[Haarpsichord Studios] Convenience Shop- Haarpsichord Kill

Can we discuss how NAPDMWL changes the deck? I’m really struggling with making adjustments, the NEH influence is looking really good right now. Luckily any NAPDs can be switched out for Exploda Palooza, which is probably better in the deck anyway. I am actually starting to believe cutting the 3rd scorched is necessary as i can’t imagine life without 3 Astro, it also lets me keep one of my 2 SanSans. Has anyone tested it out yet?

My initial response to the MWL is to cut Astros for Beales and fit in a few psychographics. I haven’t put together a solid decklist yet but I’ll post if I do.

2 Likes

I just cut down astro for beale.I slot 1 psycho before,now with beale psycho became much powerful.

3 Likes

I just chopped the SanSan and Astros. I was running 2x SSCG and 3x ASPP. My agenda suite used to be:

Agenda (12)

• 3x AstroScript Pilot Program
  • 2x Breaking News
  • 2x Explode-a-palooza
  • 3x Project Beale
  • 2x TGTBT

It’s now:

Agenda (14)

• 3x Breaking News
  • 3x Explode-a-palooza
  • 3x Project Beale
  • 3x Quantum Predictive Model
  • 2x TGTBT

To be honest, having 2 more agendas in there doesn’t effect the game all that much. The loss of SanSan/Astrotrain is a blow because it takes away some of the deck’s versatility, but quite a neat trick is to slap Data Raven on archives and just dump the QPM in there and forget about them.

It forces your hand a little bit towards the kill, and one option is definitely to drop one scorch for 2x Astro and 2x SanSan (or 3 and 1, whatever takes your fancy) so you still have that ability to Fast Advance if they are resisting the kill.

I am very much looking forward to the release of Salem’s Hospitality in Mumbad though. Oh, you thought those I’ve Had Worse would save you? How cute. Or you thought you could hold those Plascretes and delay the tempo loss? Too bad, now they’re gone.

I still love this deck post-NAPD MWL. It’s still very viable, and I recently swapped out my Tollbooth for a Flare, which is something the runner never expects.

I have some flexi slots which I might actually devote to News Team now I am less concerned about DLR. The All-Seeing I can probably become one, and I’m thinking of going down to 1x SEA Source to include another. News Team is such a powerful card in this deck.

I gotta say, post MWL I am having a lot of trouble with this deck.

Is it just not worth it post MWL? NEH seems a bit better.

Either that or you pretty much have to go all in on the Midseasons play.

1 Like

Yeah, this has been my experience too. I think partly it’s the MWL, and partly that everyone is wise to it now, and there’s at least one Plascrete in every deck.

It’s very hard to score out post-MWL, because you don’t have huge amounts of cash and scoring agendas doesn’t give you a huge benefit without Astro. Scoring usually therefore hurts your ability to Midseason the runner - so they can just let you have a couple of agendas early on, then lock you out. You can still manage sometimes with Haarp shenanigans if Imp or Film Critic don’t make an appearance, but it feels a lot harder than it used to.

I tried dropping one Scorch to put Astro back but it was way too inconsistent. I’m now thinking about going back to NEH too, with Midseason as plan A and a 24/7 or two for a plan B.

Re the neat trick:

First of all, as runner, if you want to rez a draven on archives, I’m thrilled. It’s your best ice and now it’s guarding very little. And severely reducing the number of times I am gonna have to run through double data raven on a remote.
Secondly, do people really decide to run through the draven without a film critic or some really good reason to go to archives? In my experience, people don’t run the archives vs haarp.

1 Like

People only run my archives when I’m playing my Haarp kill deck when I’ve been Jackson drawing or if they’re Noise.

I was fun tagging noise with my second guttenberg when he only had d4v1d out and letting him access 2 news teams and 2 QPMs.

edit: d4vid not mimic, brain fart.

1 Like

I’ve been playing with bakashinobi, and I can confirm that he is indeed a jerk to Noise :smile:

I ripped off his deck when he updated it from Astro to Beal for the MWL. The deck is frankly better, because many runners will not fear the tagstorm with plascrete down, and let you land 7+ tags, which can let you psycho-beal and score out.

Profiteering for big cash is a good way to go. Operations economy keeps the deck running.

Tagging ICE. Wraparound for HQ protection agaisnt Crim, AI hate, and a rush ICE on turn 1. Any other ICE is questionable. Keep the runner under fear of Midseasons --> scorch, or 24/7 --> scorch.

