Exploring a Stalling Metagame: Nasir Meidan StimShop by El-Ad David Amir

Been a while since the last update; the current version of the deck is similar to the one above, except -1x Astrolabe, -1x Nerve Agent, +1x CyberSolutions Mem Chip, +1x Drive By (which is currently being tested).

Overall, I’m rather happy with the current list. Scrubber and Symmetrical Visage are both doing work. Landing an early Scrubber is a great boost in most matchups. I am even capable of winning versus NEH AstroBiotics, but it’s extremely hard and a tiny miscalculation usually loses the game.

I’m going to take a break from NEH in order to test versus RP Glacier and HB Hybrid.

3 Likes

What do you consider the deck’s good matchups currently?

Anything that rezzes big ice :wink: I haven’t played enough games to say for sure, though, as I have been focusing on NEH. I seem to be able to win versus RP Glacier and various EtF variants regularly. And I should not lose versus Weyland.

I’ve been playing your list a fair amount recently, and though I was skeptical at first about the lack of click econ, I’ve actually never felt under-funded. Needless to say, I’ve come around on OoS. It does great work. Interested to see how Drive By does here. Nerve Agent was the only card that I found wasn’t always so useful.

I’d love to hear any specific comments you might have about the list, card choices, or specific matchups or game situations.

And yes, OoS generates a lot of money. I stopped tracking it once I saw that I get over 10c on a regular basis. As others pointed out, this necessitates a certain playstyle, so evaluating the utility is difficult.

Agreed on the latest iteration. Wasn’t sold on Nerve Agent. Dat NEH matchup though, I think it’s because of your breaker suite. I’ve had good success with an early RDI and sucker. After that you can usually keep your parasite clearing the path to RnD and you have a strong game. I wasn’t sold on the Scrubbers (I still have 1 sucker and an imp), so I can’t comment on that include. But I have found that being able to imp assets from RnD slows NEH down a lot because they need to install ice to get their draw, which compounds the problem they have defending RnD. I also still have Mimic instead of Femme for this reason, to mitigate completely the RnD architect. But my breaker suite is now shaped very different to yours. My makeup currently has a reasonably strong NEH matchup and a pretty weak HB match. Guess you can’t have it both ways. If you’re interested I have 1 atman, 2 cerb, 1 cycy, 1 mimic, 1 sharpshooter and a faust. I gave up on Clot because I really need my cc’s for other work usually, and if I have to mess around with Clot, I’m probably losing with Nasir.

1 Like

I tried your deck out for a bit, including vs a BABW deck. Multithreader did massive work, especially vs ice that are rezzed for 0 or 3 cost. The R&D dig worked out very well, however, I could also contest the remote. Atman at 5 was the boss, however, Ice Wall at str 9 was kind-of annoying,

Glad to hear my favorite deck is still getting work! I’m stalled myself because league is back on so DnD cards are out (and multi-threader is the new lifeblood of Nasir IMO).

I agree that nerve agent is a dud. Tried HQI for a bit with pretty good (if unreliable) results. I bet drive by pulls its weight; no one is playing around it and a caprice or ash snipe at the right moment could often be game winning.

Nerve Agent was fine in the Natman version, because the goal was to set up the cheapest runs possible. And the Cyberfeeder synergy was occasionally nice. I agree that it’s not great in this style.

I too am mostly waiting on D&D. It’s hard to be a glacier player and not have GFI when I want to practice for Worlds. :confused:

I really hope GFI brings Glacier back to the fold. I’m enjoying my HB Hybrid, it performs well. But that’s a different topic :wink:

After playing a bunch of Adam, I can safely say that playing Nasir is a better choice. You lose the same matchups about the same amount of time (NEH FA), but you play better cards in Shaper.

Parasite Recursion / Faust Nasir

Nasir Meidan: Cyber Explorer (Upstalk)

Event (9)
3x Diesel (Core Set)
1x Legwork (Honor and Profit)••
1x Levy AR Lab Access (Creation and Control)
3x Quality Time (Humanity’s Shadow)
1x The Maker’s Eye (Core Set)

Hardware (8)
2x Astrolabe (Up and Over)
3x Clone Chip (Creation and Control)
1x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)
2x R&D Interface (Future Proof)

