Exploring a Stalling Metagame: Nasir Meidan StimShop by El-Ad David Amir

For me, this is the part of the monologue where I answer “so I can make fucktons of money with Commercialization and FA stuff out with Tricks of Light” :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

:smiley: granted! I’m just saying, the things that hurt Nasir most aren’t usually “well if they do this one specific thing it’ll screw Nasir” it’s “well NBN already plays a ton of cheap taxing ICE, regardless of the runner ID, and that hurts Nasir more than others.”

If constellation ICE with ToL turns out to be a strong play regardless of Nasir, then ok, we have something to deal with. If it’s a weaker gimmick deck that just has a little extra power against Nasir, then I’m not too worried.

Time will certainly tell though; may definitely be something to fear for all runner, not just Nasir.

I agree with El-Ad, that empirical evidence is needed, but my hunch is that won’t see much Constellation ice in Blue Sun, since it’s anti-synergistic with the ability: you’ll get the same amount of credits as it costs to rez it and you lose the advancement counters. Unless, you’re using trick of light or other shenanigans (i.e. Constellation Protocol), but that seems like a lot of effort for not a lot of payoff (since the only 3/2 agenda in Weyland is Atlas). Also, you can get past Nebula with just a credit and a Sharpshooter and Asteroid Belt just ends the run. Wormhole requires some set-up, but could be nasty depending on what else is on the board. Orion is tricky, D4V1D is probably your best bet to deal with it mid-run.

The good news is that if they’re not running Constellation ice in Blue Sun, Nasir could use Femme and Parasite (and lots of patience) to deal with them.

Another question is whether there’s a competitive non-BS Weyland build out there. Both Gagarin and Titan are interesting, and both could use Constellation.

I think Titan has the most promise, but that’s a new thread ;).

1 Like

I agree with @hypomodern that Titan will probably be best. You can run 3 Tricks of Light and 1 Biotic or SanSan City Grid and still have 4-5 influence left over. Then you can chain out Atlases by using the extra counter from the Titan ability to either search for another Trick or another Atlas (depending on whichever comes first). You’d probably want to use the Constellation ice to fuel the Tricks after they serve their purpose.

Definitely need to start a new thread for Titan.

Now I’m thinking Tennin with Const Ice.

It’s probably worse than 3xIce Wall + Tyrant in Tennin :wink:

3 Likes

Yea that Tyrant makes such good use of that ability.

Hilarious but it looks like Leviathan is the most efficient breaker vs Orion. Hard to motivate it against anything else though.

1 Like

Surely you meant “Atman at 8”? It’s a bit singular in its purpose, but I hear Janus is making a comeback anyway :smiley:

3 Likes

It’s not an icebreaker. But for breaking Orion d4v1d is surely most efficient. Faerie is as good as the Failer Whale. Amusingly it’s not a destroyer, so Sharpshooter (which you think would work) is useless. Quetzal with e3 runs through for 2 creds :smiley:

The best thing about the constellation ICE in my opinion is that they make your Ice Wall deeply terrifying.

5 Likes

Constellation moving a token is worth more or less 6 credits to blue sun.

It adds life to swarm,

imo… lady and quetzal move blue sun away from
big barriers. Also more to wormhole. For economy.

Finally susano. Becomes… crazy with 2 wormhole. All roads lead to archives.

Finally Constellation ice in tenin… looks crazy good.

1 Like

Though again, Tyrant.

LOL. Didn’t even think of that. Great point. But really, any excuse to at least see that whale hit the table.

sorry wasnt paying attn to what thread this was

So went to my last tournament with Noise. Wished the whole day I had gone with Nasir. My goodness this deck has grown on me. Still managed a third place. Noise still rocks.

I’ve really loved playing this deck too. It’s the only deck I made for OCTGN at first, so it’s all I had to use.

Maybe not the most wise choice for a newbie to both ANR and OCTGN, as this deck is so technical. However, I actually feel like it has grown my game by leaps and bounds both in real life and on OCTGN.

Having to actually think things thru, and juggling everything, really has helped me to learn the game really fast.

Nas has quickly become my favorite ID. I’m looking forward to trying out the ice hate variation. That looks like a ton of fun too.

1 Like

My stance is if other people make this deck work, I can beat myself over the head with it until I get it as well.

1 Like

This deck helps you learn the game and timing windows very well. If you have a mind for games, you will benefit greatly from playing this. Still a lot of fun for me too.

1 Like