GRNDL - Restoring Order

After some tests with the new Weyland cards I got disappointed with the new ID’s and decided to revisit a old and almost forgotten archetype, Accelerated Diagnostics / Power Shutdown combo. While probably not the best deck around it was surprisingly effective when I took it to a recent Store Championship where it managed a 5-2 record, unfortunatly losing the finals after a epic game stalling on 6 agenda-points and a runner with no cards in hand or deck.

So, on to the decklist:

GRNDL Restoring Order

GRNDL: Power Unleashed (Fear and Loathing)

Agenda (8)
1x Government Takeover (Order and Chaos)
1x Hades Fragment (Up and Over)
2x Hostile Takeover (Core Set)
3x Project Atlas (What Lies Ahead)
1x Utopia Fragment (The Source)

Asset (3)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) •••

Upgrade (2)
2x Crisium Grid (First Contact)

Operation (22)
3x Accelerated Diagnostics (Mala Tempora) •••
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
2x Housekeeping (Order and Chaos)
3x Power Shutdown (Mala Tempora)
3x Punitive Counterstrike (True Colors)
3x Restructure (Second Thoughts)
2x Scorched Earth (Core Set)
1x SEA Source (Core Set) ••
2x Successful Demonstration (Creation and Control) ••

Barrier (5)
2x Changeling (Up and Over)
3x Hive (Double Time)

Code Gate (4)
2x Checkpoint (Order and Chaos)
2x Enigma (Core Set)

Sentry (3)
2x Errand Boy (The Source)
1x Taurus i[/i]

Other (2)
2x Chimera (Cyber Exodus)

10 influence spent (max 10)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Order and Chaos

Decklist published on NetrunnerDB.

There as some choices in the deck that was mediocre and likely to be cut for the next time I revisit the deck but in general it performed pretty good. Of my 5 wins two where flatlines and the rest where agenda wins.
Housekeeping is a beast in this deck, if you get one early it slows down the runner so much.
Also the deck is not for those that like to play safe, often skipping ICE on RnD and HQ early to force through a early 3-pointer or Atlas with counter.

Also don’t rez ICE unless you really have to, with low sustained economy you need to hold a bank threatening the various flatline options.

1 Like

Hehe, I flatlined against this in the LB finals of the tournament. I got government takeover from archives only to face double succesful demonstrations (having bounced on a hive) into punitive. I had quite a bank and thought I was safe from the trace, need better math.
I’m not a fan of the combo though, did you get to pull it off in any of the games yesterday? I agree housekeeping was super annoying.

I really like the idea of Housekeeping forcing them to slow down and take less advantage of the bad pub, and then when they do install things you shoot them with Power Shutdown. At some point I tried Paywall Implementation to just get a bunch of money when they run rampant on my centrals but this seems much better.

Did you find GRNDL’s 10 influence enough? I actually have been pondering going in the other direction and playing Titan Transnational just to have 17 influence (and extra Atlas token).

Thoughts on Checkpoint? It seems great to enable Successful Demo but obviously at some point they’ll have enough bad pub to just pay the trace. Having only 1 sub makes it soft to D4V1D as well.

Did you miss having any agenda scoring combo available? I know it’s impossible to find deck space but adding Interns, Shipment from SanSan, and Subliminal gives you a “score Atlas from deck” opportunity and the cards are all reasonable on their own.

Checkpoint was not great and the BP is the primary reason, but the inf is a hard limit and one reason the deck might be better in another ID. That said GRNDL is the best at threatening flatline combos from turn one and that you cannot be syphoned to 0 without at least two Siphons is a big deal.

I actually never had a trouble scoring Atlas, of the two games I lost one I was stuck looking for a 3/5 with every other agenda except Government Takeover being scored or stolen and the other I couldn’t find ICE in ~10 cards with a active Keyhole that cost me the game after ~4 turns with a undefended RnD.

That said, Successful Demonstration is not good enough and I am likely to play the third Hostile and a Refinery in those two slots which frees up two influence for ICE to replace the Checkpoints. Might also be worthwhile to cut one of the Accelerated Diagnostics to free up a deckslot and a influence since it’s the only “bad” combopiece and you are likely to be drawing lots of cards finding another if you want to.

The Government Takeover / Punitive Counterstrike combo is not great, but can create a win out of nowhere against anyone not packing plascretes while also lowering agenda density. In general the deck is pretty good at setting up a archives trap at the exact amount of agendapoints needed for a punitive win while only allowing the runner to go to six points.

1 Like