Imaginary Cards

In that case i’d make it a 3/5.

That would be unplayable binder fodder. 5/3 are to finish the game. The point of this agenda is to encourage the Corp to score early, even if it means a tempo loss. It also punishes the Runner for early aggression without relying on tags or a cash lead.

True, I was going for a flavor-perspective. Enforcing a police state is a huge project, and deserves an agenda of approproate size :slight_smile:

1 Like

Some ideas for other cards like Mausolus keeping with the wonders of the world theme.

Great Wall - 5
Weyland Ice - Barrier - ●●●

If Great Wall has 2 or more advancement counters on it, do the parenthetical text as well.

Great Wall has an additional “-> End the run” subroutine for each other rezzed copy of Great Wall.
(As an additional cost to break a subroutine on Great Wall the runner must spend 1 credit.)

-> End the Run
-> End the Run

Strength - 4

Colosseum - 7
Weyland Ice - Sentry - ●●●●●

If Colosseum has 5 or more advancement tokens on it, resolve the parenthetical text instead. When the runner encounters Colosseum, Rez another sentry, lowering the rez cost by 2 (4).

-> Resolve a subroutine on a rezzed Sentry. (Encounter a rezzed Sentry).
-> Resolve a subroutine on a different rezzed Sentry. (Encounter a different rezzed Sentry).
-> Resolve a subroutine on a different rezzed Sentry. (Encounter a different rezzed Sentry).

Strength - 7

Edit for Clarity and to prevent crippling komainu sadness.

Is the “Rez another sentry” bit supposed to be a subroutine?

Even without that part, it’s rather bonkers. Imagine smacking the runner in the face with the same Komainu three times in a row. (Keeping in mind that the Big K keeps its subs for the run.)

Whoops no, that should read, "When the runner encounters Colosseum… (updated card text). I’ve been drinking and forgot about Komainu, but I think I have a fix in that each encounter should be with a different sentry.

A stab at a fixed Merger:

A Future for All
Neutral Agenda - 3/2
As long as A Future for All is in the corp’s score area, the runner needs 1 fewer agenda point to win the game.
“Define ‘all’.” - Valencia Estevez

2 Likes

I was bored.

Cyberdex ICE Hardener
Operation - Neutral - 2 Cost - 0 Inf

Install Cyberdex ICE Hardener on a rezzed piece of ice as a hosted condition counter with the text “Host ICE’s strength may not be lowered.”

Cyberdex Bronze Protection Plan
2 advancement requirement 0 agenda point neutral agenda
When you score Cyberdex Bronze Protection Plan, trash a installed virus program.

Cyberdex Silver Protection Plan
3 advancement requirement 1 agenda point neutral agenda
When you purge virus counters, you may trash 1 installed virus program as well.

Cyberdex Gold Protection Plan
4 advancement requirement 2 agenda point neutral agenda
When a virus program is trashed (just by the Corp? Not sure on balance.), you may pay 2c. If you do so, remove that virus from the game instead…

Cyberdex Platinum Protection Plan
5 advancement requirement 3 agenda point neutral agenda
When a virus program is installed, do 1 meat damage to the runner.
Preventive medicine is the doctor’s orders.

3 Likes

This ICE assumes you can’t break sentries, cause I would rather resolve a cobra subroutine than for the runner to encounter one, although the 5 advancement counters make it interesting to bluff with.

Bootstrap

1 cost 2 trash Weyland upgrade 1 INF

This card costs 1 less influence in a Jinteki deck

Whenever you are about to rez a card, you and the runner may secretly spend 0, 1 or 2 credits, if you and the runner spend a different number of credits you may place advancement tokens on that card equal to the number of credits spend in total by both sides before it is rezzed.

Kremlin Grid
Weyland Upgrade-Region
Rez: 2
Trash: 4
Inf: 4
Whenever there is a successful run on this server, Trace X, if successful, end the run. X is the number of barrier ICE the runner used icebreakers to break this run.

Extravagance
Weyland Operation-Triple
Play: 10
Search for 1 card and add it to HQ for every 10 credits you have in your credit pool. You may shuffle that many cards into R&D.

Red Carpet
NBN ICE: Code Gate-AP
Rez: 5
Strength: 5
-> Give the runner 1 Tag
-> Do 1 net damage
-> As an additional cost to remove tags for the remainder of the turn, the runner must pay 1.

And The Award Goes to…
NBN Operation-Terminal
Play: 4
Trash: 1
Influence: 3
Trace 5: Give the runner 1 tag for each agenda in his or her score area. Limit 1 per deck.

Edict
Weyland Operation-Current
Play: 2
Influence: 4
Choose 1 of the following to become this card’s text:

• When your turn begins, trace 3: If successful, do 1 meat damage
  • When your turn begins, you may pay 1 credit to install a non-agenda card.
  • If the runner plays a current, before this card is trashed, give the runner 2 tags.
  • The trash cost of every Executive, Character, and Sysop is increased by 1.
1 Like

Soft Reset
Faction: Neutral
Operation (Yeah I totally didn’t write event by mistake or anything)
Cost: 1
Install Soft Reset on a piece of ice as a hosted condition counter with the text “If host ice is trashed during a run, install it rezzed as the outermost piece of ice on the server in which it was just trashed, paying the install cost.”

