Feeling Blue About Blue Decks

In my opinion the problem with blue was Account Syphon, when the nerfed version comes back it will be a “better” faction overall. That is why we play with Temujin in our casual games until Diversion Funds comes out.

1 Like

I think from the point of view of support cards you are right. On the other hand, I feel that many effects in the Criminal and Anarch “color-pie” are more dangerous. Shapers may be efficient at breaking ICE and reshape the nets the way they like. But ICE-destruction, hand disruption or credit denial can become “oppressive” and feel “un-fun” much more quickly.
So, I think even when Shaper cards are OP, they less often feel as terrible as Criminal or Anarch cards.

3 Likes

DJ + Steve = another crim card is gonna be ridiculous out of faction.

1 Like

I did get a wry chuckle out of the fact that he’s probably the best target for it, but that said, he brings recursion to the factions that already have it. Criminals, on the other hand, will be getting their choice of MaxX draw, Kabonesa tutoring, and Quetzal fracting. None of which is great on its own, but a toolbox of Crim’s weakest areas is still a hell of a lot more exciting than Anarch/Shaper Steve.

3 Likes

With one copy of DJ allowed and no tutor, don’t think one could count on it except for late game. So not sure it’ll be that great with Maxx or Kabonesa. Looking more for that late game push.

I’ve been playing Los more or less continuously since he came out (except tournaments lol) but recently my attention turned to Gabe and the question: what’s the absolute best Gabe deck I could build in March 2018?

After failing spectacularly with a Credit Kiting/Femme Fatale deck, then a virus Gabe (so bad) I eventually settled on the following. It plays exactly like a bad Valencia deck. You’ve got your Rebirth-Into-Omar, your Mining Accident-style Value, your Dean-Lister-Is-Stimhacks…

The Best Gabe Deck I Made

Gabriel Santiago: Consummate Professional

Event (16)
1x "Freedom Through Equality"
3x Career Fair
1x Emergency Shutdown
3x Fisk Investment Seminar
1x Indexing ●●●
3x Inside Job
1x Special Order
3x Sure Gamble

Hardware (2)
2x The Gauntlet

Resource (16)
1x Caldera
3x Daily Casts
2x Dean Lister
3x Earthrise Hotel
1x Film Critic :unicorn:
3x Liberated Account ●●●●● ●
1x Same Old Thing
2x The Turning Wheel ●●

Icebreaker (6)
3x Aumakua
1x Femme Fatale
1x Passport
1x Saker

Program (5)
3x Datasucker ●●●
2x Sneakdoor Beta

15 influence spent (max 15, available 0)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Revised Core Set

2 Likes

Like. I’ve been using equivocation intead of indexing for the Fisk flood interaction. And better R&D pressure.

Here is my current thought on what might be a good end-of-cycle Gabe good stuff deck. We will have to play it to see if it really is any good.

Kitara Good Stuff Gabe

Gabriel Santiago: Consummate Professional (Revised Core Set)

Event (22)
3x Career Fair (Breaker Bay)
3x Corporate “Grant” (Council of the Crest)
3x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
3x Diversion of Funds (Kampala Ascendent)
2x Inside Job (Revised Core Set)
1x Legwork (Honor and Profit)
2x Special Order (Revised Core Set)
3x Sure Gamble (Revised Core Set)
2x The Maker’s Eye (Revised Core Set) [color=#32CD32]●●●●[/color]

Resource (14)
3x Daily Casts (Creation and Control)
3x Earthrise Hotel (The Source)
3x Liberated Account (Revised Core Set) [color=#FF4500]●●●●● ●[/color]
3x Security Testing (Honor and Profit)
2x The Turning Wheel (The Liberated Mind) [color=#708090]●●[/color]

Icebreaker (6)
1x Abagnale (Terminal Directive)
1x Aumakua (Crimson Dust)
1x Femme Fatale (Revised Core Set)
2x Mongoose (Kala Ghoda)
1x Paperclip (Blood Money) [color=#FF4500]●●●[/color]

Program (3)
3x Sneakdoor Beta (Revised Core Set)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Kampala Ascendent

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

I ran Corporate “Grant” in a couple of deck permutations for precisely one afternoon. Corps have Hedge Fund, IPO, NGO Front, some have Celebrity Gift, some have SSL Endorsement, some are Palana, some are Azmari…

Ben Ni had a video where he mentioned draining 14 credits from the corp over the course of the game with it, but in my experience corps are suddenly rich enough that pinging one or two credits at a time doesn’t matter much.

Oh wow! We just got a busted-good crim card.

