Imaginary Cards

Pointless rules questions on an imaginary card:

Would Black Wall gain the subs if the runner cred pool dipped lower than the corp’s as a result of breaking blackwall?

Edit for clarification: Specifically, would the runner have to break those extra subs during the encounter?

1 Like

As soon as the runner dips below, the ICE gains both the strength and the subroutines. In this case, it would happen during step 3.1 of the run timing structure (paid abilities window). Any unbroken subroutines, including those new ones, will resolve in step 3.2.

In short: Yes, and yes. Unless I’m misunderstanding timing. It’s happened.

You could make it an “On encounter” ability like Komainu

How about this, eh?

Weyland current.
2 credits 3 inf

Current stuff.

All ice loses each ->End the run subroutine and gains ->Do 1 meat damage for each subroutine lost in this way.

4 Likes

I was thinking to myself, gah I’m not sure this would have a big impact on many games.

Then I remembered that asset spam and tour guide exist.

Just to make sure we’re parsing that right is that a number of “->Do 1 meat damage” subroutines equal to the number of ETR subroutines lost, or a single subroutine that potentially does multiple points of meat damage?

EDIT: And if the former, as I suspect, why try to keep those assets in play when you have Hive? And possibly a good place to import Marker and/or Sensei?

It gains multiple subs.

Spiderweb becomes nasty, Hive becomes frightening, right? I didn’t think about Tour Guide, but ooooof, that’ll make parasite see even more play.

Automated Stock Picker
Agenda Weyland
3/2
All operations gain transaction.

Maxwell Anderson
Weyland Asset: Executive
2 influence
Rez: 1
Trash: 4
Whenever you play a transaction operation, draw 1 card.

With all the transactions being printed, I’ve been wondering if BABW could be coming back in a big way.

3 Likes

Wow Maxwell is strong enough to actually make it into decks, which is a good thing.

2 Likes

Yeah, green level clearance on all green cards. Good. It should be a may clause though, or more interestingly, be able series itself? There are times you wouldn’t want to draw, and it would have interesting interactions with Hacktivist Meeting and Surat City Grid.

I know @cmcadvanced mentioned something along these lines a while back, but I think an interesting spin on the idea might be to make use of the Flashpoint Cycle’s slight focus on staying in-faction.

●The Yermak Club - 2c
Resource: Location - Seedy - Virtual
Reduce the cost to use in-faction icebreaker abilities by 1c (to a minimum of 1c).
"The patrons here are very territorial, but if you can prove you belong with their crowd, they can help you turn the sloppiest breaker into a thing of elegance."
Neutral ●○○○○

2 Likes

Would absolutely run this in a Sage deck rather than E3

Also makes Dai V and Blackstone way better…

1 Like

Haters gonna hate
Anarch ressource - Virtual
1c - inf 2 - unique

When the first installed runner card is trashed this turn, you may remove it from the game instead and gain 3c.

Never give you up, never let you down - Noise

2 Likes

And mongoose and femme

On second thought, that should probably be a high-influence Criminal card. They need the most help, and looking at what it does for Shaper and Sunny… could be a bit much.

1 Like

Let’s look at the power levels here, because now I’m really thinking about this.

From playable to amazing/too good:

• All GS (Sunny) breakers - huge win here, letting Sunny bounce back from setup and still threaten
  • Study Guide - goodbye Gordian Blade, forever (except in Andy)
  • Inti - already typically the best anti-NBN fracter, now shaper never splashes for fracters.
  • Blackstone and Dai V - stealth doesn’t need to be better

From unplayable to playable:

• Creeper and Pipeline - extremely solid options, but Mongoose, Shrike, etc are still better
  • Ankusa - this would be a deck to watch out for
  • Battering Ram - but really why would you when Inti is around and you can bring one Ankusa

Maybe still not that good or just hard to play with:

• Sage - still need massive MU
  • Brahman, Sadyojata - requires support programs

So overall I think Sunny gets near-broken, and is totally broken out of faction (maybe her breakers go up to 4 inf). Shaper gets some buffs but nothing completely earth-shattering, and they are still having to run sub-par breakers until the resource comes out (which is not very tutorable).

EDIT: I didn’t see the in-faction part. You know what, I think I am fine with this card, just make it 2 inf and/or one per deck or something.

1 Like

Looking at crim breakers

Killers: Mongoose goes from decent to good. Golden goes from mediocre to amazing, Femme goes from good to even better. Alias becomes a decent central breaker, but doesn’t match up to the other 3. Garrotte is unchanged, ninja is basically a worse golden.

Fracters: Aurora goes from terrible to better than corroder, Breach becomes a more efficient aurora but only for centrals.

Decoders: Rex is unchanged, Leviathan goes from the worst to mediocre. Passport is the same as the rest of the central breakers, pretty good. Peacock becomes actually pretty decent.

AI/other: Vamadeva is unchanged, Gingerbread gets slightly more efficient with high-strength tracers (still terrible).

If that card ever came to pass, we might actually see aurora get played in criminal decks.

1 Like

Shapers

Killers: Creeper and Pipeline become more efficient. Creeper goes from garbage to corroder-level efficiency. So does Pipeline, neither are still fantastic. Dagger is unchanged.

Fracters: Ankusa is still expensive, but it’s now a hell of a lot more terrifying. Battering Ram becomes better, but still has that 2 mu limit. Lady is unchanged, Inti becomes even better than it is. Sage is still garbage because of it’s MU limitations, just slightly less garbage. Snowball is unchanged.

Decoders: Study Guide breaks. There would be no reason to run any other decoder in shaper.

AI: Sadyojata, Omega, Atman, Alpha are unchanged. Brahman becomes slightly more efficient. Dai V becomes incredibly efficient.

Anarch

Killers: Cujo and Mimic are unchanged.

Fracters: BlacKat goes to corroder levels of efficiency, or better in stealth. Still not good, Corroder, Morning star, Nfr unchanged. Paperclip effectively becomes strength 2.

Decoders: Force of Nature gets corroder level efficiency. Yog is unchanged.

AI: Aghora, Eater, Faust unchanged. Darwin gets better at breaking ICE, but still weak to virus purging. Knight gets very efficient. Wyrm is wyrm, and is still terrible as a breaker.