First Contact, First Evaluations

BlackKat breaks even on Eli w/o stealth support.

True, I was assuming either datasucker support or Cloak+Ghost runner support in my analysis.

In reality Eli 1.0 should be in the ā€œBlackKat Weakly dominates corroderā€ catagory

You are correct. Maybe I was just hopeful.

Netrunner Lookup for chrome is exceptionally useful, for as long as netrunnerdb stays up (sadface)

1 Like

Iā€™m thinking about switching to BlackKat in my Noise build, but I think the 4 cost to instal is prohibitive. I wish it was 3ā€¦ :frowning:

Amazing. However, none of the new cards are working with it! :stuck_out_tongue:

I still think itā€™s a good practice to use hyperlinks for new cards. I spend a lot of free time studying Netrunner, but even I need some help remembering at times.

Hmmm, most of them are working for me. For those that arenā€™t (Quetzal for example) you can highlight, right click, select Netrunner Lookup and choose which card it is. Usually itā€™s just a misspelling throwing it off, but in the instance of Quetzal Iā€™m not sure whatā€™s wrong.
(end thread diversion)

Something I think we will see post-First Contact is Cerebral Imaging making a major come back. Not so much because of IQ (I like it in CI, but only as a one or two off, because it becomes unrezzable pretty quickly) but because of Crisium Grid. Crisium Grid on HQ shuts off Legwork, Account Siphon, Emergency Shutdown, Nerve Agent and Vamp unless they have the money to run twice in a turn and pay five on top.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve played a lot of games with Duggars.
Like most things I suppose, it has specific function.

If you play with a deck with multiple copies of a component that you only use once (for example, console, replicator ) you have painless discards.

If you are playing with a logos deck where you can summon duggars at minimum influence.

If you are playing recursive decks, either via levy similarly deja vu.

IF you are playing a deck where you expect to retrieve from trash - clone chip, retrieval run etc.

I donā€™t think Duggars is worthwhile to build around increasing clicks - Ie., rachel, joshua, allnighter.

It may be worthwhile in when you try to increase stock hand size - ala public sympathy where it doubles as scorch defense. It has worked fairly well for me with theo - altho t;is a bit janky.

1 Like

Daily cast: Supplier.

Not worth it. In my opinion it imposes two turn delay on daily casts. Better off supplying a cyber feeder.

daily casts the turn it comes off supplier leaves you at -1 credit, daily casts after 1 turn played normally leaves you at -1 credit. it literally just gives you an extra tick (which is strong). That is assuming you donā€™t get the drip immediately

4 Likes

Yes, I think itā€™ll be good, too. Daily Casts is already a strong card, and getting 7 credits for a click (even if delayed) is very strong, as anyone who has played Cache with support will know! And with Liberated Account and the 2-4 cost consoles, I think The Supplier will be a good splash in Anarch. Although it is a little sad to always have to splash economy and card draw!

2 Likes

The one deck Iā€™ll be trying The Supplier is in a Connections deck with Iain or Andy.

Probably not a thing yet, but itā€™s another piece of the puzzle.

1 Like

Truly wild hypothetical here: run on remote, encounter unopposed Kitsune. Corp rezā€™d Red Herrings in HQ+Fetal Access as per Kitsune sub. 2 net damage from access + 7 credits to steal, right?

In my heart of hearts I want Kitsune to work but itā€™s unlikely to combo well in the future, since new ambushes will not likely ever be stronger than Snare!, and the ice itself has an irksome rez cost which keeps it from easy combo chains. But Iā€™ll tinker with it some moreā€¦

I want to try this too, think I mentioned it somewhere. Iā€™d also like to play Rachel Beckman in Connections Iain. Iainā€™s waiting around anyway, let Rachel drip in and youā€™ve got an extra Keyhole per turn. He doesnā€™t take tags thanks to NACH, too

The supplier seems good in:

Replicating deck. Dump replictar on supplier. Next turn pop. Dump some other hard ware (paying 1 for it with kate)
load the replikated copy in the supplier.

It would seem to help out noise as wellā€¦ Cyber feeders, ice carvers, duggars, wyldide. Equivalent to click=2 cash every turn.

Additionally if youā€™re running Aesop - it might make Hard at work playable.

Stop it. The only chance that card has is if FFG prints something that lets you lose only 1 click from all your lose a click powers. Which might actually make them too good. Hard at Work is significantly worse than Starlight Crusade Funding.

I donā€™t think thatā€™s true. I can think of loads of ways they could bump it up, but as you say it does require other cards, it will never be good stand-alone.

Played a couple games with Manhunt last night and thought it was strong. Itā€™s like a drip tag option in contrast to midseasons burst. It only gets better the more agendas the runner scores and many times the runner just starts to float tags because itā€™s very difficult to continue to pay for if you donā€™t score quickly. The hardest part is fitting it into the deck, but you just donā€™t play midseasons and switch burst econ to drip and youā€™re fine.

2 Likes

?? I donā€™t understand what you mean. Doesnā€™t it go away when the runner steals an agenda?