[Haarpsichord Studios] Convenience Shop- Haarpsichord Kill

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Makes the Gutenberg trace significantly worse with 3 BP.

The Ice is pretty bad anyway, and is probably always going to be the weakest aspect of the deck. If your opponents are having trouble dealing with Gutenberg you really ought to be winning.

2 Likes

I donā€™t think the Gutenberg trace matters at the point of the game where you have scored profiteering.

Copy of Convenience Shop (49 cards)

Haarpsichord Studios

Agenda (15)
1 15 Minutes
3 AstroScript Pilot Program
3 Breaking News
2 Explode-a-palooza
3 Profiteering
3 Quantum Predictive Model

Asset (7)
3 Jackson Howard
3 News Team
1 Shattered Remains

Operation (17)
3 24/7 News Cycle
3 Hedge Fund
2 Midseason Replacements
3 Scorched Earth
3 Sweeps Week
3 Traffic Accident

Barrier (3)
3 Wraparound

Code Gate (2)
2 Pop-up Window

Sentry (5)
3 Data Raven
2 Gutenberg

This is the list I played at worlds -1 Explodea, -1 TGTBT, -1 Closed Accounts, +3 Profiteering. YOu could likely cut a Popup and another Explodea for 2x TFIN for more one pointers, or combo piece finding. I will likely test this tonight.

5 Likes

Convenience Shop

Haarpsichord Studios: Entertainment Unleashed (Old Hollywood)

Agenda (16)
3x AstroScript Pilot Program (Core Set)
3x Breaking News (Core Set)
1x Explode-a-palooza (Old Hollywood)
3x Profiteering (Second Thoughts)
3x Quantum Predictive Model (Data and Destiny)
2x The Future is Now (The Universe of Tomorrow)
1x 15 Minutes (Data and Destiny)

Asset (7)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves)
3x News Team (Data and Destiny)
1x Shattered Remains (First Contact)

Operation (17)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
2x Midseason Replacements (Future Proof)
3x Scorched Earth (Core Set) [color=#006400]ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ ā€¢ā€¢[/color]
3x Sweeps Week (True Colors)
3x Traffic Accident (Order and Chaos) [color=#006400]ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢[/color]
3x 24/7 News Cycle (Data and Destiny)

Barrier (3)
3x Wraparound (Fear and Loathing)

Code Gate (1)
1x Archangel (Data and Destiny)

Sentry (5)
3x Data Raven (Core Set)
2x Gutenberg (Breaker Bay)
15 influence spent (max 15)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Data and Destiny

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

I made some changes to agenda suite and ICE as suggested. I think this looks good, Iā€™m gonna test it out today.

1 Like

I didnā€™t realize that Astro token could be used for Shattered. Thatā€™sā€¦ Disgusting. OK; probably shouldnā€™t cut it.

I lost my PC to Shattered all the time, even if I saw it on indexing, I know its coming, and then when they IAA something. I still want to check

2 Likes

So this is exactly what I suggested with an Archangel over a Popup. That sounds like it might be a good change, but archangel gets a lot worse post-profiteering. I may try it out tonight, I will report back.

1 Like

I am wondering if the combination of trying for midseasons and R&D being softer post-profiteering might make the deck want 2 Shattered Remains. It can likely lose a Hedge Fund, but I canā€™t see anything else worth pulling.

Dans list already had two, right?

1 Like

I cut one for Closed Accounts at Worlds. It ended up being good in a couple games. It can be used click 3 on a turn where you 24/7, then TA but hit an IHW. So they wont have the money to remove the tags without some sort of resource or Opus economy.

But they can remove one even then, so if theyā€™ve hoarded Iā€™ve had worse (sensibly) then your scorch is very likely to hit one. I dunno, itā€™s a good card but deckslots are so vital.

This is the list Iā€™ve been playing with for a while.

