Exploring a Stalling Metagame: Nasir Meidan StimShop by El-Ad David Amir

Ah, I should read decklists more closely!

On a semi related note, unless I’m mistaken, Faust allows you to discard any number of cards from your grip at any time! Seeing as it’s been FAQ’d that you can boost an icebreaker’s strength in any paid ability window. Hello, maximising your Game Day! (assuming the cards in your grip are truly useless of course…)

Correct. Whenever you have a paid ability window.

This is true, though I’d say in almost every case you want to just make a run and use those cards to get accesses before you game day.

One edge case that actually does come up is that if you want to install from hand mid-run or on the corps turn you can Faust it to the heap and clone chip. Useful in case you draw clot on your last click or something.

This. The best thing about Faust is how it breaks the barriers between each zone. If you have a Clone Chip, you can (with money) install anything from hand. :smile:

On a different runner note (sorry!), if you’re at handsize as Adam, pitching a bad card to draw a new one with Safety First is helpful.

2 Likes

I’m okay with Nasir/Adam bleed over. I’m pretty sure the same people are playing both of them anyways.

Don’t follow this thread much, but thought I’d note the following list, piloted by Andy ‘Peety’ Shebuski of Wausau, WI (who T8’d at Worlds 2014), finished 6th at ANRPC GLC Finals. Super lean, runs early/often.

Broke ass runner

Nasir Meidan: Cyber Explorer (Upstalk)

Event (5)

Hardware (12)

Resource (17)

Icebreaker (5)

Program (6)

15 influence spent (max 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Old Hollywood

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

3 Likes

That’s a really interesting list, I’m intrigued by the lack of Personal Workshop. Is Andy around on Stimhack? (Or BGG/reddit/any other channel I could reach him?)

1 Like

Yeah, it’s a cool list. I guess he hopes he never runs into Blue Sun, because yeesh.

1 Like

Not online at all, AFAIK. I quizzed him, a lot, and he noted PW was in “v1.2”.

This is v3.0 for him. Fast. Meant to beat NEH. For a Clot-less deck, I was impressed. Main enemy is NAPD, hence 2 FC.

I lost to it with an agenda flood. I had the moral victory of him hitting CVS, wiping his Cache.

1 Like

Right. It was a good call for an Invitational finals, 'cause who would run BS there??!?

1 Like

I wish no one played it. I got slain by a Janus BS murder build in round 1.

4 Likes

[quote=“spags, post:450, topic:2609”]
Right. It was a good call for an Invitational finals, 'cause who would run BS there??!?[/quote]
Yeah, I like his list, it was a great meta call, but it’s definitely not very robust. If there were any kind of non rp glacier in the mix this list might have trouble, I think?

Tweaks and updates.

I keep changing things, I know, but that’s how it goes. Small tweaks here and there lead me to add in the second Scrubber and re-add the Mimic. I am in love with double Scrubber. Chameleon was fine but tended to be too slow. The goal is speed. Took out the Levy: I never really played it. Win before you need to Levy, I suggest, or just go back up to 47 cards. I tried out Escher, and it was pretty good, especially when you can move all Code Gates to RND and just coast through with CyCy. Hard to play it, but it definitely could have a spot in here. 3 Interfaces have been good in the past and I prefer 3. Between the last version and this one I dropped one Film Critic and then went back to 2. Double Film Critic is the way to go. Order can probably be dropped from the deck. I’ve played it in longer matches, but sometimes I just don’t. 1 Symmetrical is enough. Legwork is still doing it for me. 1 Parasite is enough (except in the NEXT ice matchup. All those ice can just die.) Down to 46 cards. Could potentially cut a Quality Time and get to 45. That’s not a terrible idea, but seeing QT early is such a boon.

Nasir: Cyber Ex-boyfriend

Event (8)
3 Diesel
1 Legwork••
3 Quality Time
1 The Maker’s Eye

Hardware (9)
2 Astrolabe
3 Clone Chip
1 Plascrete Carapace
3 R&D Interface

Program (13)
1 Atman
1 Cyber-Cypher
1 D4v1d••••
2 Datasucker••
1 Faust••
1 Inti
1 Mimic•
1 Parasite••
3 Self-modifying Code
1 Sharpshooter

Resource (16)
3 Armitage Codebusting
2 Film Critic
3 Ghost Runner
1 Order of Sol
3 Personal Workshop
1 Same Old Thing
2 Scrubber••
1 Symmetrical Visage

5 Likes

100% agree on the Scrubber and Critic calls. In this meta, Scrubber is amazing and will flat out win you games. Critic is just so good for Nasir, and against the top decks that it’s hard not seeing it.

As for what to cut, would you consider dropping an Armitage? I disagree about Sol, it does so much work. But maybe your list doesn’t take advantage of it enough.

Here’s one I threw together and it turned out better than I thought. All in on Drug Dealer, Faust, Scrubber. Three Scrubber is so good! Order of Sol helps quite a bit (lots of 1 cost stuff in here) but I’m bummed about the 2 Drug Dealer interaction (first DD drops you to 0, then Sol fires, then second DD takes that one). Getting bunches of cards from multiple Drug Dealers is so good though. May need to try to shove more expensive PW things in here (Toolbox?) to be spending that Order of Sol tick at 1.1 (before “start of turn” trigger).

Seems to do amazingly well for no money. Installing stuff on the fly with DaVinci’s can be a good surprise. I was able to nab a Director Haas for the win last night when the Corp thought I wouldn’t be able to have enough money to trash her, but used DaVinci to install Scrubber before the successful run/access.

nasir drugs

Nasir Meidan: Cyber Explorer (Upstalk)

Event (4)

Hardware (10)

Resource (18)

Icebreaker (4)

Program (10)

15 influence spent (max 15)
46 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Universe of Tomorrow

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

3 Likes

This list is hot. been playing with the previous version you posted, and I actually made a couple of these changes already (parasite into mimic and scrubber, specifically). This is definitely the best Nasir deck I’ve ever played with the possible exception of the up-and-coming multithreader Solidarity (which I have only tried very sparingly due to lack of pre-release cards)

If you wanted to drop to 46 for some reason (there’s plenty of draw, so it’s not super necessary) I think armitage #3 is the way to go. Order of Sol is less important in this list than classic solidarity but it does churn out those RnD interfaces like, super quick. really good for putting a clock on the corp if they’re trying to stabilize mid-game.

3 Likes

I like it when I see it, but I wouldn’t cut Armitage. I think one Sol is just fine, and I find it in about 60% of games early enough anyway. But yeah, 2 Critic is awesome. I nearly got one of them snatch’d n’ grabb’d, but had the backup anyway. :smile:

Good luck ever playing that card with 3x Drug Dealer :wink:

2 Likes

I wonder if the lists that go all-in on Drug Dealer want Net Celebrity. Just a very flexible credit that they can’t take.

Presumably it’ll have to be Levy second click after you unload Kati. Looks like a really interesting list for sure.

1 Like