da045]•[/color]
3 Special Order
1 Vamp [color=#cf3713]••[/color]

Hardware (5)
2 HQ Interface
3 Logos

Resource (20)
3 Access to Globalsec
3 Daily Casts
1 Fall Guy
1 Kati Jones
3 Same Old Thing
3 The Supplier
3 Tri-maf Contact
3 Underworld Contact

Icebreaker (6)
1 Alias
2 Corroder [color=#cf3713]••••[/color]
1 Femme Fatale
2 Peacock

Program (1)
1 Keyhole [color=#cf3713]•••[/color]

Built with [URL=http://netrunner.meteor.com/decks/GBrx9qdB8DtiKBNhC]http://netrunner.meteor.com/[/URL]

Calling in Favors never seemed to be as good as I wanted it to be when I was testing: sure, late-game it’s worth a ton, but late-game you’re usually trickling in 4-5 bucks at the start of your turn :).

The issue with NBN and Tri-Maf isn’t necessarily traces. Breaking News is a big problem, too. It seemed, in my testing at least, that it was a good-to-great card up until the point where it was the worst thing ever because those three meat damage cost me the game :).

In my most recent build I’m -3 global sec, -1 logos, -2 favors, -1 fall guy, -1 tri maf, -1 corroder, +3 dyson mem, +2 Em shutdown, +1 Kati, +1 crypsis, +1 vamp, +1 hostage,

Basically I’ve cut the fat, taken hostage to look for a supplier, aim for 6 MU (if ever needed) and included more cards to stall the corp (another vamp + shutdown). Quite like it so far, somehow corps are a bit reluctant to score their first agenda, giving you the time to get $ and breakers. Once you can make it into HQ, siphon/vamp and keyhole through the unrezzed ice. I didn’t go for all central breakers, as peacock / corroder also pressure the remotes early on.

Yep, that’s about where my build is tactically too, though I use The Source to foil FA shenanigans once they do score a couple agendas. Keyhole and then anything they do draw into I can legwork out while they’re slow-advancing past The Source.

I’ve never been a fan of this as a strategy. I think you need to be running more early on in order to make the Corp spend money. It’s much easier for the Corp to grow their economy if they have a good starting point compared to a standing start. I worry that leaving it until the late game to start hitting them with Vamps and Siphons is leaving too big a task - the Corp will have stockpiled resources in that time and you will be spending your own resources trying to cut down their economy during a phase of the game in which you really need to be hunting down agendas.

Normally I’d agree with this, however once the corp has scored 1-2 agenda, he’s usually enough behind in $ so that I can vamp him to 0. The only ice rezzed at this point is on hq. From there on, you wait like a vulture for when you can siphon, and in the mean time roll r&d and hq. Clicking Kati, tri maf, and trickling in UC + 2$ from Iain adds up quickly.

Seems like I played against @Remorhaz one time when he was running a Vamp-Keyhole Iain and my Caprice on HQ really ruined his day. Maybe a single Sneakdoor in there somewhere?

No Mr. Li? He seems the perfect answer for a deck like this where you want certain things now and certain other things later. And without more draw/filtering I’d be pretty worried about going down to 2 Logos. Seems like a card you want to get out fairly early.