Foodcoats

How are people feeling about Hudson 1.0?
Its stats are absurd, it is a must-break on the remote and it could be good on R&D. Also it works nicely with Turing at overtaxing D4v1d.
Sounds like a good 1-of to me.

1 Like

Its best when beta tested, shuts down HQ from any sort of pressure, and is a fine outermost ice on RnD or remote. Its fine, never goes down in str like IQ, and can/usually does tax dave for 2 counters. Just all around better.

Clickability is the downside, on remote control turns, clicking through isn’t the worst thing in the world.

If they click it, it’s a 4th, influence free copy of Eli. Not bad, right? :slight_smile:

1 Like

It is. I am beginning to regret Markus instead of wall of static. WoS actually lets you do an early game rush.

How do you feel about IQ in place instead of Enigma? Is that slot pretty hard and fast? I like the idea of a piece of ice that can be taxing to faust, thats tough to parasite and that can eat david counters. I especially like that it can gain strength in the middle of the runners turn with Hopper.

Enigma is great all the time, the click loss helps make abt go early vs other factions not running faust, and the sub is always relevant. Just don’t like IQ.

I’ve been very happy with this recently:

vikram awesome

Haas-Bioroid: Engineering the Future (Core Set)

Agenda (9)

Asset (9)

Upgrade (8)

Operation (4)

Barrier (5)

Code Gate (6)

Sentry (8)

9 influence spent (max 15-6☆=9)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Kala Ghoda

Everything is super standard except maybe for the ICE composition.

Basically, if the Runner gets to kill an expensive ICE, they will probably win. Because of this, I’m playing all of the cheap ICE that still gives Faust a hard time - and Vikram. Because Vikram is awesome.

The loss of hard EtR is sometimes annoying in the early game, but even against Whizzard, 2 small bioroids build a nice remote for an early campaign.

A single Heimdall might make sense, but I’m not comfortable slotting ICE that’s primarily there for ABT.

Thoughts? :smiley:

Single gumball sounds terrible in accordance with the D4/knifed potential. (Also try more hoppers they’re great).

Edit: fuckin gumballs

4 Likes

I still am in love with my spread for ETF.

Theres tech choices of course, but i really feel that

eli/wall of static
viper/iq/turing
architect/vikram

then ichi or heimdall or whatever to taste

with 1x biotic

is really strong for a mid range foodcoats. its all low run cost, taxes denial hard enough (eater or whatever), gives whizzard something to spend a LOT of cards on, and the low cost overall lets you play fast vs noiseboys

especially if you are good at getting iq rezzed early at like 1-3 dollars

i got other choices i like that are harder to explain, but that ice suite with a biotic… gives you a lot of play. typical economy ash caprice tech cards to taste beyond that.

1 Like

How do people feel about dropping the caprice for a SanSan --and recovering an NAPD or splashing an ice-- (edit: derped out on MWL) in the hopper build?

Never advancing a hopper sounds nasty, and it would drag the runner through your server more aggressively. 2x archived would be a must.

san san is on mwl, so isnt it 4 too like caprice?

2 Likes

You’re right, brain fart. The question still stands for the caprice->SanSan swap. It seems a bit more PlOp resilient as well, once that is released.

if you run 3x biotic already, sure try it. if you arent running 3x biotic, then why spend 4 influence on something you have something reasonable for in faction anyway?

I think the key difference is the board state after using the SanSan. The runner (most of the time) should trash it. That comes at the cost of their development, and could open a scoring window. You could be completely right, however.

A sansan rezzed on the board forces the runner to trash. A caprice lets you lock the remote maybe forever.

Except that caprice can also protect HQ or RD vs denial or medium, and sansan can be stopped by clot, and sansan doesnt protect the agenda at all post-clot… and you cant do bbg and sansan in the same server.

If you arent hard on the FA angle, its very hard to argue for a sansan over a caprice, but i meant it could work. but it seems less correct.

5 Likes

I don’t know if it’s been metioned before, but with all the Anarchs throwing David about, have peolpe looked at Victor 2.0as an alternative / supplement to Turing? Yes, it can be Fausted, but 4 cards is a lot and it also punishes facechecks and can’t be Yog’d on centrals.

When I’ve played with both in decks recently, I’ve generally been happier with the Victor, as it isn’t just blank on remotes when they find David, whereas I’ve used Turing almost exclusively on centrals, as either an expensive Yog gearcheck, or Parasite bait. Thoughts?

Turing on centrals is why I play the card. It’s the only real “parasite” gearcheck you have. I’d just quit playing high Str code gates all together before playing Vik 2. Viktor 1 is better right now IMO. Turing is only really good on Centrals v. Anarch, and on remotes vs. Crim. It’s mediocre everywhere vs. Shaper (unless they’re playing study guide lol)

2 Likes

i play 3x turing over 2x for turing on central

i run vikram and iq and heimdalls to eat david counters

everything else is 3/4 rez cost and forces breakers, or costs faust 2-3 cards per ice. thats why i use the ice suite i mentioned above.

1 Like

I wouldn’t think of Viktor 2 as a giant D4V1D counter drain. I feel like I, and most runners, would spend a D4V1D counter to break the ETR and pay the trace. A counter is worth more than 2 credits.

3 Likes

You can’t have SanSan and BBG in the same server. I like having my scoring remote with a campaign in it (plus Ash, plus Caprice, plus CVS…) that I can overwrite with an agenda, score it, and then put another campaign in there safely.

Has anyone tried rainbow? Its a standard Faust break and it protects your outermost or second back card from a cutlery hit.

It also costs Mimic a sucker token to break.

Just curious, because I have been getting creamed by dumblefork.