Home | About | Tournament Winning Decklists | Forums

Early contenders post-H&P?

I very respectfully disagree with the notion that you can bring a Worlds deck and assume it’s still your best option. Power Shutdown (Weyland or Jinteki) wrecks Andy’s datasuckers, leaving her dead in the water. HB decks such as Red Coats or CI builds can shut out fixed breakers. If the field is largely Jinteki (likely, considering H&P was just released, even if Jinteki isn’t yet competitive) you’re going to have a hard time. They’re good against NBN, but so is Shaper to a slightly lesser extent.

Sure runners didn’t get much since Worlds, but corps sure did, and because of that I’m leery about the assumption that what dominated then still does so now.

Have to agree with you here. The game has changed a fair amount since world’s.

Thanks, good stuff :smile:
No Fast Track in the NBN?

Nope, I’m not convinced Fast Track is as all-powerful as people think it is. FFG tests extensively, yet didn’t make it a double or even give it a credit cost. It’s much easier to test cards the longer the game has been around so I don’t think we’ll ever see another card as awful as Account Siphon.

Fast Track has a home in some decks (perhaps TWIY or a deck with a unique agenda) but I hope people don’t assume it’s an NBN auto-include. It has larger drawbacks than people realize. If you have spare room, go for it. This deck’s snug as is.

Also @SneakySly that NBN deck should look vaguely familiar. It’s a result of extensively testing yours and Alexfrog’s Plugged-In decks, plus incorporating some core premises from Lluluien’s Never Advance and adding more recent cards.

Siphon in every deck is top tier, as well.

The list seems pretty solid. The most interesting thing to me is the Psychic Field. What makes you think it is a good match for the deck?

Runners have no choice but to check cards in servers against NBN to prevent Astrotrain, so it forces runs. It must also be trashed or I’ll install a SanSan on top of it. I swapped Tollbooth for Flare to prevent runners from running gripless, and since Flare trashes hardware, I get more kill power out of Scorched Earth.

Scenario: I have a SanSan/ Psychic Field server. You run, I secretly bid 2. Now that server costs 9 (as a best case scenario) to address everything and all I spent was 2.

It’s worked out ok for me so far ;).

further: Psychic field looks like a good upgrade over the Edge of World a lot of us were using in NA last year (to protect sansan).

@Lysander, is Bernice just an enabler for Scorched Earth? How often do you find yourself using her? How often do you end up getting the flatline kill?

Looking at the setup of the deck, I can imagine the flatline isn’t that often, but more of a bonus for those who often pitch the Plascretes when they don’t see Midseason/Psycho, or go tag-me and hit the Psychic Field.

Bernice enables Closed Accounts as well, which is often all NBN needs to open a great and possibly game-ending timing window.

Of course, I totally missed the Closed Accounts. It’s obvious now.
Nice one guys, I think I’d be quite comfortable piloting that, although it feels slightly light on ICE. Is that people’s experience?

Still a bit torn for runner. I’m definitely going Shaper, but I don’t know what flavour yet.

Yeah, that NBN deck should be treated as a non-flatline deck; with Scorched as a backup plan and secondary win condition. Bernice is great for forcing a wasted run and for tactical tagging with a follow-up Closed Accounts or resource trash. Its flatline (pre-Psychic Field) was a fair rate; I’d guess 20%, though PF should aid that a bit.

I’d recommend for Shaper you go with Nords’s CT or PPVP Katman. Either way you’ll find (what I consider, though I’m sure I’m biased) the most competitive Shaper decks in the Kate Blitz thread or the Redefining Shaper Control Decks thread. Many people in those threads have really taken the Shaper archetypes and run with it.

I dig both the PPVP decks, and it’s interesting to see how different they are while maintaining the same core of cards. Not sure which I like better, although for me I think Kate’s safety net of Clone Chips, install discount and Link wins out over the need for extra memory and 5 extra cards.

As a longtime Andy player, I totally disagree about Power Shutdown Jinteki. You really just have to know how to play against it and the matchup is a solid 75%+. If they’re not playing power shutdown, Andy is by far the best ID vs jinteki. You’re right that the red coats can be a pain in the ass, but splashing parasite might be an easy way to stomp them as well. You really can’t get down on the most consistent ID in the game. She’s still the best, as long as you metagame correctly.

Not to say that Atman isn’t a fine choice, just that if you can develop a winning gameplan vs the meta with Andy, she’s going to execute more consistently than any other runner.

