Foodcoats

This is something I’ve been wondering about for a while now. Foodcoats is not an archatype I play extensivly, but when I do play it I have always felt that Vitruvius is better than ABT. In a meta full of Noise, Keyhole, and other anarch shenanigans, Vitruvius seems like a better choice. I have seen many a game lost by the Corp firing the ABT on principle, and sure, it can dig you out of a hole, but Vitruvius seems like streight up a better choice. Someone convince me otherwise.

I think (over-advanced) Vitruvius helps you not lose, while a 2-ICE ABT can just win you the game.

5 Likes

ABT is too easy to get into a spot where you can run it to massive effect. I turned around a massively bad mulligan first game after the cut against @cranked by throwing down eve eve and abt (vs noise), he did noise stuff, I drew into not an ice so I triple advanced and ran it for assassin and I believe Eli 1.0 or Architect on RnD, and that sealed up the centrals for the rest of the game as I rushed out the next few points getting spot-on draws. Went 3-2 in swiss (3rd seed), but I made a bad risk against a street peddler that did infact have a dave on it. 1-0 in elim. List for posterity: http://netrunnerdb.com/en/deck/view/534476

Teched out for siphon/apoc, and crisium can do work against noise if you’re smart. Full rush on running every beta test you draw, often times back to back. 19 ice so you can run it blind sometimes if the count is right. NAPD as a 1 of because I wasn’t sure on hopper, and it is great to smash tempo when coupled with ash. Really missing 3 of them, but whatever, hopper is great.

Update is: http://netrunnerdb.com/en/deck/view/574348 given what I saw Saturday.

4 Likes

I’ve been playing my version of Foodcoats with 3 Hoppers and 3 DBS. That interaction is so nasty when you get to filter draw on both players’ turns. It’s like Architect + NEH all over again. It’s not like DBS was a mandatory trash before, now it’s insane. It’s such a great way to tax the runner too…just install another one behind that Ichi and they’ll either trash it again or you’ll never draw anything you didn’t want (and draw everything you do want!).

(edit: maybe I should not have said anything…there’s no list on NRDB with both Hopper and DBS…there goes my secret tech!)

5 Likes

whats the inf spread then? Im super tight as is.

3xDBS&Jacskson, 2xTollbooth&Eli&GFI, 1xArchitect

1 Like

I’ve also found that while I will often overadvance a Vitruvius against Noise or a suspected Keyhole/DLR deck, it rarely ends up making a difference. In a close match it can pull your bacon out of the fire, but those matches tend to be more swingy than others anyway,

4 Likes

Hello Podoboyz, I have mained ETF since I started playing this game so i hope I can shed some light.

I went with ABT over vitruvius because nothing is better than scoring an early ABT and stacking an “impenetrable” remote. I have played with that agenda the most and it has provided more success than failures. There is also the shaper match ups to consider. ABT has proven to be stronger with the free ice. Since I am not dependant on caprice for late game against shaper, free ice is better than recurring a caprice.

As for vitruvius, it feels like a 4/2 agenda most of the time, but if I am going to score it as a 3/2, I would rather score an ABT. Hopper was a test for me during this store champ and with my play-style, replacing the vitruvius first was a personal choice.

As a side note to you podoboyz, my teammate @jdalart showed me your MaxX list this past Thursday and I went 6-1 with it. Only lost to NEH because astro chain and I didn’t get a turntable early enough. That list is fantastic and great work!! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Damn ok i gotta try that.

I tried out your HopperDBSCoats idea. The match was Street Chess Exile vs. HopperDBSCoats, with a hopper scored and two DBS up.

Hilarity – he’s accessing 3 cards on r&d, I’m seeing 4 and putting two of them on the bottom.

I’ve been playing HB for a long time, and have been trying to find the best list for me post MWL. I’ve been having a ton of success recently with my new list. I think Kala Ghoda was VERY kind to HB, they got two of the best cards in the pack. Hopper is a fantastic agenda (My current suite is 3 ABT, 2 Food/Vitruvius/Hopper), and in the games I’ve played Vikram has performed very well, as a high strength/sub ICE that is very affordable for how beefy it is.

