Imaginary Cards

Ah, Muckraker that legitimately makes me want to play improved tracers, nice

Rez cost 4 imo.

Trace 1 tag would cost 0.5 x 4 = 2c (don’t forget a link 1 runner would go through this for 0c).
Str 3 would cost 3c.
Type Sentry = -1c.

Mail Bomb
Anarch, Event, 1c, inf 1

The corp lose 1c for each remote server with a card installed in it.

You’ve got a mail!

1 Like

Silly idea I had when reading the Flashpoint thread.

Not sure if this would be best as a agenda or a ID or maybe as a sysop for a server.

Weyland Something
Your barrier ICE has a additional “-> Do X meat damage.” subroutine before all of it’s printed subroutines. X is equal to the number of “End the Run” subroutines the ICE has.

2 Likes

Delicious Hive and Ashigaru.

2 Likes

A couple Weyland thoughts I had.

No Escape
Operation: Black Ops
Cost 3
Play only if the runner removed a tag during his or her last turn.
Give the runner 1 tag, then, if the runner does not have 2 or more tags, lose [click].
Weyland – ●●●●○

Some in-house tagging in a pseudo-double (so it isn’t crazy with AD). If the runner floated a tag (or you had some other way of giving them one without spending a click), you can boom, double scorch, or traffic/scorch. Otherwise, it at most gives you a single scorch. Good with Argus and/or Data Raven, and makes the distinction between tag avoidance and tag removal more important.

Live Fire Test
Operation: Black Ops
Cost 0
As an additional cost to play Live Fire Test, forfeit an agenda.
Play only if the runner is tagged.
Deal meat damage equal to 1 plus the number of agenda points on the forfeited agenda.
Weyland – ●●●○○

Something to play with Weyland’s forfeit-focused Martian cards, and to help leverage 6-and-stall for a kill. Also, it’s something for janky decks that want to score Government Takeover and Vanity Project.

Maybe something like this?

Thorn Industries: Paramount Security
Weyland ID - 45/15
Whenever a barrier subroutine would end the run, you may instead have it do 1 meat damage.
The best defense.

5 Likes

Wow, this is a DEADLY ID. I love it. Spiderweb and Hive become terrifying. This is everything Builder of Nations wanted to be.

1 Like

This plus Ashigaru could actually make Research Station relevant!

I love the ideas for making barriers more of a threat. Especially with the rise of code gates this set they currently seem less and less useful so giving them a buff is nice.

Here is a set of some taxing barriers that keep the barrier theme of ETR and sorta double down on it.

Iceberg
Wayland - Ice - Barrier - 3 Influence
Rez: 4 - Str: 3
→ End the Run
The strength of strength of Iceberg cannot be lowered.
While installed, Iceberg cannot be trashed by runner effects.
Sub-routines on Iceberg can only be broken by icebreakers with the Fracter sub-type.

Glacier
Wayland - Ice - Barrier - 4 Influence
Rez: 6 - Str: 5
→ End the Run
The strength of strength of Glacier cannot be lowered.
While installed, Glacier cannot be trashed by runner effects.
Sub-routines on Glacier can only be broken by icebreakers with the Fracter sub-type.

Ice Age
Wayland - Ice - Barrier - 5 Influence
Rez: 8 - Str: 7
→ End the Run
The strength of strength of Ice Age cannot be lowered.
While installed, Ice Age cannot be trashed by runner effects.
Sub-routines on Ice Age can only be broken by icebreakers with the Fracter sub-type.

I sorta aggressively costed these but put heavy influence requirements on them so they wouldn’t see a ton of splashing out of Weyland. This set should be good at focusing on keeping runners out and forcing them to use actual credits each time they want in. Still falls to derez and bypass but those are so much weaker than ice destruction right now this might balance the mechanics a bit.

I like the strength of those (although I don’t see why you need to hose poor Fracter-less Adam and Apex with the very specific break conditions), but I don’t think the solution is to have more big, hard-to-break barriers, especially ones with a single ETR subroutine. I think what we really need is to have more barriers that punish facechecks. Otherwise you can just run Weyland out of money by forcing them to pay to rez everything if they want to keep you out, buying you time to find your breakers and money.

