Hayley Kaplan: Click Decompression

Yeah agreed. Since we don’t use any multi-access you get value off of dirty laundry at every stage of the game, and 3 cred without costing a click is just as good as 5 creds profit anyways.

does having 1 pancha mean some ice configurations are problematic?

1 Like

@Calimsha proposed a list on r4g, he plays now with -1 saccon, -1 sharpshooter, -1 zu, +1 gordian, +1 deus X, +1 smc, +1 atman (46 cards).

I play @kiv 's list with Calimsha’s modification, but with only 1 atman and +1 pancha (46 cards aswell). So I have a ratio of panchatantra x2 / “panchable pgm” x3.

Others there put TTW or things like that.

I was highly doubtfull about this deck in the begining. It’s hard to pilot, have good to awfull starts,
terribly unforgiving but terribly rewarding at the same time and immensely fun.

As I said there I think it’s a deck that can make progress midrange players like me.

1 Like

how does it deal with stacked tour guides? I honestly cannot see how.

In phase 1, you won’t see many of those, so Pancha / Sharp I guess. Phase 2 /3 you’re rich so Atman 0 is only what you need +1/2 Sharp or Deus X :slight_smile:
(you can also bruteforce pancha reinstalls through CCs / Hayley, crashing cars or not for the luck, each time getting credits for throwing things with tech tradders : you end running wining credits :)).

you’d think so. turns out with nearly infinite clone chips and nearly infinite money nothing is all that problematic.

1 Like

Do any of you who took out the SacCon miss it in the Fastro matchup?

Is there a fastro matchup?

2 Likes

Not after the 18th. RIP in pepperonis Fastrobiotics.

3 Likes

MWL is only active from August 1st, that leaves the SSCI and a regionals still pre-MWL for me. So the question still stands :slight_smile:
Edit: realized Astro limit is in FAQ, so it’s only relevant for the SSCI now.

I think sac-con It goes a long way towards locking down the end-game vs any FA deck. To me it’s a big part of the “god mode” the deck goes into :smiley: It’s plausible it could be dropped though if the slightly worse god mode is an acceptable loss for the slightly faster setup time another slot can give.

Also saccon it helps tremendously vs CI since it makes their combo much more expensive and card intensive. It’s still not impossible, but double clot + saccon is really tough and requires tons of credits because of Biotic and 2x CVS. This lets you put pressure on them through spy cam + HQ runs once you’re set up without worrying as much about suddenly losing. We have no multi-access and a low access early game, so can’t rely on the standard strat of run a lot then stop and set up for a big glory run turn. With Museum spam going the wayside CI might get pretty popular since degens gonna degen.

2 Likes

I’ve found Kiv’s deck to be extremely strong. Lots of cool spots to pilot well, but even with some mistakes you can usually pull into “god-mode” and win anyways.

I’ve been running -1 zu +1 gordian which seems marginally better since stacked codegates create issues for remote lock with zu, and -1 sharp shooter +1 deus X which is only a bit more expensive (usually 1 cred more, but curtain wall is cheaper with deus) but gives a bit more versatility (don’t need pancha for APs and allows you to prevent jinteki stuff like snare, ronin, junebug).

With the new MWL I’ve been leaning towards dropping saccon in favor of more acceleration/econ. I still think clot is necessary since we don’t have HQ pressure, but saccon is usually over-kill since we can lock them out of CVS by running all upgrades.

I’ve been experimenting with hyper-driver as a nice combo of acceleration/draw/econ as an upgrade on using dirty laundry for econ. So -2 DL, -1 Saccon +3 hyperdriver. The idea is that it’s only marginally worse econ early game (and more flexible), extremely useful mid-game right when every click starts being worth massive econ or on levy turns to let you dig to recover stuff, and a useful out late game when you have to deal with asset spam or caprice/ash without polop. It also adds as weak HQ pressure in some situations and puts creds on tech writer adding a bit more value. Also once you have spy cams out, it lets you stomach the click intensive nature of using them to hunt for missing combo pieces. Bit awkward occasionally with memory, but clone chip generally makes things work out fine. It seems pretty strong in limited testing.

