Hardware (7)
3x Ekomind (All That Remains)
2x HQ Interface (Humanity’s Shadow)[color=#4169E1] ••••[/color]
2x R&D Interface (Future Proof)[color=#32CD32] ••••[/color]

Resource (12)
3x Daily Casts (Creation and Control)
3x Duggar’s (First Contact)
3x Public Sympathy (Cyber Exodus)
3x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)

Icebreaker (6)
1x Corroder (Core Set)
1x Knight (Mala Tempora)
1x Mimic (Core Set)
3x Overmind (Honor and Profit)

Program (6)
3x D4v1d (The Spaces Between)
3x Origami (Up and Over)

15 influence spent (max 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to All That Remains

Decklist published on NetrunnerDB.

The idea it so use Public Sympathy, Origami and Duggar’s to fill your hand to monstrous proportions. Off the bat, this should keep you safe from damage of any kind.

Then, with Ekomind installed, get an Overmind out with a ridiculous counter count.

Now make Interface-enabled runs. Use Stimhack to boost Overmind’s strength for free, and proceed to break subroutines for free with counters.

For especially big ICE, use D4v1d. For Swordsman, use Mimic. For double Wraparound use Corroder. Duggar’s should help you obtain these 1-ofs.

Replay Stimhacks using SOS and reset your Overmind’s counters (and D4v1d if needed) using Scavenge.

I think for a deck like this to work, and that right now is a pretty big if, the first thing you are going to want is some personal workshop/supplier’s. You have a lot of cash-on-delivery type cards, that you have to play and wait to pay out, Supplier and PW let you at least put them out of hand at a nominal fee and tick down the cost of investment.

Your next issue is going to be that overmind is still kind of a shit breaker, even with stacks of counters on it, 0 strength has you paying out the asshole on a lot of mid level ICE, while not wanting to waste them on low ones. d4vid is a good stop-gap for that, since strength 5+ is covered, and I think parasite should be your “breaker” for little ICE. I would still plan to get out at least one datasucker (maybe 2 on a djinn?), that can start running up credit for you while you are building your rig. And last, I think a 1-of Atman will do a lot of work, you can set it at either 0 or 4, and will get you a LOT of mileage with the rest of your deck.

Hope that helps!

This needs a lot of stuff on the table before it can run, and I don’t think interfaces are strong enough to make up for the delay on the rig.

Overmind is not a good general purpose icebreaker, as @false_idol mentioned. Reasons you might play Overmind are:

• Overmind supports strategies that keep the Corp low on ICE by allowing you to facecheck safely and then Parasite it.

• Overmind guarantees that you land high impact event runs such as Siphon and Indexing.

• Overmind is an emergency breaker you can use if your primary breakers get trashed or are situational (central only, etc).

• Overmind combines with e3 and Datasucker to break a lot of ICE efficiently.

Your deck is just like ‘Look how big my Overmind is!’ but you have nothing going on except a couple Interfaces that are expensive and slow to come out.

And then you run into one Komainu without your singleton Mimic and you’re toast. Or you hit Psychic Field and lose all your stuff.

2 Likes

I’ve been playing a Ekomind/Overmind deck for a minute now and my problem stems from the fact Duggar’s is just a bad card for the deck. You want to use it to find pieces, but unless you already have a huge hand size, you end up having to dump way too many cards. If you don’t find your Origamis fast enough, you risk running low on cards before you get the big turn where you drop Ekomind off The Supplier and Duggar’s up.

I want to try running it with Wyldside/Aesop’s as my draw engine, as I feel it would be a lot more consistent, but I haven’t had a chance to test it out yet.

Run all nighter(amped up later) or personal workshop to install the overmind the turn you duggars before discarding, all the hand size, all the counters, none of the heartache.

Or just put Overmind in the heap via Inject or overdraw, then Clone Chip it out on the turn you use Duggars.

If anything I’d prefer to remove Duggars, remove Origami, remove Public Sympathy, and just do a turn like:

1. Quality Time (9 cards)
  2. Inject or click to draw (~10 cards)
  3. Install Overmind with 8 counters
  4. Mass Install or Freelance Coding Contract extra programs.