Some ideas; costs are probably way off. One that plays well with Crisium Grid, but doesn’t cost much if the runner can reliably get through. [EDIT: Reworded to clarify that the damage comes when the run ends]

Heartbreaker
Ice: Barrier
Rez 4 - Str 3
→ Deal 1 meat damage when this run ends if the run is not successful
→ Deal 1 meat damage when this run ends if the run is not successful
→ End the run
"She’ll take your breath away…"
Weyland – ●●○○○

And one that’s closer to some of the code gates we’ve seen; maybe it’s not quite right for a barrier, but we do have Wotan, for example.

Puppeteer
Ice: Barrier
Rez 7 – Str 4
→ Deal 2 meat damage unless the runner trashes one of his or her installed cards
→ End the run unless the runner takes 1 meat damage
→ End the run unless the runner trashes one of his or her installed cards
"Stop hitting yourself."
Weyland – ●●●○○

1 Like

Nice and simple:

Antibody - 1
Jinteki ICE - Code Gate - ●
Antibody’s strength can’t be reduced.
→ Purge virus counters.
Str: 4
"How do you know you’re the best? When they shoot you with personalized bullets." - Noise

5 Likes

Formal Investigation - 2
Event: Current
[current text]
Choose an agenda in either player’s score area. The text box of that agenda is blank.
Neutral - ○○○○○

1 Like

New Mechanic idea: Unity (I’d call it alliance but that is already taken…)

Cards that scale based off of the factions you have rezzed or installed

Possible examples:

Business Conference - Play cost: 1
Operation - Neutral - 0 Inf
Resolve the following in any order.
If you have a Weyland card rezzed, gain 3 Credits.
If you have a NBN card rezzed, draw 2 cards.
If you have a Haas-Bioroid card rezzed, you may install 1 card from HQ (paying its install cost)
If you have a Jinteki Card rezzed, you may rearrange up to 3 pieces of ice from any servers

Canvas - Rez: 7
Ice - Code Gate - Str: 5
Neutral - 0 Inf
==>If the corp has a Jinteki card rezzed, do 3 net damage
==>If the corp has a NBN card rezzed, give the runner 2 tags
==>If the corp has a Haas-Bioroid card rezzed, Trash 1 Program
==>If the corp has a Weyland card rezzed, End the Run

Commerce Market - Rez: 3
Asset - Trash 2 - Neutral - 0 Inf
the trash cost of Commerce Market is increased by 1 for each faction of which you have a card rezzed.
Resolve the following in an order when your turn begins
If you have a Weyland card rezzed, gain 2 credits
If you have a NBN card rezzed, draw a card.
If you have a Haas Bioroid card rezzed, you may move a card from Archives to HQ
If you have a Jinteki card rezzed, 3 recurring credits to rez ice

This mechanic does make for very full text boxes and number balancing is hard so feedback / input is appreciated.

Also I’ve learned Jinteki does not have very many constructive / non-reactive core mechanics in their color pie.

I’m going to start work on a runner set as well but this post is long enough as it is.

• edit * I cannot into grammar
2 Likes

Runner Unity Cards

Underground Drafthouse - Install: 3
Resource - Location - Seedy Neutral - 0 inf
If you have a Criminal card installed, remove one tag at the end of your turn
If you have a Shaper Card installed, the first time you install a card each turn, draw a card
If you have an Anarch card installed, whenever you trash a Corp card, shuffle a card from your heap into your stack.
(art: the draft IDs all sitting around a bar table having a drink and laughing)

Collaboration - Install 5 Mem 2
Program - Icebreaker Str 2 Neutral - 2 Inf
If you have an Anarch card installed Collaboration gains the Fracter Subtype and 2c: break Barrier subroutine
If you have a Criminal card installed Collaboration gains the Killer Subtype and 2c: break Sentry subroutine
If you have a Shaper card installed Collaboration gains the Decoder Subtype and 2c: break Code Gate subroutine
1c: +1 Str

Swap Meet - Play: 2
Event - Priorety Nuetral - 0 Inf
Play only as your first click:
If you have an installed Shaper card, for the rest of the turn your icebreakers have +1 Str
If you have an installed Criminal card, avoid the first tag you receive each run this turn
If you have an installed Anarch card, for the rest of the turn, Ice you encounter has -1 Str

I really want to find a way to shorten this but I wanted to avoid keywords like magic. other wise it could be something like “Unity Shaper - the first time you install a card each turn, draw a card” This might still be the best option.

