Fire up the Grill! - Weyland meat lovers thread

It’s been okay. I’ve been trying a hidden info horizontal deck out of Argus atm, which has actually been alright. I still try and rush quite a bit in a scoring server as well, but it’s kinda fun being able to do a sort-of shell game with Argus. I just wish I had more slots and influence =P I suppose I could drop some agendas, but False Lead is just so evil here with Judge, it feels like it’s a step back to not play it.

Judge Dredd

Argus Security: Protection Guaranteed (Order and Chaos)

Agenda (13)

Asset (13)

Operation (10)

Barrier (5)

Code Gate (4)

Sentry (4)

15 influence spent (max 15)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Fear the Masses

I dropped the SEA Source when I switched from Profiteering to False Lead, because I don’t feel like I have a very reasonable chance at landing a trace without it in this deck. False Lead has made landing the runner with an unfortunate tag a very livable reality, though, and so far it’s been just fine. Honestly with both False Lead and a Judge onboard, hitting a Snare at any point is almost certain doom. Even at click one, I leave them with just 1 click left to both clear the tag and go kill judge. It’s super duper fun =)

1 Like

3x Oversight AI is pretty darn good in Blue Sun.

Re horizontal Weyland decks, pls try the one below. I was having a lot of fun back then when I put it together. Hopefully it can be reworked now to fit the new cards.

There were few other cards I considered. @Marsellus suggested 24/7 News Cycle, also Judge may fit in.

Argus Security: Protection Guaranteed
49 cards
Influence: 15/15 ●​●​●​●​●​●​●​●​●​●​●​●​●​●​●​
Agenda points: 20
Tournament legal

Agenda (15)
3 False Lead
1 Government Takeover
3 Hostile Takeover
3 Posted Bounty
3 Profiteering
2 Vulcan Coverup

Asset (16)
3 Contract Killer
2 Dedicated Response Team
1 Ghost Branch ●​
2 Jackson Howard ●​●​
1 Project Junebug ●​
3 Psychic Field ●​●​●​
1 Shattered Remains
2 Snare! ●​●​●​●​
1 The Board

ICE (6)
2 Archer
2 Ice Wall
2 Quandary

Operation (12)
2 Aggressive Negotiation
1 Back Channels
3 Beanstalk Royalties
1 Hedge Fund
2 Mushin No Shin ●​●​●​●​
3 Scorched Earth

1 Like

Looks like fun! I also had a thought that 1 or 2x Posted Bounty might be worth putting in, as it gives you a way to get your judges rezzed without runner intervention.

What would you want if you had more influence? You could swap a data raven for bandwidth if you’re mainly using it to rez judges, that would free up enough for a Swordsman (if that’s important to your meta).

Best deck ever :slight_smile:

Destroyer of Worlds

Weyland Consortium: Builder of Nations

Agenda (6)
1x Government Takeover
3x Oaktown Renovation
2x The Cleaners

Asset (12)
1x C.I. Fund
1x Capital Investors
3x Dedicated Response Team
1x GRNDL Refinery
2x Jackson Howard ••
2x Snare! ••••
2x Zealous Judge

Upgrade (3)
3x Satellite Grid

Operation (10)
1x Consulting Visit
3x Hedge Fund
1x Punitive Counterstrike
3x Scorched Earth
1x Subcontract
1x Traffic Accident

Barrier (5)
2x Hive
3x Ice Wall

Code Gate (4)
2x Bandwidth ••
2x Enigma

Sentry (4)
2x Data Raven ••••
2x Shadow

12 influence spent (max 12)
18 agenda points (between 18 and 19)
44 cards (min 40)
Cards up to Blood Money

Deck built on https://netrunnerdb.com.

1 Like

I’ve been having a lot of fun with this list. I got 4th place on the Brussels regionals with it, sadly losing to @ryanbantwins false echo Kate (who also originally made the list).