“Have you tried turning it off and on again?”

2 Likes

Seems like bad value for the runner :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Anarch event 3 credits 4 influence mwl

Increase the cost of each corp card by 2 credits, take 1 brain damage each turn

Whoops :sweat_smile: I was just excited thinking about SIFR or ice destruction counters

I was thinking about this agenda from @moistloaf and it seems to be an interesting step toward making some playable 4/2s. By including a penalty for stealing it that isn’t entirely bypassed by Film Critic, you mitigate some of the danger of trying to score a 4/2. I’d still prefer to get something for the trouble of scoring it, so here are some attempts at 4/2s with negative effects in the runner’s score area and minor boosts for scoring. The intention is for the negative effect to support one of that factions threats to the runner, while the score bonus helps accelerate the corp’s game plan in some way. And to make more agendas that sound like Ludlum book titles.

Rainsford Deception
Jinteki Agenda: Initiative
4/2
While Rainsford Initiative is in the runner’s score area, gain 2c the first time each run the runner accesses an ambush.
When you score Rainsford Initiative, you may install 1 agenda, asset, or upgrade from HQ or Archives in a new remote server, then place 2 advancement counters on that card. You cannot score or rez that card this turn.

Steal an agenda, give Jinteki money to trigger Snare!, Project Junebug, Prisec, Cerebral Overwriter, etc. Let them score it, and they get a mini-Mushin to line up the next agenda, or a Ronin, or a Junebug or Overwriter. Thematically, this is a mysterious project with files that contain a sort of virus that silently alerts the corp when the runner comes a-runnin’ and gives them time to prepare.

Minerva Covenant
Weyland Agenda: Initiative
4/2
While Minerva Covenant is in the runner’s score area, his or her maximum hand size is reduced by 1.
1[recurring credit]
Use this credit to advance cards.

Mechanically, stealing it supports a big meat damage kill, while scoring it supports rush by letting you advance agendas (or ice, for BoN’s sake) with less cost to the corp. Thematically, it’s something of an illuminati reference; while you have the data, you’re going to experience something similar to the effects of an Enforced Curfew as the conspiracy uses its resources to cut off your options. And if it’s scored, well, it makes it just a little bit easier for those in power to achieve their goals.

Alberich Protocol
HB Agenda: Initiative
4/2
While Alberich Protocol is in the runner’s score area, all ice have +1 strength.
When you score Alberich Protocol, you may install and rez a bioroid from HQ or Archives, reducing the rez cost by 3.

Obviously meant to be glacier-friendly. Stealing it can make all servers more taxing, but letting the corp score it can make a given server much worse, especially if they bring back something you trashed. Alternatively, they can revive an Adonis or Ash for cheap. Thematically, as with Rainsford, there’s a project that moves things along but also contains, say, a “curse” that punishes the greedy runner.

In any case, just some initial ideas. I think self defense is a good area to explore in agendas with “bad” cost/point values, especially as our beloved 3/2 Projects cycle out. NAPD Contract and Fetal AI see play, right?

2 Likes

Not sure if it would be too good or not. If not, perhaps another minor ability could be added.

So, basically, the idea would be that it becomes a 3/2 if you score 2 of them. If you score the full 3, they would still just be 3/2s beause it doesn’t say “for each.”

Now this one, while I think it is interesting design space, would probably be pretty broken with the right types of “Forfeit an agenda” cards available:

So, it basically provides forfeit fodder and deck thinning, and it can be stolen. However, you can install, score, search, install, score, search, install, score all of them in a single turn. Then forfeiture gives you a small bonus.

BE is incredibly powerful, given Archer, Corp Town, Stock Buy-back, the upcoming Tithonium, and Oberth Protocol, as well as whatever else Damon has cooked up for Weyland agenda saccing. I’d at minimum make it a 1/0, and/or give it a downside to being stolen.

I love Corporate Puppets though. Score one and you can threaten to never-advance 3 points which is exactly the kind of thing Weyland needs.

2 Likes

Oh shit. I forgot Tithonium. Yeah, that’d make it suuuuuper good.

The idea was to give forfeit fodder that allows you to really bank that up as Weyland and makes their forfeit cards just a whole heck of a lot better in faction instead of splashed.

But, yeah, this might be too far.

I just thought of another thing. A 1/0 or 0/0 makes Archer or Tithonium something you can rez on Runner Turn 1. Regardless of the ability, that low of an advancement requirement might be too powerful.

I almost think you’d have to give a 1/0 a straight-up corp downside to balance it. Something like giving the runner credits/cards/clicks…

Or maybe an additional cost to score it? Like 1-2 credits or a card off R&D or something. That would be Weyland-ey.

Another idea, a 0-pointer that gives the corp a neat benefit, but goes to the runner score area when scored?