[Industrial Genomics] The Genomic Industrial Complex

I think that he doesn’t have Snare! (maybe because the deck doesn’t have a lot of money)
I saw 3 psychic field also

Instead of sensie actors union, have you tried palana agroplex to try and save influence?

That allows the runner to draw more cards, though, which isn’t something you usually want in a deck. Also, your only drawing one card instead of two. After playing this deck for the good part of a week, Sensie is usually the card I’m most excited to see. It’s seriously amazing in a deck where you want to both find specific pieces to your combo and also overdraw for archives padding. You don’t want agendas, can so this chucks them on the bottom.

As far as this deck’s needs go, there’s really no comparison between Sensie and Agroplex.

2 Likes

It’s not like the runner over drawing is necessarily bad, and you can save the influence for more hive or something. And it’s harder to trash than sensie. It’s worth trying out I think

It is if they draw on your turn, and you’re trying to kill them with the bio ethics/hiro/ronin combo

I’ve thought a lot about it, and you’re probably right, but if what the runner has in hand isn’t important, there’s no better way to speed up the game than a few agroplexes out.

So is this deck still viable now with the changes? Seems like it, considering it only got a hit of 3 influence. Museum not on MWL bah, shows Damon loves Jinteki.

Museum is unique, which is pretty major when the engine of the deck is endlessly recurring Heritage Committee. With only one Museum you can’t bring back Heritage Committee and other cards at the same time, limiting your control over the composition of central servers. Plus the MCH + Heritage interaction was changed to make it less abusive, which means one of the major forces behind the deck is less reliable. And that 3 influence is pretty key when you were able to have 3 Hives or 2 Hives + Elizabeth Mills. Making room for it will be a challenge and ultimately make the deck weaker. BioLock isn’t dead, it’s just quite a bit weaker and with NBN getting much needed nerfs it’s going to be easier to counter without auto-losing to NEH.

Of course this is just BioLock, there are other ways to play IG.

1 Like

The Museum of History change kills the recursive deck idea. Putting it on the MWL would have been great: it would have mean that there was an influence hit to stop some of the most egregious importing: Hive and MCH, for instance. Especially with Mumba Temple being put on the MWL anyway.

Changing Museum of History to unique kills the whole idea of a recursive deck dead: even in the best theoretical scenario you can’t return your deck to R&D: draw one, put one back is the best you can achieve.

Museum of History might still be a useful tool, but the idea of a recursive endgame is no longer viable: with max one Museum active you can halt entropy temporarily, but never reverse it. That alternative game dynamic can’t be used to kick various deck ideas around anymore. Well, short of some kind of Museum-Hades Fragment-Media Blitz deck or a Museum-Clone Suffrage Movement-Rework deck, which can still achieve a positive flow into R&D. But that’s not going to be a solid core concept that people will play around with like three Museums was.

1 Like