Brian’s better world - 4th place Brussels regionals

Weyland Consortium: Building a Better World (Core Set)

Agenda (10)
2x Global Food Initiative (Data and Destiny) ••
2x Hostile Takeover (Core Set)
3x Oaktown Renovation (Chrome City)
3x Project Atlas (What Lies Ahead)

Asset (3)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) •••

Operation (24)
3x Beanstalk Royalties (Core Set)
3x Consulting Visit (The Liberated Mind)
3x Green Level Clearance (A Study in Static) •••
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
1x Localized Product Line (Salsette Island) •••
1x Midseason Replacements (Future Proof) ••••
1x Paywall Implementation (The Spaces Between)
3x Restructure (Second Thoughts)
3x Scorched Earth (Core Set)
1x Snatch and Grab (All That Remains)
2x Traffic Accident (Order and Chaos)

Barrier (4)
2x Ice Wall (Core Set)
2x Vanilla (The Liberated Mind)

Code Gate (4)
2x Enigma (Core Set)
2x Quandary (Double Time)

Sentry (4)
2x Archer (Core Set)
2x Cobra (Salsette Island)
15 influence spent (max 15)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Liberated Mind

Decklist published on NetrunnerDB.

3 Likes

Have you gotten a chance to test it?

Not yet.

I’ll tell ya, it’s hard to get the runner to take a tag and have it matter, even with Judge. It’s a lot easier if they don’t know you’re on Judge, but once they do it’s almost impossible. You don’t have much money in here at all, so there’s not much punishment for the runner to do the normal “this is how you beat Weyland” thing and sit back, build cash and a rig, and then proceed to win.

1 Like

I’ve been testing a bunch of decks on Jinteki with the Punitive/Scorched shell and I think there’s a good deck somewhere, but I can’t get it to work.

First, there’s a problem with the identities.

Blue Sun is too slow and dies to Employee Strike. It also requires more slots than other identities and it’s far harder than it seems to get several OAIs to hit.
GRNDL cannot play Caduceus, Curtain Wall or Hive so it cannot play any good ICE.
Building a Better World requires you to spend a lot of slots on operations and feels bland.

Then there’s the issue: Is it really worth it to play big agendas when you could be rushing Corporate Sales Team as Argus? Is it really worth going for a difficult kill in a meta full of The Source, Plascrete and 10-link Runners when you could, I dunno, rush a Nisei behind Snowflake?

The games I’ve won were won because either the Runner killed himself or because I made them walk into a Ghost Branch or Aggressive Secretary.

What I’ve liked, though, is Snatch and Grab. Really great card, more than worth it, simply because it kills Film Critic and Kati.

EDIT: Do you know where this kind of shell might work well? The upcoming damage-dealing identity. You can play 3x Cleaners, 3x High-Risk and have both be useful in a 40 card-deck.

If you’re advancing stuff forever to make them guess, I’d use either Core or Argus. I’ve seen it workout of core with back channels, GT and all the econ. The deck also ran Stock Exchange and all neutral ice. Very stressfull to play against. Ran junebug over secretary as well.

I placed 4th in a small regional with this the other day. The deck went 4-2 on the day, but I feel both of the losses were very close. One I lost to a Maker’s Eye snagging the two remaining Hostile Takeovers in the deck, leaving me at 6 points and an Atlas token unable to score the last point the next turn. Such is life.

As you might guess from the list, it is a rush deck. Of course, rushing behind binary ice is more or less impossible in the age of Faust, which is why the main reason you are able to score in peace is that a Runner who decides to throw down an SMC and run your remote gets a Midseasons in return. The fact that you can effectively play 4x Midseasons with Consulting Visit is completely ridiculous, and you’ll have it in hand a lot sooner than you’d think. As soon as the Midseasons goes down, the Consulting Visits can be additional Scorched if needed, though this is slightly awkward.

