Imaginary Cards

Honeypot Programme
WEYLAND Agenda
4adv
2pts
You are Tagged. This ability is active only in the Runners score area.
(Click): Shuffle ~ into R&D. Only the Runner can activate this ability, and only if it’s in the Runners score area.

5 Likes

Catfish
Weyland
Asset, Ambush
Inf 3, Rez 0, 0 trash
Catfish may be advanced
If the runner accesses Catfish while it is installed, the Corporation may add it to their score area as an agenda worth 0 points, then place agenda counters on it equal to the number of advancement counters on Catfish when it was accessed.
hosted agenda counter: Search R&D for a card, reveal it, and add it to HQ.

This gives Weyland an advanceable trap, finally. It also duplicates the Project Atlas ability, because that agenda will disappear from the game in rotation, and it’s a fairly powerful ability that the runner would really rather not happen, which hopefully makes the trap meaningful. Finally, it adds as an agenda to the score area, which can trigger agenda-sacrifice abilities, such as Archer, or even Exchange of Information shenanigans.

Double Jeopardy
Weyland, Agenda
5/3
When Double Jeopardy is scored, place 2 agenda counters on it.
hosted agenda counter: Force the runner to encounter a piece of ice they just passed. Use this ability only during a run, and only once per run.
“Who says we can’t charge them twice?”

Fun with Archer or other big-painful-ice shenanigans. 2 agenda counters seems to be the going rate for Weyland agendas like this (High-Risk Investment, Geothermal Fracking) and it benefits from being in Titan Transnational. Also, this effect exists in Weyland already, in the form of The Twins (though I believe this is more powerful, as befits a 5/3 agenda), so it fits into their design space.

8 Likes

Food riot
Anarch, Event Double, 2c, inf 3
(Double text)
Play only if you made a successful run on a remote server this turn.
Choose an installed facedown card in a server. The corp may rez it. If the corp don’t want or can’t rez it, the corp trash it and make a run on archives.

2 Likes

Kind of like the flavor, but isn’t it insta-trash of advanced agendas ?

Yes, for 3 clicks against horizontal decks :slight_smile:
Against glaciers this card is, well, not this good (expect against Ash glaciers).

Included archive run avoid Blackmail combo (but don’t avoid DDoS combo : corp facing Anarch should have a reason to double or triple ice archives anyway, and this is one).

If it exposes the agenda, there’d be counterplay. Also, you’re talking about the faction that has blackmail as an adopted card. Let’s just make over powered cards, then everything will be ok!

Psychic Attack!

0 cost neutral event.

Play only as your last click

Trash an installed Corp card (3 cards) , 1 card from HQ (half rounded up) and the top 2 cards from R&D (top 5). The Corp can choose for you to secretly spend and reveal up to 2 credits and the Corp guesses how many you spent. If the Corp guesses differently, do the parenthetical text instead, otherwise take 2 brain damage.

So the Corp can take a psi game to potentially dishes the damage, but it is NOT a psi game in their favor, much like rigged results. Still no inf on this card though haha.

You need to rewrite this as runner psi like on Rigged result & “the corp trash stuff” so they choose which stuff. I’m confused by your wording, if the corp choose for your ammount and theirs, then you always take 2 brains :slight_smile:

Rigged Result is “Secretly spend up to 2. The Corp guesses how much you spent. Reveal spent credits. If the Corp guessed incorrectly, make a run and choose a piece of ice protecting the attacked server. Bypass that ice when you encounter it.”

This is a quite OP card, a lost psi still makes you trash 4 cards. This is an ability you can compare to a double shard.

It’s supposed to be like rigged results, if the Corp decides they want to gamble, they can make the runner take 2 brain damage OR the parenthetical text, depending on the psi results. I might have written it in favor of the Corp the first time though.

The runner trashes no cards if the Corp wins the game, just takes 2 brain damage.

Pretty sure this is OP, but I’ve always wondered what the bigger brother of Enigma and Quandary would look like.

Paradox
Neutral Ice - Codegate
Rez: 5 • Str: 4 • Inf: 0

When the Runner encounters Paradox, the Runner must lose click if able.

-> The runner loses click, if able.
-> End the run.

Its talents were better spent elsewhere than the third subroutine.

edit: Str, because I’m easily distracted.

3 Likes

Near broken with heinlein grid

It’d be a good step up from Enigma if not for that. As it stands, you could run last click to get in and trash Heinlein Grid. It’s a pain, especially with a Snare or Prisec on the server, but it’s far from the only situation where the corp can leave the runner with only bad choices.

Maybe it’d be good with a choice, like Data Raven. Tag or click loss? Credits or click loss?

I’d rephrase it as “When the runner encounters Paradox, they must lose a click or end the run.” Otherwise it suffers the same “run on click 4” fate that Enigma does where part of its abilities are ignored.