Resource (16)
3x Armitage Codebusting (Core Set)
2x Film Critic (Old Hollywood)
3x Ghost Runner (The Spaces Between)
1x Order of Sol (First Contact)
3x Personal Workshop (Cyber Exodus)
1x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)
1x Scrubber (A Study in Static)
2x Symmetrical Visage (The Valley)

Icebreaker (6)
1x Atman (Creation and Control)
1x Chameleon (The Underway)
1x Cyber-Cypher (Creation and Control)
1x Faust (The Underway) ••
1x Inti (Creation and Control)
1x Sharpshooter (True Colors)

Program (8)
1x D4v1d (The Spaces Between) ••••
2x Datasucker (Core Set) ••
2x Parasite (Core Set) ••••
3x Self-modifying Code (Creation and Control)

15 influence spent (max 15)
47 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Old Hollywood

Decklist published on NetrunnerDB.

Oh, and I know the description is goofy. You could easily play 1 Clot if you really wanted to, but I’m just tired of bothering. Burn their ice to the ground, I say.

3 Likes

Nice list; I’ve been fiddling with something very similar but you really managed to jam a lot in there!

1 Like

The trick, I’ve found is to play it somewhat like PPVP Kate, where you just use QT and Diesel to dig as fast as possible. That guarantees you see the cards you want faster. Order and Scrubber are great to have early, but you will eventually find them by just drawing aggressively. (I think I might’ve actually put in the second order for one of the Armitages, or the second Visage, but I an at work and can’t confirm my meatspace deck right now). Film Critic is just the nuts here. I’ve been happy with it. :smile:

[edit: and I DO think that I had 2 Order of Sol in there, but I can’t recall what I cut!]

Took Nasir to a small GNK today. Went 3-0 with this list:

I’d Give my Soul to Explore the Net

Nasir Meidan: Cyber Explorer (Upstalk)

Event (9)
3x Diesel (Core Set)
1x Drive By (The Underway) ••
3x Game Day (Breaker Bay)
2x Levy AR Lab Access (Creation and Control)

Hardware (15)
2x Astrolabe (Up and Over)
3x Clone Chip (Creation and Control)
1x Net-Ready Eyes (Chrome City)
1x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)
3x R&D Interface (Future Proof)
2x Replicator (Humanity’s Shadow)
3x The Personal Touch (Core Set)

Resource (12)
2x Adjusted Chronotype (The Valley) ••••
3x Beach Party (Breaker Bay)
1x Film Critic (Old Hollywood)
2x Order of Sol (First Contact)
3x Personal Workshop (Cyber Exodus)
1x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)

Icebreaker (3)
1x Deus X (A Study in Static)
1x Faust (The Underway) ••
1x Mimic (Core Set)

Program (7)
1x D4v1d (The Spaces Between) ••••
1x Parasite (Core Set) ••
2x Paricia (Creation and Control)
3x Self-modifying Code (Creation and Control)
15 influence spent (max 15)
46 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Old Hollywood

Decklist published on NetrunnerDB.

Things learned: Drive By is great for trashing SanSans. Didn’t get a relevant opportunity to use it against Ash or Caprice. I really liked this card. Going to try putting it in my more normal builds. Film Critic gud. Faust gud. Beach Party combo is neat, but a PITA to set up and probably better elsewhere. Or just feeding Faust with other things. Missed Stimhack, as always.

4 Likes

Tpt fat draw Faust in nasir? Dude, that’s a deck.

TPT is so good in Nasir if you’re building a static rig. I kinda miss my Dino-Yog-Morningstar deck.

looks pretty solid actually, but yeah, my first thing is like “trade beach party for 3x public sympathy, full stop.” my immediate instinct would be to go -2 chrono, -2 paricia, +2 datasucker +2 scrubber.

Definitely take a peek at @CJFM’s list as well; been playing it recently with great results.

all that said, i’m kind of in love with the all-in insane dedication to making faust-only work. It looks fun!

3x Sympathy and 1x Brain Cage is where I’ll take this next, probably. If I keep up with it. Probably Stimhacks or a Legwork over Datasuckers, but Scrubbers would have been a godsend. Been meaning to try @CJFM 's deck; it looks like a neat hybrid.

If you’re going with personal touch Faust, try hanging out with some Drug Dealers! It suits Nasir, Film Critic helps mitigate its downside, and it acts as faux-handsize-increase.

He’s running game day, which has definite anti-synergy with drug dealer.

The dealer is good in Nasir (especially faust builds) but I think in this case there’s better ways to spend your money and influence.