Haarp Butcher

Haarpsichord Studios: Entertainment Unleashed (Old Hollywood)

Agenda (14)

Asset (7)

Upgrade (2)

Operation (15)

Barrier (3)

Code Gate (3)

Sentry (5)

15 influence spent (max 15)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Data and Destiny

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

• Little Engine is just great for pushing out an astro or is a great tax on R&D where the deck usually loses when the runner goes tag-me.
  • Resistor is great for when they go tag-me and assault your centrals. The only runner that really doesnā€™t care about it is Sunny and maybe Geist with a buttload of link.
  • Everything else is pretty vanilla, Iā€™m still torn between TGTBT and TFIN. One is better to get stolen, the other you prefer to score. Still not sure as of yet.
  • You can burn down plascretes and still kill them anyways, itā€™s just more tedious.
  • Another great thing is that this deck puts the runner on clock and there is no really great way of beating it, you just have to go with what youā€™ve drawn and pray that the corp doesnā€™t assemble the combo too early. If the runner draws actively for plascrete, the corp scores out. If the runner runs too much, QPMs get scored, they accumulate News Teams and generally have a bad time. Meanwhile, the corp assembles their combo and kills the runner.

I must say, Butcher is by far my favourite Corp deck and I am very happy with how the archetype has developed.

I agree. I donā€™t think it was worth having, I would have preferred the SR in most situations.

Donā€™t you miss CVS in your list?

1 Like

any videos of this deck being played properly? I did play a couple of games with the 16 agenda version, and whilst I won, I feel like it was either because my opponents were bad, or I was lucky. Maybe both. Usually opened with some money and a data raven, and then played down news teams as they came, scored 2 pointers out, and drew a lotā€¦and yet am not sure if that was still wrongā€¦dunno. I wish there were vids to see how it should go xD

Iā€™m planning on streaming/recording tomorrow morning, Iā€™ll play the deck and be sure to link you to the VOD once itā€™s up.

3 Likes

I can tell you that against Kate, youā€™re mulling for breaking news.

2 Likes

While I do think that CVS would help a bit - with either stopping clot or imp, I donā€™t think itā€™s necessary. I might try it out, by swapping out a Shattered Remains and adding the CVS. That should be tested, however, the deck already performs well on its own so Iā€™m not yet sure the change will help. It just seems like the card doesnā€™t do enough that itā€™d be worth the include.

I played against @mediohxcore once. He spent a lot of time either drawing or clicking for credits.

I was also MaxX, so I think he was mostly just killing time until there were few enough cards left in my deck.

2 Likes

Hey guys, Iā€™ve been tweaking this deck pretty much since Data and Destiny was made available on Octgn and I just won a 32 person tournament where it went 7-0

Haarpsichord Studios: Entertainment Unleashed

Agenda (13)
3x AstroScript Pilot Program
3x Breaking News
3x Explode-a-palooza
1x NAPD Contract
2x TGTBT
1x 15 Minutes

Asset (4)
3x Jackson Howard
1x Shattered Remains

Upgrade (2)
2x SanSan City Grid

Operation (21)
1x Closed Accounts
3x Hedge Fund
3x Midseason Replacements
2x Restructure
3x Scorched Earth ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ ā€¢ā€¢
3x Sweeps Week
3x Traffic Accident ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢
3x 24/7 News Cycle

Barrier (2)
2x Wraparound

Code Gate (4)
1x Archangel
1x Pop-up Window
2x Quandary

Sentry (3)
1x Data Raven
2x Gutenberg

I read through all the above decks, and it seems like no one else is running SanSan. I initially didnā€™t bother including it because I didnā€™t care about scoring out too much, then as soon as I tested it out the win rate exploded, here are some reasons why I think its so strong in this deck.

• It allows kills from hand without 24/7 news cycle by installing BN on it and scorching, it happens so often that I can install a BN on sansan and astro token it to score before the runner can get their clot, then traffic-scorch.
  • The runner will always trash it if they see it unrezzed, which helps leverage a credit differential for a midseason.
  • In the case that the runner has NACH - film critic and you just canā€™t kill them it facilitates getting to 7 points.
    -score a breaking news off a sansan and closed accounts so they canā€™t afford to trash it

Basically it won me a tonne of games mainly by scoring BN from hand and traffic-scorching. Anyway I just wanted to chime in my opinion and recommend that everyone that doesnā€™t already, tries the SanSans as another kill tool :smile:

6 Likes