Also, probably make it S4. Follows with the +2 Str boost from Quandary to Enigma, also makes it not ignorable by Yog.0.

Str 4. Major oversight on my end, definitely needs to be the same strength boost. Even thought of that beforehand, just forgot it for some reason.

Maybe make it unique/mythic to depower slightly and avoid stacking multiples.

So a neutral Lotus Field with one undodgeable click loss if you want to get through? Seems a bit strong, even if you can yogsuck or parasite it. It might need to go up another cred or two in rez cost to account for the Heinlein interaction if you can’t just run last click.

Totally, completely.

So I had an idea thanks to the new card in flashpoint that lets the runner hijack a mech (Interdiction). So with that in mind, clearly the Corp needs a super bad ass thing to be an incredible asset. Such an asset wouldn’t just be trashed by the runner, it would be stolen for the runner’s personal use. Then, the runner would be SEA Sourced, tagged, then obliterated if they over used it.

I present to you.

Weyland Asset
3 rez 10 trash 5 inf

The Corp gains 2 clicks during it’s turn. These clicks cannot be used to advance cards if any other actions have been taken this turn.
3 Clicks: Do 1 meat damage.

If the runner accesses this card while it is installed and rezzed, the runner may pay credits equal to its trash cost to add it as a piece of hardware with the text "when the runners turn begins, this card gains a power counter and is trashed when it has 3 power counters on it. When this card is trashed do 10 meat damage (unpreventable)

You have 3 additional clicks to spend each turn.
Click, Click, Click: Gain 5 credits and draw 2 cards.
Click, Click, Click, Click: Gain 7 credits and draw up to 5 cards. Remove this card from the game.

Clearly, this is every idea I had in this short amount of time since typing up that response that would be cool to me. It would easily require an extra card for all the text (which would be cool if the art was super badass). But the theme of the runner being able to get a bonus for paying money to trash a card in the form of extra clicks seems cool, and the card for the Corp is an enabler for Weyland to do all sorts of cool things.

Never advancing a 5/3 agenda would be fantastic. Weyland needs more spike cards for sure, but if they got Timmy/Johnny cards like this…mmmmmm

2 Likes

Pass Without Trace
Resource — Virtual — Directive
Adam — 3 influence — 0c
You are never considered tagged, regardless of how many tags you have.
When your turn ends, trash a card from your grip for each tag you have.

Thematically, Adam’s internal resources are going towards keeping him from being tracked, which results in the loss of other functions, represented here by the cards in his grip. Not sure if this is strong enough to be worthwhile, but the idea occurred to me. It is maybe too narrow for a directive. I like that it can combo with Joshua B but removes the potential for DLR abuse.

Another idea to make use of Adam’s frequent surplus MU:

Globalsec Leech
Program — Link
2c — 1MU
Adam — 3 influence
+1 Link for each unused MU.

1 Like

Blister - 0
Anarch Program - Virus - ••
Whenever the corp creates a new server, you gain 1c unless the corp pays 1c.
Trash Blister if the corp purges virus counters.
“Tip of the trade. Skinny jeans and marathon coding sessions don’t ever mix.” - Noise

3 Likes

I felt like making IDs! Here we go, one per faction.

Haas Bioroid : The Flesh Is Weak

Picture: typical corporation power shot, card POV is looking down a long table with suits on either side. The figure at the end of the table, in the “big boss” position, is a bioroid. In particular, it looks like a bioroid version of Thomas Haas.

Cards 45
Influence 15

Click : Place an advancement counter on a card installed in or protecting a server.

Concept: HB is phasing humans out of even upper management positions. It inches ever closer to a fully artificial corporation. If Corporations are people, HB is a cyborg.

Quote: Everyone is replaceable.

Gameplay: As far as HB identities go, I don’t think there’s a way to beat ETF for making money. 1 a turn is about as good as it gets. This ID should make you ~12 creds over the course of a game if you are just using it for advancement of agendas, and could net you a lot more if you built a deck around advancing. I don’t think it is as good as etf, but I don’t think I can bring myself to make something better than that. This card is obviously much better than BWBI, but I don’t really care, nobody plays that. You’d have to import most of the ice you wanted to use it on anyway.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Jinteki: Imperfect Replication

Picture: A line of bosses, who are all clones of the same person. Same outfit, same posture. But as the line goes along the clones get sloppier, acne, white eye, bald patches, etc.

Cards: 45
Influence: 15

You may install an additional asset or agenda in a server already containing an asset or agenda.The runner may jack out after accessing an asset or agenda installed in a remote server.

Concept: This is Jinteki ditching its artistic pretensions and just mass producing capable people to get a leg up. Lots of quick and dirty copies, just good enough to get by.

Quote: Close enough for corporate work.