My buddy and I have been extensively testing PPVP CT (quite a different list from Nord’s but with the same underlying principle of an entirely event-based economy; my amigo’s has much more draw, which i think makes it even stronger) this week and it is a beast. Lately, he has been piloting the deck and I have been doing my darnedest to find any kind of vulnerabilities. There aren’t many. It stays rich almost all the time. It is very difficult to find a scoring window as the Corp. I have had a little bit of success against it with my BABW dedicated kill deck, but honestly that deck has been doing very well against everything, and CTPPVP has done better against it than anything else has. CI combo could be a tough matchup, we haven’t tried that yet, but with aggressive early play I suspect it would be possible to keep CI on the back foot. If you anticipate heavy CI at your tourney, HQ multi-access is a must. Of course, it is quasi-suicidal against Jinteki, so your Nerve Agent/Legwork could be dead cards, especially now. On the other hand, this deck is plenty rich enough to run Feedback Filter, plus the draw/recursion is an innate defense against the zappers. I would feel perfectly comfortable taking CTPPVP to a tourney. It’s a top tier deck for sure, comparable to Katman and Andi Sucks. We keep meaning to try a Kate version of PPVP deck but the CT is just so fast and mean, it’s hard to put down.

I think H&P brought a lot more to the corp side of things, and this is where it gets tricky. Do you try to out-meta the meta and play an archetype that makes your opponents’ protection dead cards, or do you just hop on the Teki train. It’s a matter of personal preference and how much time you have to test. I have no doubt Tier 1 Teki deck(s) will emerge, but it’s early times yet. You can’t go wrong with NBNFA, and it gains value in elimination rounds if you are skilled and lucky enough to get that far.

@Lysander: For that NBN deck, what would be your reaction to swapping one of the Caduceuses for a Guard, in order to free up influence for Ash (in place of one of the Bernice Mais)?

I just feel like criminal bypass will be prevalent, and I like the fact that Ash can protect SanSan or a central under different circumstances.

Is Psychic field intended to be protection for SanSan (or Jackson) while you wait for the next agenda to show up? I can see how it works if the Psychic Field goes in first (or as a bluff), but once the SanSan is live, how often is the runner going to run into it do you think?

@TandooriChicken, do you have a list of your buddy’s deck? I’m looking at Nord’s at the moment. I was playing a Siphon version with loads of draw pre-Double Time.

I’m actually playtesting this deck :

Data Leak Stirling

Iain Stirling: Retired Spook (Honor and Profit)

Event (13)
1x Blackmail (Fear and Loathing)
3x Express Delivery (Honor and Profit)
3x Hostage (Opening Moves)
2x Inside Job (Core Set)
1x Satellite Uplink (Trace Amount)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)

Hardware (3)
3x Logos (Honor and Profit)

Resource (23)
2x Crash Space (Core Set)
3x Daily Casts (Creation and Control)
1x Data Dealer (Core Set)
3x Data Leak Reversal (Future Proof) •••
1x Donut Taganes (Honor and Profit) ••
3x Fall Guy (Double Time)
2x John Masanori (Opening Moves)
1x Joshua B. (Cyber Exodus) •••
3x Mr. Li (Future Proof)
3x New Angeles City Hall (Future Proof)
1x The Source (Creation and Control) ••

Icebreaker (4)
2x Femme Fatale (Core Set)
2x Overmind (Honor and Profit)

Program (2)
2x Snitch (Cyber Exodus)

10 influence spent (max 10)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Honor and Profit

Deck built on http://netrunnerdb.com.

It’s not the most interesting deck to play against but it got his share of results against a lot of strong archetypes. The one I really don’t want to play against is the RP deck with Caprice since I can’t snipe a remote without crashing myself on a central. Except that, i’ve got pretty good results against a lot of strong archetype. The lock is usually put on the board around turn 5-6 and after that, i’m just gonna mill the shit out of the corp.

On another note, it’s also probably the best kind of deck to beat CI =). You really don’t want to play against that if you’re playing Cerebral Imaging.

I passed on the request, I can’t really share his list for him (or won’t, anyway). Truth be told, if you start with the idea of PPVP + draw + events + Siphon it falls together in a pretty straightforward way.

The thing is, if you spend all your influence on Siphons then there’s not much left for the other cool criminal events, which makes playing PPVP questionable. You’d also have a pretty below-par breaker suite if you’re not stepping out of faction.

I played Siphon CT at Store Champs with reasonable success, but it bombed for Chronos.