In search for deck ideas

Hello everyone.
I’ve started a thread on BGG with an idea and I’m trying to get as much people as possible to vote. If you have the time, read the idea and vote there if you like it!

One of my favorite aspects of Netrunner is deckbuilding, especially using different IDs or card that aren’t seen a lot on the meta. I realize they are probably not the best decks out there, but creating a deck from scratch and watching it go from losing all the time to win some or even most of the time is amazing.
That’s why I’m going to start a blog/series of posts, still working on where to put it up. The main idea is that I’m gonna ask the readers, or BGG, for a deck concept that is not seen very much. Be that an ID, a set of breakers, or cards that aren’t seen much.
Then, I’m gonna build a runner and a corp deck with these ideas and for a whole month, I’m gonna be playing and tinkering with it. Every week I’ll do a report on how the deck is going, what changes were made and why. Each deck will be played at least 10 times each week. At the end of the month I’ll see how it fared, how far it came from the original idea and if its winning.
So, to get this started I’m asking for suggestions for the first two decks.
Suggest and vote.

2 Likes

There is a runner deck I’ve been working on that I’d be interested in seeing if it can perform. Kind of an install economy Exile. It originally ran LLDS chips and the pawn combo but I’ve traded that out for just straight econ with the new cache virus.

Exile: Streethawk (Creation and Control)

Event (16)
3x Diesel (Core Set)
2x Modded (Core Set)
2x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
2x Test Run (Cyber Exodus)
3x Quality Time (Humanity’s Shadow)
2x Scavenge (Creation and Control)
1x Levy AR Lab Access (Creation and Control)
1x Legwork (Honor and Profit) ••

Hardware (7)
2x Grimoire (Core Set) ••••
1x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)
2x R&D Interface (Future Proof)
2x Clone Chip (Creation and Control)

Resource (7)
3x Aesop’s Pawnshop (Core Set)
3x Daily Casts (Creation and Control)
1x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)

Icebreaker (5)
1x Femme Fatale (Core Set) •
1x Inti (Creation and Control)
3x Overmind (Honor and Profit)

Program (10)
1x Parasite (Core Set) ••
3x Self-modifying Code (Creation and Control)
3x Scheherazade (Second Thoughts) •••
3x Cache (The Spaces Between) •••

15 influence spent (maximum 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Spaces Between

Edit: I guess I should explain it a bit. It uses overmind as the main breaker with grimoire for 5 counter overminds. With aesops none of the caches stick around long enough interfere with the counters. Used to run llds chips but am finding its too slow. So i opted for grimoire, cache, and daily cast econ which synergizes with aesops and scherezade greatly. Runs modded too to put some of the card draw to use. Deck draws a lot.

Ever since it’s release, I have been struggling to make a viable deck with Server Diagnostics. I guess that would be my challenge for your first Corp deck.

3 Likes

Looking at it, I think that one thing it might have trouble with is deep servers with lots of subroutines to get through. I see it kind of fizzling out against HB Glacier decks. Still, love the idea and it was lots of fun watching it go through its paces.

Thanks everyone for replying and voting! You have no idea how awesome it is to see that almost 50 people have already voted!
I’m going to wrap the voting up on saturday, so that sunday I have the time to build the first tries of the decks and post the decks around here.
Some other decks have been suggested and I’ll add them in another pool, vote on them too if you have the time :slight_smile:
Since a lot of people have voted and a lot of the ideas sound really cool I’ll probably make this a regular, so, any decks that don’t win this month are going to the vote for next month!
The only problem I still have is that I still don’t know where to do these weely posts on how the decks are going and what changes were made, any suggestions?

Its done! Our first challenge is published. Thanks everyone for the suggestions and votes.
You can see how it turned out on the link: http://offthemeta.wordpress.com

Next sunday I’ll update it with how the deck performed during the week!

1 Like