FFG Game Centre - What's it like?

You can drink in hot tubs against the advice of the surgeon general provided you don’t bring glass into the pool area.

4 Likes

Truth. This is the ‘special touch’ FFG adds to your experience.

There is a mall nearby (not within walking distance).

I think the honourable Gentleman was referring to the young age of our National Champion. Whereas in enlightened Europe we give babies booze, over in the Americas I believe you have to be 21. Fortunately he gets his jollies from eating sunflower seeds.

1 Like

What a lovely land, where you let children openly drink AND win major tournaments.

2 Likes

If we Hot Tub freshmen are denied a space in the tub, we’ll revolt and form our own hot tub concern, where commonfolk may enjoy large gatherings of wet men, without derision or upturned noses.

1 Like

There’s always the kids pool.

1 Like

The two are related. As evidence of this, no sober child has ever been an FFG Netrunner National Champion in the UK.

4 Likes

i’m going to work on this for you but first I need to know the limitations on music. I presume indie-rockish stuff but who knows, maybe your a pretentious salsa music lover :wink:

oh and your age. So I know which women to surround you with.

http://first-avenue.com/event/2015/11/twerkdat

2 Likes

…i’m sayin…

I’d say it is within walking distance, if you’re talking about the Rosedale Center and not HarMar. It’d be a long one, but I guess I don’t mind walking a mile or two. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

#Twerkrunner

1 Like

Boozing and a bit of netrunner thrown in really makes me want to go to worlds now :cry:

1 Like

I was a bit randomly couple of days in Minneapolis last summer and would recommend touring at least Surly and Summit breweries. Both were great and had good samples. Great bars were Happy Gnome and Town Hall Brewery. I even found public transport very good in American standards but a bit average when compared to Europe. Anyway I enjoyed Minneapolis surprisingly much but was there middle of summer. Still quite bummed that missed my chance to buy a ticket to Worlds.

Game Centre itself was great and food/beer was a big plus. It just felt a bit middle of nowhere in a city middle of nowhere.

2 Likes

This is the worst part, esp. with no car. It’s the anti-Gencon.

However, if you game all day, and just chill at night, it’s fine. We would have hot tub and room drinking sessions late into the night, every night.

2 Likes

I’m 22 you f***s

6 Likes

Sounds like someone is packing his fake ID

4 Likes

A decrepit codger in UK years.

2 Likes

I’m down with most music - rawk is cool and the gang (QOTSA, Foos), although anything with some life if good. Dreary jazz and singer song writers are out. As is hip hop nonsense. Happy to twerk around the hot tub for @spags though. I’ll bring my fancy leggings.

(One of my bands is a traditional Rio Samba batteria, the other is a fusion of contemporary dance beats with African other traditional world music, more recently laced with live electronic shizzle. So not pretentious at all… Sample here if you’re pretentious too

As for age of the crowd around me, more Friends in the later years than UK National Champ age probably, but I’m an equal opportunities employer as far as company goes (and act at least half my chronological age anyway).

All of this talk of Roseville being the middle of nowhere has convinced me that Europeans are unfamiliar with the concept of suburbs. But I would have thought they at least understood public transportation a bit better, what with all those silly red buses I see in stock footage of London on old TV shows. If you can figure out how to ride a bus, Roseville is less than an hour from just about anything you might want to do.

You should all do your homework before showing up. Go watch Purple Rain again and get back to me.

1 Like