Gameplay: With upgrades no longer protecting our servers I thought it might be interesting to make an id that tried to do it with ambushes, etc. Shell games within shell games. Is that 2 agendas? An agenda and an ambush? 2 ambushes? There would be assets/agendas to go with this theme, blocking your ability to end the run, making you end the run, etc.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

NBN: We Are Watching (Over) You

Picture: A runner is looking into her screen, on which she sees an over the shoulder shot of herself looking into the screen, and so on.

Cards: 40
Influlence: 12

When you begin your turn, if the runner is tagged, gain 1 click

Concept: This is basically the Monitor concept, from Leigh Alexander’s book. NBN has spun off a division that stalks runners and makes its bread off of exposing their lives to the scorn of the populace. They are more productive/powerful when they can prove that a runner is active.

Quote: Ten Cool Tricks That You Can’t Believe Runners Will …

Gameplay: Just bringing some Fast Advance back into Yellow. CtM makes putting tags down easy. SYNC makes getting rid of them hard. WAW(O)Y makes keeping them unbearable.

Weyland: Military Partnership

Picture: A suit shaking hands with a general.

Influence: 17

Any time you deal meat damage to the runner you may draw cards equal to the amount of meat damage that you do.

Concept: Weyland is working for/with the gov to deal with the runner problem. Any time they can show results their sponsors reward them.

Quote: Have you tried killing them?

Gameplay: They have tried for a while now to make drip meat damage a thing. I think you can’t really go too far making it worse for the runner, but I don’t think we’ve really explored the design space of making it better for the corp. As a kill corp you can try the kill with just one scorch, hoping to draw the other. All of the “don’t do enough meat damage to kill” cards,that don’t usually get played, become more interesting as well.

Anarch: Ye Pengfei, Conspiracy Theorist

Picture: Scrawny guy, surrounded by takeout and such, bug eyes, glasses.

Once per turn, when you access a piece of ice, you may trash it by paying its rez cost

Concept: This is someone who really hates the concept of ice, who thinks that everyone should be able to get into every server. He probably worked for the corps before, and now he works them over.

Quote: Information wants to be free!

Gameplay: I’m going back to the 'Anarch Ice Hate" well. Reina makes it hard to rez. Null breaks it once installed. Alternately, Pengfei is another trip to the Kim/Whizzard well, a runner who trashes things. I made it once per turn, and made him pay the rez cost, because ice destruction gets out of hand fast. I think he’d be strong, but probably not as strong as the best existing anarchs.

Criminal: Yolanda Angus : Street Hoodlum

Image: A woman in gang attire flashing a sign to the card, rings on every finger and a “F*ck the Corps” tee shirt.

Cards: 40

Whenever you steal an Agenda, gain 5 credits.

Concept: This is a thief in the style of the modern Joker, just an obvious threat to society. She steals what she can and blows it on a lavish lifestyle. The sort of criminal that Gabe looks down on, she lives for the next big score, whereas he takes a little every time he hits HQ.

Quote: If crime doesn’t pay, then why am I rich?

Gameplay: Sort of a big-inning, Leela type runner. Any hits she gets give her the juice to run again. She wants to get on top in the early game and hammer the corp into submission. Breaking into a server is meant to pay to break into the next, and so on.

Shaper: Debra Onaris, Defiant Patient

Picture: Debra is in a hospital bed, shaved head, IV. Her eyes are closed, but she is jacked in through a temple jack.

Influence: 10

The first time you successfully run R&D each turn, draw a card.

Concept: Debra is dying of an exotic disease, and she is certain that the Corps are covering up information which might lead to a cure. She searches furiously for the key that she needs to live.

Quote: I will not go gently. I won’t go at all!

Gameplay: Sort of a runner Gabe. She gets benefit from doing what Shapers want to do in the first place, run R&D. I turned her influence down because running R&D is better than running HQ, in general, and because I want her to feel like kind of the Shaper’s shaper.

Independent: Hoarace Whateley-Frost : Ristie Dabbler

Image: Hoarace is dressed in a dapper suit, leaning on the door of his hopper-limo equivalent. There is a hint of smugness to his expression

Influence: 25

Set aside 5 cards from your deck before the game begins.

4 clicks: Install or play a card that you have set aside, ignoring all costs.

Concept: This is a rich guy who read about runners and thinks it would be cool to do. He’s trying to be “authentic” as much as he can, but if he needs to he’ll fall back on his wealth to get by any hurdles he encounters.

Quote: Poor people can do it. How hard can it be?

Gameplay: This guy is basically a big rig right out of the box. You can spend the first couple rounds installing, and have your whole setup complete. Later on you can use any silver bullets that you’ve slotted. A powerful ability, but I’m not sure it makes up for him being an independent runner.

3 Likes

I like the ambition, but if you’re going to post 10+ cards you really need to add some formatting for readability. Try bolding the names and adding dividing lines (3 dashes) between them.

1 Like