Rogue Trading is legit in-faction econ and will probably make crim truly viable. Since it gives a tag for each click2-take6 it might be worth running 3x Citadel Sanctuary. That’s fine because Credit Kiting also needs help with tags and Citadel is a good card anyway if you’re rich.

Still, the card design makes me cringe. It’s probably better than our banned Temujin…which was more conditioned (and a better mechanical faction fit). And Jackson Fucking Howard Christ the influence!! It’s gonna be everywhere til the next MWL. Can we PLZ get the influence on Crim’s best cards to a level where we’re not the parts-car faction for Anarch?!

I’m not convinced the card is as bonkers as you say. It fits well in a Power Taps Crim or Sunny and probably a tag me Anarch, but neither of those are strong right now.

If you are spending time actually removing the tags then it is three clicks for four credits, which is not good.

If you build around it, it is better than existing Econ but if you don’t it is worse than Armitage. Temujin was amazing in every deck.

3 Likes

Rogue Trading also works well with Crash Space, even if you do wind up spending a click vs. Citadel.

2 Likes

Part of what made temujin so busted was a turn 1 temu+ run 3 times. Even if rogue trading had the same net payout as temu, the fact that you can’t immediately generate a must-answer threat and a credit differential tempers it significantly. Temujin also benefited greatly from synergy with dirty laundry and other run based econ, so there’s another way that RT is limited in its possible upside.

I think the design is great.

7 Likes

This is my first pass at a 419 deck. Very much be rich, run cheap, keep the Corp poor. I’m not exactly the most experienced Crim player around, so this is mostly just as a conversation piece/to tell me where I am thinking of Crim all wrong. No Aumakua… replaced Aumakua support cards with the link/money cards to just brute-force it, really.

419 First Pass

419: Amoral Scammer (The Devil and the Dragon)

Event (18)

Hardware (5)

Resource (16)

Icebreaker (6)

45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Devil and the Dragon

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

@divadus and i were talking tonight about how we were so sad about some of the criminal cards that are on the banned list (temujin and aaron basically)

and we basically have the same feeling: aaron should have been two different cards, but also, the main one we got should have been roughly:

when an agenda is stolen, get some stuff that lets you draw some cards. because it’s such a criminal thing to try to run and steal agendas, not sit back and build up while the corp rushes out. it would also be such a criminal way to draw cards instead of just ‘pay a lot of money, cos criminal is the money faction right? they have so much of it, so let’s just turn that into cards’

Rogue Trading is a great balance in comparison to Temujin money that can balloon so much on turn one, but it doesn’t encourage running. i really wish Temujin was maybe 3/4 of the numbers it had (3 to install, place 15, take 3 each run) and/or just triggered once per turn. we’d have a great criminal econ resource that would still pay out a lot but more importantly, actually encourage runs.

because in general, that aggro, run-all-the-time criminal is not around anymore, and that’s what the game is sorely missing right now imo

3 Likes

Man, it’s been a while since I so severely disagreed with a card analysis. I’ll agree that 6 credits over 2 clicks is great, but the tag it adds makes it completely unplayable without some sort of support. With having to remove the tag, it’s just 4 credits over 3 clicks – just one credit over clicking for money. It basically needs 2-3 Citadel Sanctuary, or tag-me support, like Fall Guys, Wireless Net Pavilion, etc. The more of those cards you need to include in a deck, the less good the card you’re including them for becomes. For those 2-3 Citadel Sanctuaries, maybe I now can’t include Earthrise Hotels, or Daily Casts, or other good cards.

To me, it seems like you put it in a deck where you want those other cards anyhow, like @FightingWalloon suggests. There’s just no way that it’s good outside of those decks.

You can bet your ass I’m going to make a God of War deck and throw a couple of these in, though. Maybe this card can help that archetype out.

2 Likes

Basically what I said is it needs 3x Citadel which is a good card that also enables Credit Kiting. While this is never a turn 1 instant money…getting a Citadel installed is an EASY condition to meet that the Corp can’t play around easily. And if they want to boost at ge end of the turn after I took 6cr to give me a tag so they can spend 2 more to trash…then have at it. No need for 15 net credit Casts, this has 52 credits for 22 clicks (including a Citadel install if you have a link).

Time will tell, but I think you’re underestimating how good this card is and the value of economy slots it free’s up for crim IDs with a link.

My big concern isn’t the tag but rather the rhythm hit of taking so many double click actions.

I think that’s the general consensus, that it might be really good with Citadel but it’s seems garbage on it’s own. Definitely not remotely near Temujin levels. Could be amazing in Sunny actually…