So how do you deal with Film Critic/Plascrete/IHW/Sports Hopper? The latter two aren’t huge problems. Sports Hopper is actually a pretty bad Plascrete substitute because it needs to be popped proactively, so a single Traffic Accident burns through it. IHW is in a comparable position, as either you hit it on a single Traffic Accident, in which case you wait a turn, or you get the kill. Film Critic is mildly sad, and the reason you have actual ice. As most people play only 1 and it’s not tutorable, getting 2x breakers and the Film Critic usually takes time the Runner does not have. In the event that they do, you can tutor the SEA Source with Consulting Visit. But I mean, once the Runner gets enough of their rig on the table, you are supposed to lose, so the best response is to play faster.

Plascrete is definitely your largest problem. It’s by no means impossible to burn through, though. 2x Scorched, 1x Traffic Accident kills, and 1x Scorched, 1x Consulting Visit for Scorched burns through it for next turn. Things become tricky when IHW as well as Plascrete is involved, though, not gonna lie. My current “solution” is to go as fast as I possibly can and try to force Anarchs to run before they find their Plascrete, but I hope the release of Subcontract might make the situation slightly better. An alternative/additional way to go about this would be to swap a Swordsman for another Jackson (probably a good idea anyway) to get the NBN alliance and work in a Salem’s Hospitality, maybe.

Just so we’re clear: I don’t think this is top tier yet. But I do feel this is a lot less susceptible to “just let the Corp score 5 points, assemble econ, Plascrete/Film Critic and run” than most of my other attempts to bring Supermodernism back has been. It’s also really fun to play. Cut Sealed Vault and Shattered Remains for whichever tech cards you prefer, swap 2x Profiteering for 1x Fracking and stuff in whichever card you really want to fit and go enjoy your life.

Postmodernism

GRNDL: Power Unleashed (Fear and Loathing)

Agenda (13)

Asset (4)

Operation (17)

Barrier (4)

Code Gate (3)

Sentry (6)

Other (2)

10 influence spent (max 10)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Liberated Mind

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

1 Like

Would be nice if there was some sort of Weyland meat damage card that scaled up damage-wise the more tags they have on the runner. Would make doing something like Hard-Hitting News/Judge more fun.

Hmm, maybe with Bailiff Jeeves providing extra clicks/tags for extra JUDICIAL POWAH. And a few DRT’s in case anyone actually tries to touch the Judge while tagged… sounds like a Gagarin deck. Maybe with a little Psychographics in case the runner decides to just say eff it and not clear the tags anymore?

3 Likes

I’ve got a rock reprint pls.

1 Like

There is some appeal of dunking a runner for 15 meat, yes.

Maybe a SE-esque card that cost more, but for every tag past the first a point of damage off it is unpreventable?

That’s an interesting idea. So far the tag-punishment space has been almost entirely binary. Traffic accident and Psychographics are the only cards (I think) that care about the distinction between 1 tag and infinite tags. And practically speaking, psychographics is normally used to tag the runner to hell (for a 7-point beale or other shenanigans).

Something like:

Meaty McMeatFace
Operation- black ops
X credits

Do X meat damage to the runner. X must be less than or equal to the number of tags the runner has. The runner may remove X tags.

The second part is in there because otherwise you could stack them for GG regardless of plascrete etc pretty easily.

4 Likes

The trick, as always, is doing it in such a way that it doesn’t make NBN better at killing than Weyland.

1 Like

I think it’s fine that NBN is good at killing, as long as they must import the cards from Weyland.

Weyland and NBN have always had a love-affair, NBN being kings of tags and Weyland the meatmasters. It’s a symbiotic relationship.

What I think Weyland needs is tools to do other things. NBN is on top because they have the best agenda in the game, cheap taxing ICE and lots of cash. They can win without the kill. Weyland must be able to do the same.

3 Likes

William Brown. 8 cost to rez
[Art Pending]
Asset: Black Ops - Executive
Can only be Advanced unrezzed.
Can only be rezzed if 2 advancement counters are on this card.
Click, Trace (x): Give Runner 1 Tag
X is equal to number of Advancement counters on this card.
William Brown becomes an agenda worth 2 points in the Runner’s score area if trashed.
If card has 7 Advancement Counters, runner adds to score area worth 0 points and is tagged.
5 trash
works for IAA bluff.
– Credit to Slow Poke