[Haarpsichord Studios] Convenience Shop- Haarpsichord Kill

Have you missed News Team at all?

1 Like

News team is great but sansan replaced it because it straight up won me games, wouldnā€™t know how to fit it in now :frowning:

Like this a lot, looks a lot more like butchershop lists, especially with two sansans and two restructures in there like I use in butchershop. Do you feel 3 24/7 news cycle + 3 midseasons is not a bit much? I guess itā€™s not NEH so you donā€™t have the same kind of draw power, but looks like a lot. Iā€™d probably cut one of the six cards, but without having played the list I am not sure which would be more appropriate to cut ( to possibly make room for a news team)

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, I think Iā€™ll drop a 24/7 because I want to see it in the mid game, I want 3 midseason replacements because theyā€™re vital for the early game, usually for when I put out the explode-a-palooza in the early turns. Also thinking of adding a second archangel that card is bananas, and this talk of profiteering is enticing, might drop some tgtbts. I donā€™t think 3 bad pub does change the maths much on Gutenberg, and the rest of the ice is just there to make them get their breakers out really.

I think TGTBT is not that great if youā€™re not also on QPM. It is best as a 1x in that last 3/1 flex slot when using something like the OPā€™s agenda blend. I mean, it works to get in the odd Scorch kill against someone not playing around tags, but I donā€™t think it does enough without that extra synergy.

I do like the SanSan in your blend. Iā€™m thinking about putting it in mine, but Iā€™m not keen on losing News Teams or extra ICE. It is good to hear that it works pretty well in the list.

1 Like

i read about this on reddit (i have to assume he was talking about you) and felt so bad. it was such a seemingly baller play on his part, and it was painful to watch that conversation unfold as he realised it was a totally illegal play. how did you do overall?

either way, this decks looks awesome, and iā€™m going to love playing it (or at least something like it). i have a feeling foodcoats will be everywhere since it was what, like 11 of the top 16 at worlds? i think thereā€™s some room for convenience shop

[quote=ā€œmediohxcore, post:36, topic:5676, full:trueā€]
A Taiwanese player sent me a Haarp deck on facebook in May before 24/7 was spoiled but it was pretty much reliant entirely on Profiteering/Midseasons and it looked pretty filthy even back then. I think the next step for working on this deck is probably trying to work in the Profiteers
[/quote]was that the 20 agenda 29 operation deck? haha that deck looked so bad at first, but then i played against it, and it was really hard to play against. i had completely forgot about it, but now i want to try it with 24/7

I think it was 17 agendas; 3 Astros.

yeah, i was getting the two mixed up. anyway, i found it: Yellow Deck Wins

(yes, it actually has some ICE)

Huh. Thatā€™s ballsy. Also just kind of cries when the Runner pops down Employee Strike.

it should also be noted that this deck was published either just before or right after Old Hollywood released.

Iā€™m fairly sure itā€™s me heā€™s talking about and while my record still wouldnā€™t have been good enough to get into t-16 the game did matter as I would have ended r6 9-3 instead of 8-4.

1 Like

First off, whatā€™s up Max? :smile: See you at the next Ogre tournament?
Secondly, Iā€™ve been experimenting with a similar deck build, but havenā€™t playtested it a whole ton. Hereā€™s my list:

New-gen butchershop (49 cards)

Haarpsichord Studios

Agenda (14)
1 15 Minutes 2 AstroScript Pilot Program 3 Breaking News 2 Global Food Initiative ā€¢ā€¢ 3 Quantum Predictive Model 3 TGTBT
Asset (11)
3 Jackson Howard 3 Lily Lockwell 2 News Team 3 PAD Campaign
Operation (10)
3 Hedge Fund 2 Midseason Replacements 3 Scorched Earth ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ ā€¢ā€¢ 2 Sweeps Week
Barrier (4)
1 Eli 1.0 ā€¢ 1 Wall of Static 2 Wraparound
Code Gate (3)
2 Enigma 1 Quandary
Sentry (7)
3 Data Raven 2 Gutenberg 2 Turnpike

Iā€™m really surprised to have not seen more Lily Lockwell in the preceding lists. Sheā€™s an absolute boss in this deck. If the runner goes tag me or if youā€™ve landed a midseason, itā€™s super easy to tutor up the scorches that you need. If they ever end a turn with only one tag, you can also use her to go fetch a midseasonā€™s for a future tag dump.
I went with GFI for agenda density reasons, I never intend to score them. In fact, I donā€™t think Iā€™ve yet won a match by scoring 7.
Interested in all the feedback you guys and gals can send my way.
Thanks!

Notes on Profiteering: I originally put it in as a way to fight DLR Val, the money is enough to make fighting through net pavilions possible, and if they Siphon you to 0 you can always 24/7 the profiteering to get back in the game.

You donā€™t always take all the money, sometimes you just want 5 so you can play hedge fund, sometimes the BP would make too much of a difference. I donā€™t know if itā€™s possible to make any hard rules, I think you just need to practice with it and make good calls. Anyway Explodeapalooza is pretty meh in this deck, losing 2 points hurts and ultimately if you do take money from profiteering thatā€™s helping you Midseasons them just as much as 5 credits when they steal would.

Regarding ICE, I went to
2 Data Raven
2 Gutenberg
3 Wraparound
1 Enigma

As I wanted a small amount of support for early rush to get Astro scored. Gutenberg trace is high enough even with BP from Profiteering.

2 Likes

Did you play at 49 cards? What was the final status of anon tip?

Strong list. I modified it to fit two SanSans, ended up cutting one News Team and the two TFIN for another Palooza.
A slight problem is the Bad Pub to shut down the SanSan quite easily (afterwards), but itā€™s manageable.

I donā€™t understand why nobody is slotting 2 All Seeing I in their lists or at least a Freelancer. DLR is so prevalent and if they have Paparazzi + WNP + Fall Guyā€™s you just lose. I think DLR is a problem for Scorched decks anyways, and All Seeing I is too good of an answer not to include it.

Its a miserable answer to the most popular DLR deck. By far your best out is scoring because QPM keeps them from running Archives.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s why you run 2 :wink:
In reality, a Freelancer might not be a bad idea vs DLR. However, All Seeing I vs Noise or rig anarchā€™s is game changing.

Yeah really enjoying this deck so far. The two sansans do a lot of work, either taxing them credits or letting you get ahead on agendas or get kill chances. Feels a lot like butchershop, without just losing to multi access, but needing to spend a ton more time drawing, which takes a bit of getting used to for someone whoā€™s mainly played NEH for a while xD.

Iā€™ve cut the news teams for now, and whilst I have lockwell, Iā€™m not sure I like it that much just yet. Drawing the cards is nice, but I rarely land tags against good players other than when I finally get to kill them. But Iā€™ll keep one in for a bit longer to see how it goes

This is precisely how you beat DLR.