Imaginary Cards

Gun loading montage pauses

DID YOU SAY ICE THAT ALWAYS FIRE THEIR SUBS?

3 Likes

Oh nooooo, I forgot about Slee. What have I done?

Power Plant Network
Weyland Asset
Rez: 2
Trash: 4

(Click)-Place 1 power counter on a card in a server.
1 Power Counter: Gain 2

Security Detail
Weyland Upgrade
Rez: 3
Trash: 4
Security Detail can host 1 Executive or Character.
Trash or Click: Move Security Detail and the hosted card to another server.
When Security Detail is trashed, do 1 meat damage.

Guest List
Weyland ICE-Code Gate
Strength: 2
Guest list gets +2 strength if there is a rezzed Executive in this server.
-> End The run
You on it?

2 Likes

I really really like the idea of rezzed cards in the server influencing ice.

I could see something like;

ā€œWhen the runner encounters [this ice], place three advancement tokens on [this ice] if there is a Public agenda installed in this server.ā€

Itā€™d be a really neat way to get free tokens for other shenanigans like ToL.

So you can basically click for 3 creds or give free tags with data raven. Seems a bit broken or am I missing something?

Less broken now.

Nightcrawlers
Weyland ICE-Sentry AP
Strength: 4
Nightcrawlers gains ā€œ->End The Runā€ after all its subroutines if there is a rezzed Hostile asset in the server.
-> Do 2 net damage

What was that?

Entourage
Weyland ICE-Barrier
Strength: 2
Entourage gains X End The Run subroutines after all of its other subroutines if there is a Public Agenda in the server. X is equal to the number of advancement tokens on the Public Agenda.
-> End The Run

Blast Doors
Neutral ICE-Barrier
Rez: 4
Strength: 3
Blast Doorā€™s strength cannot be lowered if there is a rezzed Facility in the server.
->End The Run
-> End The Run
Double-Layered

Authorization Scanner
Neutral ICE- Code Gate
Rez: 1
Strength: 1
AS gain +3 strength if there is a rezzed Sysop in the server.
-> The runner loses 1 and End The Run

///Insufficient Security Clearence///

6 Likes

Double Duty - Event - Current - Neutral
2 Play Cost - 2 Influence

ā€œOnce per turnā€ and ā€œFirst time each turnā€ identity effects also trigger or can be used the second time the condition is met or occurs.

This wouldnā€™t benefit all runners, but Edward Kim trashing 2 Operations, Quetzal breaking 2 barrier subs, Gabe running HQ twice, Ken playing 2 run events, Hayley double installing twice in a turn, and Kate getting her discount twice could be quite nice. I think this being a current is the right design space (although a resource with 3-4 counters and remove one when your turn begins could be good (the price would need to be 4-5 for this though)). The influence of 2 is pretty high and just right I think for ths ability.

This would be super fun with Kit.

1 Like

Should this refer specifically to ID cards? Otherwise, soooo many cards become absurdly strong.

Oh yes definitely! Edited above

Return to Sender
Event - Run - Sabotage
Criminal - 1c - 2 Inf
Make a run on a server. If successful, instead of accessing cards, you may choose 1 unadvanced card installed in the server. If this card is facedown, you may expose it. The Corp returns this card to HQ.

Drop Table
Event - Run - Sabotage
Criminal - 3c - 2 Inf
Make a run on HQ. If successful, instead of accessing cards, name an asset or upgrade. The corp reveals all cards in HQ. If the named card is present, remove it and all installed copies of the card from the game. The corp then searches R&D and removes all copies of the card. They then shuffle R&D.
Take 1 tag.

The Birdcage
Hardware - Console
Criminal - 5c - 4 Inf
2 mem
Once per turn, when you pass an unrezzed piece of ice you may add it to HQ.
ā€œWhy didnā€™t I think of that?!?ā€ - Khan: Savvy Skiptracer

CBI Audits
Event - Current
Criminal - 1c - 4 Inf
*Standard current text*
Other than agendas being stolen, cards may not leave archives for any reason.

Some Criminal cards exploring HQ manipulation. RTS and Drop Table are asset spam hate but have enough uses (Especially together) to be used against other decks.

The Birdcage is my idea of what the Gauntlet should have been so it at least has some synergy with the bird breakers.

CBI Audits should be a playable Crim current that makes hand flood an actual problem. Also doubles down on Jackson needing to be used before the runnerā€™s turn if the corp fears this in hand. Bonus anti-Friends in High Places tech.

All these cards together might make Fisk playable? or at least his investment seminar.

Kind of obvious, but oh well.

Cognitive Encryption
HB Agenda - Initiative
As an additional cost to steal Cognitive Encryption, the Runner must spend [click]. Ignore this ability while Cognitive Encryption is installed.
4/2
A mind is a terrible thing to have infected with ransomware.

5 Likes

Iā€™ve been having a few thoughts about corp cards that might help push ā€œvanillaā€ Netrunner, and I was eyeing Wraparound in the process. It doesnā€™t completely shut down AI breaker builds, but it makes them a lot more expensive and needs to be built around by including a fracter. That got me thinking about ice that push for a full breaker suite; rather than collapsing to the matching breaker, they become more efficient when you get a more complete rig while still being possible to break (something I donā€™t entirely like about how Turing and Swordsman handle anti-AI, compared to, say Bulwark). Here are a couple ideas.

