Imaginary Cards

If you want the stealing be of relevance, then maybe:

When the runner steals Tender Offer, place 1 agenda counter on it. The Corp needs one agenda point less to win if there is an agenda counter on Tender Offer. This ability is active while Tender Offer is in the Runner’s score area.

1 Like

Yeah, or simply “When the Runner steals Tender Offer, the Corp add one 1 counter to his score area as an agenda worth 1 agenda point.”.

This transform the thing as a trigger, like on Clone Retirement, which doesn’t need the sentence “This ability is active while Tender Offer is in the Runner’s score area.”

While it is true that the need of “This ability is active while Tender Offer is in the Runner’s score area.” is a bit annoying, there are (so far) no such things as free floating counters worth agenda points in Netrunner. All counters are placed on cards, and everything not put on a card (tags, bad publicity, creds) has it’s own tokens from the Core Set.

Here’s a jinteki barrier. How can a barrier be scary to facecheck? By ending the run even harder?

$4
Ice - barrier
This ice has +3 strength as long as it has a power counter on it.
-> Put a power counter on this ice and end the run.
Strength - 3

An expensive wall of static if the runner never lets it fire, or a cheap asteroid belt if they let it fire one or more times.

2 Likes

Make it an advancement counter and exploratory romp has a chance man!

This barrier is neutral I guess? It’s a sort of anti-wall

Nail - $4
ICE - Barrier
If there is an installed fracter, Nail has “-> End the run” after its other subroutines.
-> End the run unless the runner pays $1.
When all you have is a hammer…
5 strength

1 Like

Reboot
5 cost 4 STR code gate
1 inf

->The Corp removes all cards in HQ from the game.

After the turn in which a subroutine from Reboot resolves, the corp shuffles all cards removed from the game into R&D or HQ.

Neutral asset that is like public support but comes in as a 0 cost agenda that does what improved tracers does.

I don’t want to write this one up, it’s bed time

1 Like

The issue I find with the wording is that it allows you to recycle removed Jacksons, forfeited agendas, and anything removed with Salsette Slums. Maybe changed the wording of the subroutine to “Set aside all cards in HQ face down. At the end of turn, shuffle all cards set aside with Reboot into R&D.”

Golden Gate - $0
ICE - Barrier
-> End the run if there is a rezzed asset installed in this server.
Strength 3

1 Like

I’m going with the Sony line here. It’s not a bug, it’s a design choice. All it does is let you hide stuff in HQ, but this would be a hard sub to let fire. It is exactly as intended. I mean, there’s really no counter to Salsette Slums.

Had an idea for a simple yet multifaceted apex card

Corrosion
●●●○○ (Apex) 1c 1MU
Program
Trash three installed cards: the corp trashes a card installed in or protecting the server currently being run on. Use this ability only during a run.

And since we’re going to Mars why not have a helpful Sunny card :slight_smile:

Pat Lebeau
●○○○○ (Sunny) 2c
Resource - Connection
You cannot use Pat Lebeau more than once each turn.
[Click]; put 1 power counter on Pat Lebeau for each [link] you have.
[Click], X hosted power counters; search your grip and stack for a hardware with an install cost of X and install it ignoring all costs. Shuffle your stack.

5 Likes

Brute Squad
Weyland Operation- Black Ops
Cost: 2
Inf: 3
Play only if the runner is tagged
Do 3 meat damage. You may pay 1 to return Brute Squad to your hand instead of trashing it.
Those corporate simpletons have friends, you know.

I’d like a way to be able to play scorched earth a few times during a match just to hurt the Runner, I’d like a card like this if you could only use it once a turn or something.

Make it a Terminal

2 Likes

I’d say maybe make it a tagless 2-damage priority operation that costs 3 and ALSO protects the runner from meat damage for the turn, otherwise it’d be waaay too easy to lead into a murder with. That and maybe increase the return-to-hand cost to 2?

2 meat damage a turn for 4-5 credits + 1 click a turn. Sounds like a good trade for a filthy-rich Weyland bent on making the runner’s life miserable. Feels sufficiently Weyland-ey too, IMO.

Unavoidable meat damage tax that tears through the stack if the runner foolishly lets Weyland build up enough credits. It’d also be nasty for ending runners that hit a snare or something and clear the tag, finishing the turn with only one card.

1 Like

Yeah in reality we are unlikely to see anything that could act as scorched earth copies 4-6 because it would make it too consistent. The closest thing to what you’re trying to do is Private Security Force.

Ghost Rider - 2
Program - Icebreaker
Apex - ●●
Mem: 1
2c: +1 strength for the remainder of this run.
Whenever you encounter a piece of ice with strength less than or equal to Ghost Rider’s strength, you may trash an installed virtual resource. If you do, bypass that piece of ice.
Str: 0

2 Likes

Finally, a use for Street Magic!

Here’s an AI breaker.

Maniac – 4
Program – AI –Icebreaker
Anarch ••••
STR: 0
Maniac gets +1 STR for each brain damage you have.
1c: break ICE subroutine

2 Likes

This goes so well with an Anarch ID I made a while back.

Wyvern: Stim Addict
ANARCH ID - Cyborg
You have +1 Hand size for each Brain Damage you have.
"When you’ve lost everything, nothing is off-limits."

And his console:

Amplifier
Hardware - Console
+1 MU
Whenever you take any amount of Brain Damage, gain 1$.
“Always exercise caution when using the device. Misuse of the device can lead to… eh, who cares, go nuts.” -Box Label

4 Likes

Weyland Asset

2 Rez - 5 Trash

If you have 1-5 more credits than the runner at the beginning of your turn, trash the top card of the runners stack

If you have 6-10 more credits than the runner at the beginning of your turn, trash the top 2 cards of the runners stack

If you have 11 or more credits than the runner at the beginning of your turn, trash the top 3 cards of the runners stack