Anyways, great deck Kiv, thanks for sharing it!

2 Likes

Quick cuestión…how do you pay vs Targeted Marketing " Spy Camera"?

I would immediately install all 6 in one click giving the corp 60$. It is too funny to pass on it!

6 Likes

If you’re on Freedom you can play that just before you combo

Jeez, forgot that. One more reason to stick to that…

1 Like

The Deus X definitely saved you when you ran and hit the Snare in HQ (I believe) in our game. Definitely a good change in the new meta.

I think so! I also used it to prevent net from stealing a fetal AI vs someone. Felt good. I definitely think the tiny bit higher cost is mitigated by this kind of versatility.

I just won a small GNK with Kiv’s list. It went undefeated, but I don’t think I piloted the best. I guess that is a good indication of its power level! It did feel quite slow in a tournament setting, though that could be my inexperience with the deck.

The first pass through the deck, barring a good draw was usually quite inefficient,- clicking for credits and cards a lot, and not set up enough to run more than a couple of times. The second and third times through the deck are like playing in God model to be fair. But by that stage a reasonable amount of time has passed. Even watching Kiv’s vids it seems most games are won with the corp at less than 20 cards remaining in R&D. A lot of games get to the point where the corp knows it has no outs and both players are just waiting for the last agenda to pop up on the spy cameras. Actually I wonder if the reason games are going long is that the corp player hasn’t realised that there is no way out and is spending too long fruitlessly trying to think of one? Is there any advice for speeding things up?

A couple of notes from the games I played. I played a Hard Hitting News, EoI, Sync deck in the last match. I felt really forked in the early game between Breaking News and HHN. Dirty Laundry felt like a bad money card that game. Luckily my opponent sat on his installed BN too long, waiting for me to steal something big first before exchanging it (which I didn’t do because I didn’t run in fear of HHN), and I managed to limp into God mode.

The second round match up was against a Sangburg Palana. Multiple stacked AP sentries really made me wish for a Deus X! That game went on so long that after I popped a Tech Writer for 28 credits, my opponent conceded so we could get the second game in, having forgotten we had already played that half of the matchup!

My first match up went to time when my Corp deck refused to show me any agendas. The runner deck again crushed it, but again wasn’t the fastest.

Also, use click trackers! between installing 9 cards for one click, plus all the paid ability triggers during a run it gets really easy to forget what click is which!

1 Like

I’ve been using Deus X in my variant, and I do like it.

I’m not 100% sold on Dirty Laundry. I like that it is a low-cost money card, but there are some situations where it is better off not played.

I added a 2nd SMC, but I’m not sold on it. I like it for the first pass of the deck, and as a better threat to maintain Clot-lock through Levy, but it is often a dead card otherwise. I played against several bad-pub decks, so it was probably overpowered for my testing.

I have also experienced opponents conceding in frustration, but he or she tried to blame me for ‘playing too slow.’ I will admit that the combo does cycle a lot of cards on 1 click (I installed 6 spy cams and 3 CC immediately after a Levy), but this particular opponent had 5 ICE on R&D, 4 on HQ, and no scoring remote. I never spied an agenda on R&D, so I didn’t run it; he never threatened to FA, so I didn’t pressure HQ. But that’s what opponents on Jinteki are like sometimes.

As far as the slow start goes, I agree with that sentiment. It can be slow and difficult to start, and there is limited pressure on rush strategies. I have been focusing on establishing my combo and getting set up to block FA, camp the remote, and snipe R&D as quickly as possible. My fastest was set up by turn 4, my slowest turn 9. The turn 9 game was painful, and I eventually lost when I had to Levy and my opponent scored on FA (I could have won if I had SMC).

Another issue is getting the ready to spam all of the hardware out, but not having a Tech Writer to charge up, or any Tech Traders to pay out on the hardware.

Overall I like the deck, but I need to learn some of the match ups better to really do well with it.