Going Against the Grain: Reg-Ass Maxx

Is Legwork even good anymore? Six months ago I was winning all my games with it, and nowadays all I do with it is fire it off when I don’t have anything else to do.

4 Likes

I think MaxX always stayed pretty good in the tier liest, but people where just worried about lotus field being everywere. The reg-ass builds always has been more consistent vs the eater-keyhole-denial deck variant, but those had a more snowball/win-more effect.

Now with NRE out, people are willing to give it a go again. Just my 2 cents…

Legwork is still good, but finding a right moment to fire is getting harder with all those glacier RP decks out there, and don’t even speak about legworking butchershop

Isn’t it as simple as (1) economically superior anarch ID + new anarch toys = really good flavour of the month. (2) don’t we just lose because Blacklist? (3) oh, you mean it’s a pain in the ass but you don’t actually need all your cards to win netrunner games AND Net Ready Eyes is disgusting.

1 Like

With Blacklist there are two options:

1. TaxX: Create a server for it that runner will get in and trash it for some cost. It can create a scoring window, but it won’t singlehandedly win you the game with MaxX.
  2. End the Game: Create a server that runner can’t get in. Unless the MaxX player is unlucky, he can still win. Locking MaxX is very hard and using the corp’s resources for it can lose the game. I know the Blacklist play lost me the game in Top 8 yesterday - MaxX had all the breakers and NRE, but no econ. The player just took creds and ran with Medium when he could. If I stopped the R&D runs he would have won from a simple HQ. I was flooded because of Blacklist.

I feel like the Stimhack is the only real flex slot. Legwork is necessary vs Butcherboys (which you CAN do, but it’s a very complicated matchup. You have to wait until lategame to Leg them usuallly) and often great vs RP also. Could cut Stimhack for 2nd David; it isn’t what it used to be for reasons I don’t understand. Gambit is only a flex slot if you fuck up with it; it’s inf free Lucky Find if you don’t and def not a cut.

I’ve been running with nothing but RegAss since O&C. It never got bad. The reason why we don’t see more regass is in because there’s about 50 players worldwide who are good enough to make it worth playing, and the vast majority of them have been too scared of Chronos/Blacklist or unwilling to put in the time to make the deck good for them.

I have been watching tons of great players lose to themselves with this deck. I do it to myself every so often. The main reason this deck isn’t everywhere is because it’s too hard.

3 Likes

So, the Maxx image for the winning decklists has been edited to just have her middle finger up. This is fucking stupid. To whomever did this:

And have some of this as well:

10 Likes

@aandries and I are running it in Chicago (although I still enjoy the Siphon build).

Fuck it.

3 Likes

For card 46 I swear by Human First. I know, I know, but I think it’s better than a 3rd Kati and I’ve been happy with it. You also get the awesome hipster cred every time which, as a PNW resident, is prety cool.

Cutting Legwork seems like a really bad idea, imo.

3 Likes

Ended 2nd today in the Liège Regional with RegMaxx.
Lost twice, once against NEH FA (he scored behind a lotus when I had trouble getting my Yog + NRE) and against Butcher (the first 3 mills were all econ : 2 gamble => Kati + Cast => 2 liberated). Was forced to run an agenda without imp, and then died in a mountains of tags.

The deck is definitely strong but sometime, poor draw can really really shit over you. I’m certain that I would have done better with Kate. Feels like my draw are so much more consistent when i’m playing kate instead of Maxx.

3 Likes

So that’s why you were playing Jimi after the elims…

1 Like

@kiv played a one-of Retrieval Run in Reg-Ass a while ago. I wonder if Crick has made it worse?

I loved Jimi’s deck. Guy who took 4th at FFG Center had a hybrid RAM/Eater deck. INF was Levy/Femme/NRE/2 Siphon/Hades. Had 1 Corroder, 1 Yog…

I was intrigued.

4 Likes

Sounds like a mess. 1 of each breaker and no clone chips? Consistency just went down the toilet.

2 Likes

Lol

And 3 Eater.

Well, i’m also WAY more used to Kate, which I guess should help :slight_smile:

He’s a monster with that deck. Took down an SC here with it too, and top 8’d the first league this year. I’ve never beaten him when he’s playing it, and I’ve never lost to another Eater MaxX player.

Yeah, that MaxX of his is just beastly. The Femme wins him games. I’m probably going to switch to something similar. Between this, Abram’s Noise, and all the Whizzards, we have a really strong Anarch scene in Minnesota right now!

I could have sworn you dropped a game to my ridiculous Power Nap Eater MaxX a few weeks back, though.

Anarch made up 2/3 of the field. Crazy. ELP RP would’ve done severe work yesterday, or Blacklist RP.

And yet no one was playing it out of fear of the Whiz!

1 Like