[Industrial Genomics] The Genomic Industrial Complex

Yup yup yup. Sensie is an amazing card in general and IG loves it. It’s even better when you Museum first to get back whatever you care about, THEN bury the agenda.

1 Like

It’s a great card, but the low trash cost is problem. I’ve tried it in IG, replacing Mumbad City Hall, and those games were problematic against decks that had extra trashing credits. With MCH, it’s much easier to play a turn where you create 3 remotes that are costlier to trash, which I think is the key play against those runner decks.

Including both MCH and actors union doesn’t seem like a solution, due to deck space and influence.

You also forgot to mention the biggest benefit of Sensie Actors Union: less shuffling than MCH. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve been trying out both MCH and Actors Union in the same deck, and I’ve found both in combination make the engine more resilient. Union is a draw powerhouse, even just 1 trigger can turn the game my way by sequestering agendas, getting more cards to put out, and having a little extra to dump in Archives. The problem is it’s must-trash, and unless I’m already on a lot of cards in archives it’s an easy target. MCH can give me similar draw, but also can stay building up a big board with Temples and Museums, giving the runner more things to keep down.

It’s a lot of influence (3 for MCHs and 4 for Unions), but since the win con is all in-faction it’s well used to support getting it off the ground.

2nd at a 22 person SC today.

Hail spambots!

4 Likes

Housekeeping is pretty evil, how often did it work out?

2 Likes

Every single turn it’s in play?

5 Likes

Housekeeping is freaking amazing, yeah. I’m still torn between it and ELP though.

Depends on the deck. ELP is great v. Whizz, for example. However, non-Crims install a ton of stuff, and, if single, small cuts are your win condition, Housekeeping accelerates that.

They could be 3 Hive, which is really nice, as well.

2 ELP / 1 Hive ?

Housekeeping is maybe less lost clics than ELP ? (corpo turn, -1 card or more, runner turn run+loss clic, draw and err… Clic cred ? Corpo turn, MoH that lost asset and redo).

You could run this in 50 cards I think (Ronin, third tech, one shock and third crick could be removed).

So how long until Bio-Ethics becomes unique via errata?

Because eff that card.

2 Likes

How viable is it to avoid the net damage using Net Shield / Feedback Filter? I remember FF was very good against Cambridge Jinteki, but that one didn’t grind you down like the IG decks do.

I burned through netshield twice in Cambridge, but never needed to face the feedback filter. It’s certainly a step in the right direction.

1 Like

Probably depends on how rich the runner is. 3c per net damage from the filter adds up super fast, especially if you don’t have the economy to keep up alongside having to keep drawing cards to try to get something going on their own end.

You feel like you’re basically trying to stay above water while you have a weight tied to your ankle dragging you down and wishing you were playing anything other than this game.

I think any deck that can actually afford enough Feedback Filter activations to beat IG should take those credits and hyperdriver mega keyhole win in one turn or something, because that’s what a massive number of credits that would be. Net Shield seems like a more reasonable answer. If you warped your deck so much that it could afford Feedback Filter, it probably should just do the triple Employee Strike thing instead.

1 Like

Feedback Filter is great against PE, because it lets you prevent any amount of damage and ignore both Cerebral Overwriter and Komainu. But it’s too expensive against sustained damage, there are very few decks that can afford to spend 60 credits over the course of a game on top of the Genomics tax and the cost of breaking Crick over and over again.

On the other hand, Net Shield is cheap and prevents two points of damage: One in your turn and one in the Corporation’s turn. In other words, it nullifies the first Bio-Ethics and the first Hostile Infrastructure for one credit each. That’s a lot and gives you more than enough time to slap down a couple R&D interfaces and carry your lock to victory.

2 Likes

Builds a Hayley deck full of installables, and then starts using housekeeping… evil mastermind territory.

5 Likes

I believe @daine noted something similar this past weekend.

I enjoy building a meta, and then building the meta counter. XD

10 Likes

What are your thoughts on Ashigaru vs Hive?

Hive is inf, which I’d rather spend elsewhere. But at least I can rez it turn 1.
Ashigaru is 9 credits, which is brutal early on, but totally doable in the later game. (Turtles + Temples)

Do you want to, though?

Hive > Ashigaru in a deck that doesn’t want to score out, and doesn’t cost any real credits once the temples are online.

I started to play 1, then went up to 2, and now Im on 3. Keeping Whiz (or any faust player) out of Archives is super important.

Other solid uses for the influence are Sensies (which in testing were super good in IG but MCH+Heritage does much the same thing), ELP or Housekeeping (I prefer Static for the current given Whiz is by far the worst matchup). But Hive is best for me as its a strict upgrade on Ashigaru given the cost and the requirement not to have to have a full hand for it to be turned on.