FFG Game Centre - What's it like?

Midwestern suburbs are the epitome of nowhere

5 Likes

It’s heightened near the FFG Centre by the fact that it’s smack-dab in an storage/industrial/wasteland zone.

1 Like

It only looks that way to you because they don’t have any actual industry in Wisconsin.

Sounds like epic territory to set up some 28 Hours Later zombie apocalypse gaming.

1 Like

I appreciate the goading, and hate what WI has become under Walker’s systemic demolition of the state, but, if you’re trying to defend the area directly around the FFG Centre as ‘hoppin’ and ‘habitable’, you’re wrong. I was just there last weekend, there was one breakfast joint (AFAIK) nearby, and the line was out the door.

Fuck that.

7 Likes

I think this is about different cultures. Travelling in US I often find public transport horrible and cities are planned usually car owners first and maybe public transport later. Still, Minneapolis was a lot better than many places in the east coast but still I didn’t find buses run so often and a bit hassle (I liked the bike roads tho). Where I am living it is very unnecessary to even have a car and I haven’t owned one in my life. Some of my friends don’t even have a driving licence

2 Likes

19 Likes

Car master race

2 Likes

Life imitates art. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah. Their location is pretty bad if you want to do anything other than game or drink. But the bars are good… Joe Sensor’s is just a little few block walk, and Grumpy’s is just two miles or so (which is short to me). I’m telling you.

I literally LOL’d.

1 Like

This is the best thread ever on Stimhack. Please Hall of Fame this one.

6 Likes

Proud owner of a Big Johnson pin checking in.

2 Likes

Big Johnson means something entirely different in England. I’d wear a badge too. The hot tub will reveal all.

5 Likes

Who says ‘concern’

god damn you, you glorious bastard

2 Likes

bet it says

“V’Gary Minklovin”

1 Like

I don’t need ID to buy a gun though right

5 Likes

Uh… On Topic? WTF was the topic? /mod out

1 Like

I would also like to pint out the alcohol mecca that is Total Wine. Just a short 5 minute walk from the FFG center. Only downside is that liquor stores close at 10pm.

Clearly, I’m too used to rural living, as having that many restaurants and bars within a quarter mile and a ginormous mall within a mile seems almost oppressively urban.

And get a car. The Twin Cities is no place to rely on public transportation. You can’t get from Bloomington to Inver Grove Heights on the bus without going through both core cities. Seriously. Five minute car ride, three hour bus ride.