[Haarpsichord Studios] Convenience Shop- Haarpsichord Kill

Enigma is basically for early game vs Noise.

1 Like

Ah, and the 2 strength is enough to keep it alive for 2 turns, whereas Quandary is insta-kill? That makes sense.

Personally I expect to give up access, and focus on landing tags, with Wraparound to defend HQ. There have been a couple times I’d have liked a resistor, but I worry that the trace is too weak with all the bad pub from profiteering.

That’s actually a good point about resistor. I might end up cutting for a 3rd Wrap.

1 Like

Convenience Shop MWL Updated

Haarpsichord Studios: Entertainment Unleashed (Old Hollywood)

Agenda (15)
3x AstroScript Pilot Program (Core Set) [color=#FF8C00]☆☆☆[/color]
3x Breaking News (Core Set)
2x Explode-a-palooza (Old Hollywood)
3x Profiteering (Second Thoughts)
2x Quantum Predictive Model (Data and Destiny)
1x The Future is Now (The Universe of Tomorrow)
1x 15 Minutes (Data and Destiny)

Asset (7)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves)
2x News Team (Data and Destiny)
1x Psychic Field (Honor and Profit) [color=#DC143C]•[/color]
1x Shattered Remains (First Contact)

Upgrade (1)
1x Cyberdex Virus Suite (Order and Chaos)

Operation (16)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
3x Midseason Replacements (Future Proof)
2x Scorched Earth (Core Set) [color=#006400]••••• •••[/color]
3x Sweeps Week (True Colors)
3x Traffic Accident (Order and Chaos) [color=#006400]•••[/color]
2x 24/7 News Cycle (Data and Destiny)

Barrier (3)
1x Resistor (Data and Destiny)
2x Wraparound (Fear and Loathing)

Code Gate (2)
2x Enigma (Core Set)

Sentry (5)
3x Data Raven (Core Set)
2x Gutenberg (Breaker Bay)
12 influence spent (max 15-3=12)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Data and Destiny

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

Updated by taking out 1 scorch instead of the astros. Let me put utility like shattered and CVS back in, which are important. Random Psychic Field is the best use of 1 influence I could think of so you can 24/7, TA, Scorch if they get a plascrete down and run it 3rd or 4th click.

1 Like

I run an extra tfin to have higher chances of fetching the now fewer scorches, and use one sansan instead of the psychic field, and a third wrap instead of resistor, but I really like this. Single psychic field is awesome for 1 inf, it’s in almost all my NEH decks, or at least used to be…

My projected list is likewise very similar; just -1 Profiteering -1 Psychic Field -1 Resistor +1 Little Engine +1 SSCG +1 QPM. Profiteering might just be too good not to play 3 of, though. I’m also on the fence about cutting the 3rd 24/7; you’ve got 7 good targets for it (and Astro will do in a pinch), and it really helps to draw into those early, I’ve found. Haven’t had many great opportunities to Midseason people recently, either.

Wish I could do more MWL testing, but I’ve got a pre-MWL Store Champs coming up next week, and considering all the tag hate popping up in my meta, I’m not sure if it’s the best option to play Shop anyway…

Man, I fucking love The Future Is Now in combo decks, especially decks where you don’t mind 1-pointers. I was super leery of taking out a scorch, even though it seems like a good candidate influence wise, but TFIN makes this a tempting thing.

Why aren’t people slotting in Lily Lockwell? Both her abilities seem like they would be solid in Haarp. First of she draws cards on demand. Secndly if you’ve landed a bunch of midseasons tags then sending one to tutor up something you want our protecting the top of R&D seems solid. I guess she would be getting trashed out of R&D.

I put 1x Lily in my lists as a pet card. The problem is, she’s only great post-Midseasons if you’re missing one kill piece but you’re generally very poor at that point so the 2 rez can hurt. She’s fun but probably not the best use of a card slot.

3 Likes

Pre MWL it doesn’t seem worth, but post MWL going triple midseasons, 1-2 lily, and cutting a Scorch so you can keep Astros seems pretty hot.

You can also advance advance score tutor with an installed Breaking News.

1 Like

Lily takes a Click to tutor though.

It does take a click, that’s why the Breaking News had to be installed first. So then you go advance, advance (score-no click), tutor.

1 Like

Yeah, remember, you’re Haarp, starting your turn with a naked Breaking News doesn’t mean they didn’t run it.

1 Like

There are other high value plays competing for that click, though. I’ve killed a lot of runners with advance-advance-BN-Scorched (or if you’ve got an astro token, trade an advance for another meat damage card) & it’s often an opportunity to trash a key resource (Kati, Film Critic) that disrupts our game plan. So while it’s possible, just seems it would rarely be the best available play.

Now that salem’s hospitality is about to release in a few days do you think that the butcher archetype will be viable? any initial draft? I really like this card :stuck_out_tongue:

I think with Employee Strike being fairly widely played anyway, trying to bring back Haarp now is not going to go well. Maybe it could work in another ID (probably NEH or Sol) though - Salem’s certainly seems like a card that’s worth testing.

1 Like

My thought on salem’s is that as long as you have the cash, its never a bad play, especially at higher levels of play where you can see parts of a player’s deck, and know what common archetype it is, and call out cards from it. Seems very good, and even better in a kill deck.

You’re right, it would be better in NEH because everyone is packing one or two employee strike… I would test it :slight_smile:

A NEH (or Harischandra) asset/kill hybrid deck could play hospitality from the deck with MCH. Which sounds pretty unpleasant.

Astro x 3 = 3
MCH x 3 = 3
Traffic x3 = 3
Scorched x 2 = 8

You might even not need Traffic Accident when you can Hospitality twice and Scorch once.

Plus if they see your hand even once, any unrezzed asset now has the potential to clear out your 3 best cards on the corps turn.

2 Likes

I don’t expect Haarp Shop is ever going to be quite as good as it once was, but I’ve been having some surprising success (and a ton of fun) with this list:

The Big Short

Haarpsichord Studios: Entertainment Unleashed (Old Hollywood)

Agenda (19)

Asset (7)

Operation (20)

Sentry (3)

12 influence spent (max 15-3☆=12, available 0)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to 23 Seconds

Stock Buy-Back gives you reach into the late game when you can’t get the runner to let you have lots of Profiteerings, as between the X/1 agendas and the News Teams, you can often turn it into 15+ credits. Of course, it doesn’t play nicely with Hard-Hitting News, but having both HHN and Midseasons gives you outs against both rich decks (for whom it’s cheaper to clear HHN tags than it is for you to land them) and poor.

Definitely looking forward to getting BOOM!