8 counters should be plenty if you can Parasite spam and/or get an e3 online at some point. The e3 is good anyway if you want to stick with Quetzal, otherwise you can just play Noise and not run that often. Rough list of the idea:

Ekovermind Noise (45 cards)

Noise: Hacker Extraordinaire

Event (14)
3 Deja Vu
3 Inject
2 Mass Install
3 Quality Time
3 Sure Gamble

Hardware (4)
1 Clone Chip
1 E3 Feedback Implants
2 Ekomind

Resource (6)
2 Aesop’s Pawnshop
3 Daily Casts
1 Hades Shard

Icebreaker (4)
1 Corroder
3 Overmind

Program (17)
3 Cache
2 D4v1d
3 Datasucker
3 Imp
3 Medium
3 Parasite

Yea, I tossed around the idea of QT on it. I think the grand finale of duggars into a massive install is just nice for that last install…something like 16 counters with E3 installed and you’re set for the rest of the game.

In my testing we used quetzal with E3, which already saves you counters, works with d4v1d and her ability, so you get to choose what you’re using to break most ice with. Slotting 2 scavenge to reset overminds that were already installed after heavy draw, and dumping the duplicates of things like eko, duggars, etc worked too. Having an AI online with Quetzal is quite dangerous, especially with an active medium or keyhole.

That said I think I actually ended up preferring wyldside to duggars, when mixing with inject. I like the list though.

I like the QT idea with Clone Chip or maybe Workshop (Nasir!). Seems like a Deus X, or at least a Feedback Filter would always be good insurance with Ekomind if you are worried about losing your entire rig to a Psychic Field.

Any deck that kind of wants Wyldside is going to be a lot better shortly when Earthrise Hotel comes out.

A clickless 2 cards at start of turn to increase Overmind counters by 2… mmm.

The Noise list above is going to find space for 2-3 copies of it just as a generically good card, never mind the synergy with Ekomind. I’m a big fan of just putting good cards in my decks, and not trying too hard to force a combo.

1 Like

My reasoning for RDI over Medium or Keyhole is that you can’t combine them with Stimhack.

Edit: nvm I’m an idiot

Medium combines with Stimhack quite nicely.

How embarassing. So you’re saying -2 RDI +2 Clone Chip? and +2 Medium -2 something else? and perhaps also -2 HQI +2 Nerve Agent etc.

I didn’t like it at first, but the more I think and build with it, Earthrise is quite bananas. My lust for it stems for my hatred of clicking to draw, which is why I liked Exile way more than I should have.

This and collective consciousness are looking like the cards to try from the source.

Maybe the answer is to not get caught up in the gimmick. I could see doing a power turn of Ekomind, QT/QT and drop a huge overmind. Dump your programs with FCC if you have it, otherwise, they’re still there ready to be clone chipped. I don’t think Chaos Theory would have much trouble getting that off, and then maybe you trade-in the ekomind?

My question is still, at what point is it more efficient just to have atman/datasucker?

Based on my attempts think the simple answer is “no”. What’s the value of an AI breaker plan? Either efficency or speed of set up relative to a full breaker suite. Ekovermind doesn’t give you either. It does give you amazing sniping power with Stimhack but the same is true of Crypsis. And the cost is several turns of playing and using weak cards that don’t threaten the corp. Any deck in which your gameplan revolves around getting out a console only to have to trash it before it loses you the game is going wrong somewhere.

1 Like

Hand size / Ekomind builds are missing something. It doesn’t help Data Folding is grossly overpriced, but until there is something else, whether its global icebreaker strength or more econ or whatever, there is so little reason to go through all these motions for jank that doesn’t even seem fun.

What about slotting Sage?

More on the Origami side of things,
What about Eater + Origami?
You don’t need extra MU, and the added hand size means that you get to draw and hold rooms of cards, i.e. Cutlery.
You don’t necessarily need the hands size, but it’s nice because you want to hold onto them to play them at the right time. But at the same time, you don’t want to just have one stuck in your hand when you need something else.

Its an interesting idea, my worry is that while it might enable the cutlery events, it would make an already slow deck even slower.

Right now, my thinking is that you would want to use your ample hand size to turn on all the brain damage cards like stimhack, amped up, and stim dealer, and probably magnum opus because of all the memory, as a sort of anarch version of a stimshop. If the stims can get your rig up and going, and then medicate the damage for the rest of the game, it could be okay. The question I always come back to, like an Exile deck, is, “are all these moving pieces paying off?”