Hollywood rehab

Hi all,

I’ve started playing recently with a few friends (4 of us), I started out playing some weyland but didn’t really click with them all that much. Then I read about harmony medtech and for some reason really liked the idea of only having to score 2 agendas!

I’ve stuck with this deck for a few weeks now and quite enjoy playing it. It runs lots of taxing end the run ice and big asset economy along with psi games. The idea is to score out one agenda relatively early behind a mix of end the run code gates and barriers then later build up one hugely taxing remote to score the second agenda behind.

I recently added in Komainu and haven’t had a chance to use it yet. I think it will combine very nicely with mental health clinic, as the runner will most likely have lots of cards in hand.

Also haven’t run with reversed accounts yet, but i feel this will help create scoring windows late game as I plan to put it in my scoring remote that typically costs a lot to get through, and seeing as it could be the winning agenda the runner will have to run it. If they don’t well then I can drain credits and put the winning agenda in next turn, in theory :slight_smile:

Anyway, i realise this is probably far from tournament worthy but i have fun playing it!

Oh I decided on the deck name because it’s a medical centre after all but it will drain all your money and assets to get in there. You’ll probably be in and out several times as well and find nothing of benefit or even a nasty surprise.

I’d like to run 2 encryption protocols too, but don’t know what i would cut out!

hollywood rehab

Harmony Medtech: Biomedical Pioneer (Honor and Profit)

Agenda (6)

Asset (15)

Upgrade (2)

Operation (3)

Barrier (7)

Code Gate (6)

Sentry (5)

• 2x Komainu (Honor and Profit)
  • 3x Pup (Honor and Profit)

12 influence spent (max 12)
18 agenda points (between 18 and 19)
44 cards (min 40)
Cards up to Up and Over

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

1 Like

I like the name of the deck. I am also a big fan of Harmony Medtech in general; always glad to see it getting play in any degree. One thing I must say glancing at this list: with the addition of Komainu, you may find your economy light. It is dangerous to rely too much on asset economy. Imp trashes them for free, and many Runners will have plenty of money to hard-trash them. Without your assets, you are left with only 3 Hedge Fund. Most of your ICE is cheap, but those 2 Tollbooths and 2 Komainus may be problematic sometimes. You do have Pop-Up to help, but I would consider fitting in 3 Celebrity Gift. You don’t have too much to hide in this deck, so there isn’t much to lose. There is nothing wrong with showing Agendas in hand; ideally, you have 1 or 2 ICE on HQ, and they have a 1/5 chance of snatching something anyway.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, that is certainly something to consider. My brother plays whizzard, but i havent tried this incarnation of the deck against him yet… I’m a bit scared to because i know the asset economy will fall way too cheaply.

Originally I had a couple of other cheap ice instead of the komainus, but yeah, putting in a couple more operation econ cards would make it a bit more solid. I might try it with -2 komainu +2 celebrity gift to start with, and could look at removing 1 reversed accounts or 1 snare. Celebrity gift fits the deck name too :smile:

actually, do you think it would be worth juggling the other ice to include a sentry other than pup?

At the moment, there is nothing there that makes the runner want to put down a sentry breaker. Not sure if that’s an issue or not though. Perhaps just playing agaist jinteki is enough to warrant putting a sentry breaker down before face checking ice…

perhaps 1 pup for a Susanoo-No-Mikoto? although might be too expensive. Hmm guess I’ll just have to play the deck more and mess around with it!

1 Like

Keep the Komainus, ditch the PADs for Giraffes. If you really want Encryption Protocol, the Pop-ups are the most obvious cut… but I wouldn’t bother. They just make your deck more porous and don’t really help your primary game plan all that much.

I hate to be that guy in the thread, but I think the score to 3/5s has been fairly well tested and, sadly, it is weaker than the score 3/2s from hand type of medtech.

I had a variant running sansan city, 3 medical break through, 3 braintrust, clone retirement that was super fast and a real nightmare to beat as anarch, tough as criminal, slightly weak to shaper though.

Scoring from the table is very tough these days without true glacier ice and upgrades…Just some food for thought.

1 Like

I’ve found the 5/3 can be difficult as well, especially if you get a slow start trying to 5 credits to advance the agenda plus whatever else to rez ice to defend it can be hard…

Last night I played a game where i had a few ice on a remote, then chucked reversed accounts in there and advanced twice. The runner ran it, bounced off a tollbooth, used same old thing to get back an inside job. Hit the 2 ice after the tollbooth draining most of their credits and trashing the reversed accounts. Sadly I didnt have enough credits left to actually install and score a 5 cost agenda.

Don’t know if I’d want to play fast advance med tech, might as well just play NBN or HB. But then I’m stuck as you say, with basically a glacier deck that other factions can do better…