Gagarin Appreciation Thread

so much better
you just have to deal with net damage in such a different way than credit tax

1 Like

i dont see why anyone would ever play encryption in gagarin, or really anywhere ever again

5 Likes

FWIW, I’ve really liked Expo grid in other Gagarin builds. PAD / Expo is a nice little econ remote, well worth icing.

1 Like

did we play today? i was pe/ken :smiley: if not it was definately the same list

edit: nvm the one i played against had vanitys and punitive buuut very close

i was about to write about the 14 subroutine tourguide , the unreachable takeover and those stupid student loans i should have trashed i played against !

1 Like

It’s like an ex you remember fondly. It wasn’t the best, but when it worked it worked it’s ass off and made you love it. Combined with reversed accounts, it can make for a reasonably consistant 8 cost trash reversed accounts.

So this deck now has a harakiri option, a lose condition, if you will. Hostile Infrastructure might not show up early, but when it does, if you can keep the dream alive, it wins you games against Whizzard people. I just beat Dumblefork yeaaaaaaaaah. Dumbledork.

@Grimstringer I’ve given up my vanity/punitive days

2 Likes

A first draft of something that could be good. Maybe too much fast advance and not enough to economy Thoughts?

A Weirdly Fast Gagarin Deck

Gagarin Deep Space: Expanding the Horizon

Agenda (9)
2x Hollywood Renovation
3x New Construction
3x Oaktown Renovation
1x Project Atlas

Asset (19)
2x Haas Arcology AI ••••• •••
3x Jackson Howard •••
3x Mumba Temple ••••• •
3x Mumbad Construction Co.
3x PAD Campaign
2x PAD Factory ••••
3x Public Support

Upgrade (4)
2x Ash 2X3ZB9CY ••••
2x Expo Grid

Operation (6)
3x Dedication Ceremony
3x Hedge Fund

Barrier (4)
2x Ice Wall
2x Spiderweb

Code Gate (3)
2x Enigma
1x Wormhole

Sentry (3)
1x Archer
2x Tour Guide

Multi (1)
1x Orion

15 influence spent (max 15)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Business First

Deck built on http://netrunnerdb.com.

Not sure how much Haas Arcology actually does here. Also, you 100% need more econ; Mumbad Construction Co. is expensive as shit. Like, so damn expensive ; ;

Lol didn’t even think about my lack of atlas’s. I’ll change it up and give it some testing.

There’s something here. Keep working on it.

Mumbstruction

Gagarin Deep Space: Expanding the Horizon (Order and Chaos)

Agenda (10)

Asset (27)

Upgrade (1)

Operation (3)

Barrier (4)

Code Gate (2)

Sentry (7)

15 influence spent (max 15)
22 agenda points (between 22 and 23)
54 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Business First

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

Here’s what I’ve been running, similar to the deck I won my Store Championship with with adjustments for the new set. Not sure how I feel.

Mumbad Construction being cheap to trash makes it an obvious target. So, you have to have it on, then rez it and use dedication ceremony then install an agenda, move them over, then advance twice if you want to score it.

So, you need a lot of money, and to have all the cards in your hand. Seems to not happen every game, but it’s a good back-up.

I need more money, and with dedication I want to add GRNDL Refinery. But, I’m not sure what to cut.

My take on MCC is that it’s a win-more card for Gagarin. It needs to be dealt with, otherwise it powers my reversed account, GRDNL Refinery, and my public agendas. If they do trash it, then you just Museum it back in. Set it and forget it.

Just won a very small SC in FL with a Gagarin based on Saan’s list here, but each game took forever. I love the list, but I’m not sure what to do to speed up my games. I got two timed wins because of my Corp games being so long. any remedies?

Generally, just play it a bunch so you can do your turns very quickly. I guess ’ play faster’ isn’t the most descriptive advice, but that’s kinda the only real advice there is.

I actually recommend watching some video’s about how poker dealers shuffle (it works with sleeves and doesn’t damage the cards much). Practice shuffling at home so museum is faster to execute. This isn’t magic where your deck costs over a thousand dollars.

My approach recently has been to take decks that have had success, and pilot them without changes, to see how it feels.

So I took @CJFM’s deck out for a spin, and whoa. It felt really good. The most awkward parts were The Root and Turtlebacks, but I also didn’t see the turtles until I had already gotten a +8 Diversified Portfolio. (It does make me think that they may be unneeded, though.) Also a little weird is how little Actual Money I was using. This deck is also really resilient to Account Siphon.

Still, I want a few more reps before I actually change anything, because the deck as a whole just felt so… tuned.

(Oh, and I do homebrew as well, but those are consistently worse since I don’t have the time or Power of The Masses that a published list has. Currently working on Gang Sign Leela; its current problem is that I can’t lock the remote properly for Gang Sign to actually do anything useful. Also working on NEXT Foundry, might try throwing a Museum in there…)

2 Likes

He replaced The Root with an Interns, and that helps.

I agree Turtlebacks is awkward, but getting them early makes so much money that it’s probably worth the inclusion over the awkwardness of getting them late. I’ve tried things like Launch Campaign instead, and it’s okay, but you need a protected server to put them in, which adds to the setup time required before you start making money, and this is already a slow deck.

One good option is adding a Troubleshooter for one Turtlebacks.

Eh, I feel like Turtlebacks are either an all or none deal. They’re really only good if you see them early enough to use them, and dropping them down to 2 in a 54 card deck seems like it’s almost guaranteed to make that not happen.

Fair point. Cutting a Jackson is also a possibility. I rarely feel like I need 3 in this deck. Usually just in the Noise Matchup.

So stealth (specifically switchblade) has gotten real popular again in my meta. Switchblade makes this deck’s main win condition (Tour Guide) real, real sad. Stealth in general is good enough to make the high-impact runs that beat this deck up. Anyone had any thoughts about how to hate on Faust while not dying to spot rem–er, switchblade?

2 Likes

Power shutdown for the stealth cards

2 Likes