Barbican
Weyland ICE: Barrier
Rez: 5
Str: 2
If there is no installed killer, Barbican has +3 strength and cannot be bypassed.
ā†’ End the run
ā†’ End the run

Sort of a worse Spiderweb with a killer installed, or a better (unadvanced) Fire Wall without one. I felt the extra sub was needed to keep it from being too susceptible to d4v1d. It also keeps Lady and Sherman feeling relevant, although the latter really hates not having a killer out. The anti-bypass effect is both a shout out to Guard and an extra way for Weyland rush/glacier to defend against nexus builds (while still being susceptible to Femme because, come on, they paid 9c to bypass a single ice!).

Shibboleth
NBN Ice: Destroyer - Sentry
Rez: 4
Str: 2
When the runner encounters Shibboleth, give him or her 1 tag if there is no installed decoder.
ā†’ The runner must pay 3c or take 1 tag.
ā†’ You may remove 1 tag to trash 1 program.
ā†’ You may remove 1 tag to end the run.

A few thoughts here. One, I like the idea of more cards using tags as a cost rather than just checking for them. With a potential autotag on facechecking this, the corp needs to decide between the trash or the ETR, assuming the runner pays 3 and there are no other tags. Second, I want a tag you have to pay off, without the extra wording of a trace subroutine. This also lets you have a taxing sub thatā€™s relevant against nexus decks without needing a Gutenberg-strength trace that hoses linkless runners. Third, itā€™s meant to be semi-positional ice; itā€™s better with a Data Raven in front, but it can still do work alone. Finally, Iā€™m unsure about costing it; facechecking a destroyer can be nasty, but with a near-full rig, the runner can walk through this for 1c (breaking the tag sub and ignoring the others, assuming no other sources of tags).

2 Likes

Leonidas 1.8b
HB Ice: Bioroid - Destroyer - Trap
Str: 1
The Runner can spend [click][click] to break up to 3 subroutines on Leonids 1.8b.
ā†’ End the run if there is no installed decoder.
ā†’ End the run if there is no installed fracter.
ā†’ End the run if there is no installed killer.
ā†’ Trash 1 installed Runner card. If you do, trash Leonidas 1.8b.

The idea here is to give HB a full breaker suite-checker that you can play around with AI, clicking through with one breaker installed, or clicking through and sacrificing something to it in order to trash it. The rez cost is a bit low for something that can ETR and trash anything, but a) itā€™s a bioroid and can thus be clicked through, and b) itā€™s a trap that you can safely facecheck if you donā€™t have your whole rig together. Thematically, I picture this as a beta design of a warroid programmed to fanatically hold the line, with an unintended tendency to perform a self-sacrificing retaliatory strike when it looks like it will fail.

Urchin
Jinteki Ice: AP - Code Gate
Rez: 6
Str: 3
As an additional cost to use an icebreaker to break at least one subroutine on Urchin, the runner must pay 1c.
ā†’ Deal 2 net damage if there is no installed fracter.
ā†’ Gain 2c.
ā†’ Gain 2c.
ā†’ End the run if there is no installed fracter.

This one Iā€™m less certain about, but it came to mind while thinking about these ice and I wanted to write it out. So, obviously, this is meant to be a code gate that still costs something for Yog.0 to break. Without a fracter itā€™s sort of a Wall of Thorns plus more, but decoders are strong and, with a barrier in play, itā€™s just money ice (a spiky hard shell with a tender, delicious center, if you will). So, why put money ice in Jinteki, and why should the runner care to break it? Because it gives the corp money to fire Snare! or Cerebral Overwriter, and it helps fund psi games. Assuming an installed fracter, it costs 2 to break with Yog.0 and 4 to break with many other breakers, so itā€™s up to the runner if thatā€™s worth keeping a notoriously money-starved corp from getting a big financial boost. The cost is perhaps a bit high, but it gives a lot of money when the runner hits it, too.

No particular inspiration, I swear.

Rattlesnake - 1
Weyland Ice - Sentry - ā—ā—
Rattlesnakeā€™s strength canā€™t be lowered below 1.
-> Give the runner a tag unless the runner pays 1.
-> Give the runner a tag unless the runner pays 1.
Str: 1
"Thatā€™s not static." - Gabriel Santiago

5 Likes

Weyland Fairchild with baller af flavor text. Tight

Hereā€™s an agenda

Police State
Weyland Agenda
4/2
If this agenda is in a score area, do 1 meat damage when the Runners turn begins.

IMO not OP

1 Like

Iā€™d change it to:

ā€œWhen the runnerā€™s turn begins, do 1 meat damage if the Runner is tagged. Otherwise, give the Runner 1 Tag.ā€

1 Like

Eh, Iā€™m sick of all the tag dependence in Weyland. The idea is that in a Police State you canā€™t avoid the beat down. Violence is a part of every day life.