Adapt to your opponent. Score aggressively against anyone who fears the SEA/Midseasons scorch. Double-install agendas against aggressive runners so you always score when they score. Give them News Team’s to give yourself a points edge. Data Raven anywhere. DRaven + QPM = points.

Play smart and you can get a points lead over the runner while building towards a kill combo. Pressure them to steal or lose on points. Make them afraid to steal because of the impending flatline. Tell the runner ‘Fear is the mind killer,’ this always results in a bad run. Every run against Haarp is a bad run.

Lastly Shattered remains is probably a good way to clear plascrete – I’ve never landed it, but I’m sure it’s good.

1 Like

The real dilemma of Haarp is this:
Astro requires 3 inf.You only got 15.3 Scorch mandatory.
So either cut 3 TA,which basically means you can’t kill people;or cut Astro for Beale,which basically means your Shattered Remains can’t bluff anyone and you got no way to get rid of Plascrete,and of course your scoring ability.
I personally cut Shattered Remains and 3 Astro for Beale and slot 1 Psycho in,which is great and often give you last shot at scoring.But still,when I face a CT with 2 Plascrete on and 1 Film Critic I just say to myself I’m f**ked.

1 Like

Honestly, if that’s the only matchup that you’re screwed in I’d say you’re going pretty well.

And any deck hitting 2 plascrete and 1 flim critic on table.Unless you go early on and have enough pressure (BN scored,4-5 points,econ leads),against that kind of situation is gg.The power of Haarp is you can kill or go on match point in a really fast speed and yet somehow very safe,unlike NEH.After MWL I got to say I feel Haarp is a little nerfed.My personal feeling though.

I honestly think that psycho-Beale is a better FA scoring option than Astro chain, in one turn you can (with sufficient credits) Midseasons for 9 tags, install Beale, and Psycographics for 9 to score a 5 point Beale.

It sounds crazy, but it can work. Beale can allow the corp to win from low scores and deep credit pools, even with 2x plascrete on the table, which is a common response to tagstorm.

As a bonus, you still have Traffic Accident, so you can flatline a runner from 3 credits. The deck is always dangerous, and has two strong win conditions.

Film Critic + 2x Plascrete is a great time to get in some good crying, however.

3 Likes

You put it better than I was going to. Psychobeale is arguably a more solid win condition than managing to bumble into all your Astros before the runner does.

3 Likes

The deck is probably gonna suck until everyone removes Plascrete from their deck once they realize how much MWL has neutered Butchershop. Then it will go back to being good again. When it does I speculate Astro is what you want to be on the cutting room floor, because in a plascreteless world you just want to line up traffic accident and scorched as consistently as possible because the only threat is I’ve Had Worse

Although by the time people stop overcompensating with the Plascretes and Critics maybe Salem Hospitality will already be out.

I run psycho before MWL even I don’t have beale.Psychobeale is crazy,but the more crazy stuff (and somehow more common scenario) is put down 2 astros,stolen 1 score 1,score another or 1 explode,and wait for QMP or kill.Psychobeale is the best scoring plan Haarp might get,but losing astro is really pain in the ass.

1 Like

every haarp I play against generally scores QPM from the board. Dumping them in archives is so 2 months ago. That’s a neat trick to lose the game I think :frowning:

Convenience Shop MWL Updated

Haarpsichord Studios: Entertainment Unleashed (Old Hollywood)

Agenda (15)

Asset (5)

Operation (19)

Barrier (3)

Code Gate (2)

Sentry (5)

15 influence spent (max 15)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Data and Destiny

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

Here’s my current list. It’s more focused on Midseasons overall as a win condition. Runner economies took a pretty big hit with the MWL and profiteering can get you to be able to land millions of tags. Been working pretty good so far.

3 Likes

That is very, very close to the same list that I run. I’m not sure that Enigma gives you much more than Quandary, since either will be broken with bad pub once a Profiteering is scored. I would love to squeeze a Checkpoint in, but all of the influence is already spoken for.

Frankly, in this deck I don’t know that there is even a need for codegates, the only real gear check is Plascrete.

This is basically the list I’m running as well, though I’m on 2 Wrap, 1 Little Engine, and 2 Special Offers. Profiteering is the most amazing card in this deck. Having a Profiteering and a Breaking News scored is absolutely amazing.