Gear Check! Gauging the interest in a Stimhack store

Preferably handcrafted and glued together and signed by a World champ!

If that’s not reasonable, I will go for a Worlds Swiss leader…

2 Likes

What do you guys think is the optimal size for a round coin? I was thinking about the size of a nickel. Just ones and fives? Same size? Nickel/Bronze for colors? Two-tone coins? Stimhack logo on one side and denomination on the other? I’m getting pricing options for all of these, so let me know what you guys think is a good idea.

1 Like

Biggest complaint about a lot of custom coins is that it’s hard to tell the different denominations apart across the table. As long as they’re really clear at a glance I’m happy with whatever. Stimhack logo/Value sounds like a good combo.

5 Likes

personally I’d say penny is a better size. nickel size is a bit too large IMO

Penny size for ones, nickel size for fives, just like in the wild.

4 Likes

Also, questions:

Do they have to be round?

Could we put a little cheeky re-imagining of ‘In God we trust’ across the bottom or something? (In Eli/Jackson/Caprice we trust?)

2 Likes

How about skipping the coins and printing Netrunner bills instead?

1 Like

We are looking at hexes.

We’re not yet sure whether we can go smaller than a Nickel.

I like the size of the team covenant tokens quite a bit; I think those are nickel or quarter sized. Seems good.

6 Likes

I like the size of the regional virus tokens from this year.

Different sizes for ones and fives would be clutch.

I think this is the optimal way to do it but it might cost more. We will certainly have them be different tones/colors, but different sizes could cost up to 40% more because we would need to make different molds for the Stimhack logo side rather than just using the same one. I have yet to see prices, but if they’re not that much more, we’ll go with differing sizes.

E Pluribus Anus

2 Likes

We’re looking for designs/designers right now. The back is going to be stimhack logo, the front designs for $1 and $5 are what we still need. Right now, it’s looking like nickel-sized ones in nickel and quarter-sized 5s in brass. $40 for a set of 24 (16 ones and 8 5s) is the plan.

7 Likes

Niice. Shut up and take my money and all that

This. 10 characters.

This sounds rad.

wow for metal coins, this is an incredible deal!

S W A G H A C K

Never buy metal tokens from a dice whore.

8 Likes

Joke’s on all of us, they’re actually metal dice.

9 Likes