I’ve cut down to the 1 Caprice, which I was afraid of for a while, but now think is the right call. Especially when I put it into the frame of mind that one Caprice is equal in influence for 4 Eli/Architect. That ICE is just so good, and you need good ICE. Especially good to get away from reliance on Caprice with Councilman/Operative coming soon. Ash can push the agenda through by himself often enough. My take is the 1 Caprice in HB is like the Desperado’s in Val decks. You’re totally good without it, but when you do get it you just go nuts.

I’ve also cut way back on assets. So many people are playing asset hate, so I’ve gone to more operation economy. Still have the 3 Adonis, since it’s too great to not include. But I’m running a full suite of Restructures, and then bouncing back and forth between Green Level Clearance and Launch Campaign. I haven’t come across a game yet where I’ve been totally strapped for cash. The ICE isn’t crazy expensive, and ABT is often your friend. It just plays on the heavy tax.

HB Food is still in a really good place post MWL, and still is the definition of consistency, and once again, Hopper is the real deal, if you score one your game gets SO much easier.

1 Like

Been having fun with this recently. Not sure launch campaign is better than eve + breaker bay, but its less slots overall and in ETF you kinda get launch campaign for free. Anyway, slotting launch campaign meant i went with some rush-ier ICE as the low trash cost makes you want to protect it if you see it early on.

DBS + hopper is pretty neat.

HopperCoats

Haas-Bioroid: Engineering the Future (Core Set)

Agenda (9)

Asset (14)

Upgrade (3)

Operation (5)

Barrier (4)

Code Gate (8)

Sentry (6)

11 influence spent (max 15-4☆=11)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Kala Ghoda

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

One ash one biotic. How do you ever score, especially food?

4 Likes

You can normally get a few agendas out behind binary ICE, and assassin + turing is a pretty nice midgame remote. You can bluff stuff pretty decently with that many assets. Its more rush than foodcoats/glacier at the minute and to be honest probably needs to pick one or the other - i dont think hopper + DBS is the right fit for rush at any rate.

Iv pumped up the volume, along with the tempo.

HopperCoats 2: The Hoppening

Haas-Bioroid: Engineering the Future (Core Set)

Agenda (9)

Asset (14)

Upgrade (5)

Operation (4)

Barrier (4)

Code Gate (7)

Sentry (6)

11 influence spent (max 15-4☆=11)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Kala Ghoda

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

Has anyone tested Advanced Assembly Lines in EtF yet? It seems like it synergizes really well with EtF ability since we install, gain a cred, then can install something at start of runner’s turn to gain another cred making it 4cred+install click. With BBG it’s 5cred+install. Even first turn where you want to install 2 ice you still get a 3 cred+1click burst off it which is equivalent to turn 1 hedgefund. Pretty solid burst numbers, plus you can use it as a NA trap sometimes (and still gain some creds!). Reminds me of a corp version of modded/career fair for EtF. Obviously weakens R&D more than hedge, but if we’re willing to play launch campaign we’re already accepting that. Seems like it would be an upgrade to launch (once it’s out of course) so I’m interested in what others think.

I gotta ask. How do people picture the dumbleforks match up?

With cards like IQ, Architect, Ichi 1 and 2 and Vikram I actually think we have some great ICE available to fight Faust and D4v1D, which is still pertinent in other match ups.

But in the “tech slots” do the CVS’s come out in favor of Willow? Do we drop 1 2 pointer and slot in 2 Chronos?

Or do we just bite the proverbial bullet and put in a blacklist?

These cards all do an excellent job of hating on this deck. I personally really like Willow and possibly Chronos since Willow is pretty decent in other match ups and benefits from Breaker Bay grid and Chronos can shut down recursion.

In my experience, the Dumblefork matchup is very rough for the corp. The runner will generally focus all their attention on R&D, ripping through all the ice you put up there while side-lining to kill money assets. I think switching to 1 caprice and going with architects + eli’s (along with Vikram, ichi, etc.) is necessary to try to even things up.

Is Sub Boost to beef up Architect and protect sentries and barriers from cutlery a reasonable tech slot? Granted, they can always allow a Arch sub to fire, but incentivizing that is never a bad thing, right?

1 Like

That doesn’t seem worth it at all. You would have to install the architect and sub boost after/in front of another sentry or barrier for that to do anything. You don’t really have that luxury in most cases.