as I mentioned in several other topics already, I have just started playing Netrunner but I have a lot of experience with CCGs in general and ONR as well (it was a long time ago though).
We have a Regional coming up in less than 2 weeks, and I might try to attend.Given my style, I have been attracted to Fast Advance CI decks. I know, I know, this may be a bit ambitiuous for a newbie, but well…
First things first: do you think this is a reasonable choice in the meta ?
Then, I will start with those 2 decks for reference :
Are those decks good (as far as CI decks go) ? What are their fundamental differences ? Do some of the newest cards (from TD for instance) fit into/improve the decks?
I Have been looking at them and tried to play the 2nd one a bit but I sometimes fail to see the best lines of play and I am pretty sure I don’t get all the combo I should be doing. Hence, could someone please point me the different combos or things I should do with those decks (or point me to explanations already done by other people).
The way I understand the 2nd one :
- you cannot score 7pts in one turn, but you advance agendas from hand, preferably starting with Eff Comm
- Biotic Labor + Project Vitruvius (PV)
- Once Eff Comm is scored, you can score PV from hand
- the main combo is to (i) install agenda (ii) play Hasty Relocation (HR) putting 2 Shipment from San San (SSS) and 1 reclamation orders (RO) from HQ on top of R&D, (iii) then play Accelerated Diag (AD) to put 4 counters on agenda and get SSS back thanks to RO
- are there other shenanigans I should be aware of ? Once Eff Comm has been scored, I guess other agendas are much easier to score.
- however, you basically need a 5 card combo to score your first Eff Comm (1 Eff Comm, 1 HR, 2 SSS and 1 RO), it seems a bit unreliable, above all if the runner puts a bit of pressure on you. I guess the idea is to mulligan for econ and draw operations, draw cards and gain credits, put 1 cheap ice in front of both HQ and R&D and then wait for the combo, right ?
I have less experience with the 1st one, and it seems more obscure to me :
- I guess the main interaction is between Advanced Assembly Lines (AAL), Lakshmi, Mushin and Shipment from MirrorMorph (SMM)
- the idea seems to be to score 2 agendas in a few turns, playing a Lakshmi and then Mushin a Vanity or Global food with another one in handand then install multiple assets thanks to SMM to get counters on Laskshmi, and rez everything during runner’s turn.
Anything else ?