[Industrial Genomics] The Genomic Industrial Complex

The Net Shield bit really surprises me. There has been an awful lot of talk for a little while about IG (some people haven’t even had time to moan about Faust anymore ;)), but I haven’t noticed any sign of decks including Net Shield as a consequence. I could kind of understand it if people choose not to include a singleton for influence or deck slot reasons and just accepted a bad match-up, but even the popular Shaper decks with a couple of copies of Artist Colony don’t seem to find a place for it.

Idk, in my limited experience Siphon is very ineffective against this deck. IG can just hover around 1-3c, making you less from Siphons. Even a full value Siphon only gets you enough to trash 2 or 3 assets assuming no face downs in Archives. Then you’re broke again as Criminal. They Rez a Crick on Archives, maybe a Caprice too and it’s game over.

2 Likes

I agree that the 1-3 credits is the typical threat level for many IG decks. This is why I feel Noise is so strong, Lamprey and Imp destroy IG. Add in Archives Interface, Hades Shard, and Medium, and you have all the tech you need to take on IG.

Those cards are all good in Noise’s other match-ups too.

Anyone else tried Lakshmi Smartfabrics?

I played a tournament yesterday with it as a single copy (searchable with Tech Startup of course), and a defensive agenda suite of 3 x Global Food Initiative, 3 x The Future Perfect, 2 x Fetal AI. You should have loads of power counters for it at your leisure, and it may not be at the top of the Runner’s must trash list. Turns out you can score a few agendas with it to further seed the deck in your favour/stop a scared Runner trying to play for the timed draw. (Two identical agendas in hand; Lakshmi with three counters, or just three cards including Lakshmi unrezzed; simply IAA.) I even won a game on agenda points!

Not bad simply as a panic button for HQ runs either.

1 Like

Has anyone tried a 1x Elizabeth Mills in the deck (in place of a hive)? You fetch it with tech startup and it gets rid of salsette slums which I think of the only hard counter to the deck. As a nice little bonus, you get to trash wyldsides and watch your anarch opponents click for cards.

Yes. People really teching against slums also add exec search firm to fetch her in a hurry (since mch can fetch ESF, it sets up a nice little chain).

Honestly, though, if whizz is packing slums, he really ought to bring two, so the insta-fetch with esf should only work once.

I was watching the top 8 stream for the UK regional on Friday, and one of the players had a 49 card IG deck, with no temples or museums, that revolved around flatlining the runner with a combination of bio ethics and ronin with dedication ceremony. It looked really interesting, is anyone else playing that style of IG?

1 Like

I think that’s Chris Hinkes? He’s tight-lipped about his current decklist but you can see what he was doing last Worlds on NRDB. Pre-MWL and Mumbad though.

1 Like

it was Dave Hoylands list using JH & Sensies for draw; ronin & dedication ceremony for the final blow and Bio-ethics/psychic fields hidden amongst the remotes. Ice suite was uber cheap (cortex locks/cricks) so no mumbas, instead rezzing HI using BBG.

as a spectator it looked way more fun than the MCH/MoH/Mumba prison version.

3 Likes

Yeah, it looked really light on ice, couldn’t have been more than 7 or 8 in the deck. Looked fun to play and brutal to play against.

I believe there’s 9 - Bako, Crotex Lock and Crick.

Not sure if Hiro was in the list, but if so rez Hiro, rez Bio-ethics, Dedicate Ronin, adv, activate is death as long as you miss the IHW with Bio-ethics.

Psychic fields seem pretty key as the runner cant draw up out of kill range if they hit one - especially with a Pavillion in play. With that threat your remotes can grow unchecked and its much more traditional shell game Jinteki than the prison game where you know every card on their board and cant do jack about it

Last time I tried that kind of Ronin kill plan the problem was Deus Ex. A shaper with that and Clone Chips is really, really hard to kill, you pretty much scoop to it. I guess Whizzard doesn’t run a whole lot of Deus Ex though :smiley:

I know Dan’s version def had Hiro in it, and Chris has liked Hiro in IG for a long time, so I wouldn’t be surprised if his contained it as well.

Almost no Shapers run Deus any more, so I think Ronin is a fine card at the moment. Maybe if this IG gets popular than people will start running it again. Haven’t had a problem with it thus far.

May be true in your local meta, but generally there seems to be a decent amount of Deus X around.

#2 (Exile) at PNW regionals ran it.

#1 (Kate) at Dallas ran it.

#2 (Kate) at NYC ran it.

#2 at Copenhagen ran 3 (!!!)

Pitchfork, notably, doesn’t usually run it despite having clone chips.

1 Like

I was also pretty intrigued by Hoylands list.

Watching the stream I managed to work out roughly this as the deck. Might not be 100% accurate but I think it’s close?

----/

Industrial Genomics: Growing Solutions

Agenda (8)
2x Fetal AI
2x Global Food Initiative ••
1x Philotic Entanglement
3x The Future Perfect

Asset (24)
3x Bio-Ethics Association
2x Genetics Pavilion
3x Hostile Infrastructure
3x Jackson Howard •••
2x Psychic Field
2x Ronin
2x Sensie Actors Union ••••
3x Shock!
2x Snare!
2x Tech Startup

Upgrade (3)
3x Breaker Bay Grid

Operation (7)
2x Cerebral Static
2x Dedication Ceremony ••••• •
3x Hedge Fund

Barrier (2)
2x Himitsu-Bako

Code Gate (2)
1x Crick
1x Yagura

Sentry (3)
2x Cortex Lock
1x Komainu

15 influence spent (max 15)
21 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Democracy and Dogma

That agenda make-up doesn’t seem quite right.

If you’re not planning on scoring, why would you pay an influence for a Global Food Initiative for 21 agenda points when you could have another Fetal AI for 20 agenda points, which is effectively a GFI with free net damage and credit tax?

Maybe you’re right. It might have only been one? But he definitely had at least one

Thinking about it, assuming that your influence-counting of three copies of Jackson Howard and two each of Sensie Actors Union and Dedicated Ceremony are correct (all of which are eminently sensible), we have two influence left. If there are no other unaccounted for splashes, that suggests two GFI.

Is the agenda suite:

3 x Fetal AI
2 x Global Food Initiative
1 x Philotic Entanglement
2 x The Future Perfect

perhaps?

It seems to make more sense, especially given the aggressive nature of the deck.

2 Likes

Absolutely. That seems more like it. Haven’t played it yet but I’m gonna sleeve it up for my next meetup