2 Likes

I really like the mechanic. Some of the cards do seem a bit strong for 0 influence, I don’t think you should be getting more than Beanstalk value if you only have one other factions cards rezzed (e.g. on Business Conference), however it’s really hard to judge thier value.

I like the themes on Drafthouse and Collaboration, less keen on ‘Commerce Market’. Probably wants a better name.

How about for a 2 credit cost on Business Conference, to bring it more in line with Deuces Wild in power level? Also, I notice that, as-is, using it with a single card faction rezzed is (marginally) useful for anyone except HB. Not that you’d ever use it without multiple faction cards.

Not sure what theme you might want in place of Commerce Market. Business Conference already covers the first thing that would come to mind. Trade Summit? [place] Convention Center? Regulatory Committee (highlighting that, when you make the regulations, you can make them very favorable for everyone involved)?

I like the idea of unity (though just calling it conference might be better) but I think your examples are a too closely tied to asset spam starts and are just a bunch of ‘good stuff’ effects stapled together.

So if you redo the operation one to not care about rezzed cards and just have a ‘faction counts’ rather than ‘IF faction’ design:

Business Conference - Play cost: 1
○○○○○ (Neutral)
Operation
Reveal up to four cards from HQ, then choose one of;

• Play an operation from HQ, reducing the play cost by 2c for each faction among the revealed cards.
  • Install and rez a card from HQ, paying all costs but reducing the rez cost by 2c for each faction among the revealed cards.

And maybe tie the asset’s mechanics together a bit better - the example below its all about the recurring creds rather than 4 different effects:

Commerce Market - Rez 3 trash 4
●○○○○ (Neutral)
Asset
[3 recurring credits]
Use these credits to pay for:

• Rezzing assets and upgrades if you have a rezzed [HB] card.
  • Playing operations if you have a rezzed [NBN] card,
  • Installing and rezzing ice if you have rezzed [Jinteki] card.
  • Advancing cards if you have a rezzed [Weyland] card.
2 Likes

@whirrun Yeah the numbers are really hard to figure out for me. Since the corp has to spend influence on the parts from other factions that it will inevitably activate the effect I was hesitant to put influence on the corp cards. 1 influence is probably good for some of them.

Also yeah Commerce Market is a bad name. I wanted a stock exchange name but a card was just made for a stock exchange and i didn’t want to step on toes. That and Diversified Portfolio was already taken.

@nulloperative 2 cost is probably good as dueces is actually what sorta inspired these in my head. I initially had HB pulling a card from Archives then I realized how swamped that would make HQ (draw 2 and pull a card from archives to HQ) maybe install up to 2 cards from HQ? Worse Shipment from mirror morph effect?

Hmm Maybe like Planetary Trade Commission running off of Regulatory Committee, even has a nice 3 letter abbreviation!

@dis TBH the idea actually started with the “# of factions represented” mechanic you mention. This might work better for corps since there are 4 of them anyway but I do like the flavor of each corp providing it’s color pie to the card. I do really like the reveal function on your modified Business Conference as it makes it easier to use rather than having things rezzed.

More cohesion on Commerce Market like you suggested is a good plan, I’d prefer a “start of turn” effect for Jinteki but I couldn’t really figure one out that wasn’t “do 1 net damage” so I just stole Dedicated Server’s ability. Also just realized that it would be the only source of recurring credits for operations for the corp I can think of out of NBN and it should probably be unique or things could get out of hand pretty fast.

Overall I think the mechanic works better on the runner side of things but I do want the corps to have access to it as well. its just trickier!

Evidence Locker
Sunny - Hardware - Unique
2cr - 3inf

Evidence Locker can host a single card.

Whenever you access an card, you may host that card on Evidence Locker (the card is no longer being accessed and is uninstalled).

Click, trash: If Evidence Locker has a hosted agenda, you may forfeit it to force the corp to trace 0. If unsuccessful, the corp gains bad publicity equal to the points of the forfeited agenda. If successful, gain that many tags.

2 Likes