How to Optimize (PE)

I take your point. But I think that often sweeps week isn’t enough better for 2 influence. If I’m playing Sure Gamble vs PE I’ve likely already lost though. Right?

I’ve also had some limited success with diversified portfolio. Both are conditional econ operations that you don’t want as much as hedge fund. Subliminal Messaging is probably worth trying again. At least you can play it for 1 bonus credit when you draw it, and if it goes round again then it starts to look pretty good.

I think Diversified is worse than Subliminal, as it’s usually correct to check Jinteki remotes. Hinkes likes it because “he never remembers to bring back subliminal messaging” :stuck_out_tongue:

With regard to the influence, I think your best places to spend it are Jackson, Eli, Sweeps, Overwriter, Scorched, Pop-up, and Archived Memories. I actually like cutting the Scorched, as most people will play around it/install plascrete anyway, and the 4 inf saved leaves you with plenty for all kinds of other things. I don’t like going below 2 Overwriter because as soon as people catch on, they can run your mushins if there are 1-2 Overwriter in archives. My influence right now is 3 Eli 1 Popup 2 sweeps 3 Jackson 2 Overwriter.

But is it right to trash installed Snares and Psychic Fields, for instance? So they can be brought back? If not, Diversified turns them into money.

I don’t really like Diversified either, but for another reason - it’s a card that won’t help you salvage a game when you most need it. When you’re having an average game, it can kick you into overdrive though.