Janky ideas

Jihnteki RP - Unrezzed Midori + whatever ice on each central, Excalibur in hand. Install advance advance a naked agenda.

1 Like

Imp + Progenitor + Virus Breeding Ground. Infinite Imp counters.

And RSVP, of course!

Nisei Money Part II - Frog Juggling

Server 1: Whirlpool, Wormhole, Wormhole, Wormhole
Server 2 (Archives): Bull Frog, Bull Frog, Bull Frog

Initiate Run on Server 1:
False Lead -> Heinlin

1. Whirlpool to be stuck
  2. (Wormhole)->Bullfrog, spend 0, gain 1.
  3. (Wormhole)->Bullfrog, spend 0, gain 1.
  4. (Wormhole)->Bullfrog, spend 1, go to Server 2, net 0
  5. Bullfrog, spend 0, gain 1.
  6. Bullfrog, spend 0, gain 1.
  7. Bullfrog, spend 1, go to Server 1, net 0 (Go to step 3, as there are only 2 bull frog triggers on server 1 from now on.)

Infinite Money.

Rules Question? Does wormhole cause bullfrog to move or wormhole to move? It’s doable either way, you put wormhole on the inside if the bullfrog’s are doing the moving. Order doesn’t matter if wormhole moves.

— For faster money, sprinkle in snow flakes because you can still bid 0 on them, though this variant only works if bullfrog moves when wormhole execute’s its subroutine.

1 Like

How’s THIS for a janky idea, mother****ers?

12 Likes

Needs more RSVP, but I’m totally making some money from nisei one day.
An offer you can’t refuse (at 4 points) archives, +1 agenda point, again, +1 and again into, shi.kyu, shi.kyu, shi.kyu. shock, shock, shock.
Also, minelayer, minelayer, minelayer, wormhole, wormhole, wormhole, orion edge of world. In CI. For 14 brain damage. Unfortunately, that’s countered by 3 feedback filters and 3 public sympathy and box-e. So OP, right?

1 Like

Grail wouldn’t (shouldn’t?) cost influence in a neutral deck, now, is that overpowered, awesome, or needs to be thought of as a legitimate card ffg needs to make?

Dinosaurus, Sage, Switchblade, Omni Drive, memory as permanent str boost to sage. Time for a locker room shower with the guys, cause that’s a slam dunk!!!

1 Like

Chameleon with LLDS Processers and either Sahasrara or Cybosoft Mac Drives. Throw in Savior Faire if you’re especially awesome. May be especially good in a Kit deck.

Chameleon (SanSan cycle)
Shaper Icebreaker (not AI)
Cost 2
When you install chameleon, name either Sentry, Code Gate, or Barrier.
Return Chameleon to your grip when your turn is over.
1 credit: break subroutine on named type of ice.
Str 3

2 Likes

I’ve seen enough switchblade to not trust sentries even when they have no money.

I was thinking Chameleon + Personal Workshop. It’s pretty badass and all the other support cards also benefit from Workshop - LLDS, Dinosaurus, Datasucker, Clone Chip.

Play in a Chaos Stimshop shell with Lady to cover the really big barriers and you have a deck. Or play with Nasir.

3 Likes

Yeah, it won’t be hard to make Chameleon awesome, and it definitely will be strong in Nasir and will benefit from Chaos’s MU.

I was thinking it would help Kit not have to splash for a Sentry solution. Workshops are also really nice there because she has to rely primarily on Shaper econ.

Savoir Faire is a joke, but it qualifies my posting for this thread.

Au Revoir with Doppleganger. After you make a real run, get a free run to jack out for a credit. It’s almost as good as Desperado!

And two Au Revoir…that’s Magnum Opus! In CRIMINAL!

6 Likes

Nice. Played against a guy who used it with Snitch too. Gettin’ paid to check those cards.

That was me. …

3 Likes

Got a whole decklist this time:

Concussive Singularity

Andromeda: Dispossessed Ristie (Humanity’s Shadow)

Event (24)
3x Day Job (Order and Chaos)[color=#FF4500] •••[/color]
3x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
3x Easy Mark (Core Set)
3x Game Day (Breaker Bay)[color=#32CD32] ••••• ••••[/color]
3x Hostage (Opening Moves)
3x Legwork (Honor and Profit)
1x Networking (Humanity’s Shadow)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
2x Three Steps Ahead (The Spaces Between)

Hardware (2)
1x e3 Feedback Implants (Trace Amount)
1x Ekomind (All That Remains)[color=#FF4500] •••[/color]

Resource (16)
3x Bank Job (Core Set)
3x Fall Guy (Double Time)
1x Kati Jones (Humanity’s Shadow)
3x Security Testing (Honor and Profit)
1x Theophilius Bagbiter (Honor and Profit)
2x Tri-maf Contact (Honor and Profit)
3x Zona Sul Shipping (All That Remains)

Icebreaker (3)
3x Overmind (Honor and Profit)

15 influence spent (max 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Breaker Bay

Decklist published on NetrunnerDB.

needs more Sage

1 Like

I think this qualifies as janky. Jinsaku came up with this deck and I helped him tweak and test it for the last few weeks. He was supposed to play it at Store Champs yesterday, but he had to cancel and I ended up piloting it instead. 21-player tournament, I finished 6th in Swiss and made it up to 4th after the cut. I was admittedly a rather poor pilot of the deck. Cyberdex Virus Suite in a remote server murdered me one game. Had the combo go off in another game and accessed a Nisei Mk II, Nisei Mk II, Nisei Mk II, NAPD Contract, NAPD Contract, and Future Perfect in a single run… and lost because I had two credits and lost the psi battle. But, I had fun, regardless of the results.

Anyway, this is Jinsaku’s deck, so here’s the list and the excellent write-up that he did over at NRDB. Enjoy the jank.

Superdig, or “How to play Netrunner solitaire as a Runner”

Quetzal: Free Spirit (First Contact)

Event (21)

Hardware (5)

Resource (8)

Icebreaker (2)

Program (10)

15 influence spent (max 15)
46 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Order and Chaos

Decklist published on NetrunnerDB.

The goal of this deck is to draw out your deck while dropping out your rig and do one single R&D run for 25-30 cards by turn 10, which generally is enough to access your opponent’s entire deck.

This deck has gone through many iterations. It first started while I was playing around with Valencia Estevez: The Angel of Cayambe and Blackmail recursion. I quickly realized that multi-access would help a lot better, so I started focusing on that with Hivemind and Medium tricks, utilizing Surge and Virus Breeding Ground, which then evolved into a single Blackmail superdig deck.

It was consistently doing an R&D run for 25+ cards on turn 8 or 9, but it was super fragile. If my opponent used Oversight AI or removed their Bad Publicity, for example, the deck couldn’t overcome it. I started running Darwin, when coupled with Hivemind would give you a great icebreaker for one run. With the presence now of Eater everywhere, people will be running Swordsman. I had to account for that as it’s a hard counter to Darwin, so Mimic ended up forcing his way in, making the MU needed for the rig up to 7 and requiring Progenitor.

Now that I had the core of the deck built, I looked at the ID. Valencia Estevez: The Angel of Cayambe didn’t make much sense anymore. The 50 deck size and the extra space required for Blackmail when I had to put in workarounds for when it didn’t work anyway allowed me to look into alternate Anarch IDs.

Unfortunately, for a superdig deck, none of the IDs had any relevant abilities nor more than 15 influence. Noise was the closest, but I’m looking to do one big R&D run. I don’t want a smaller R&D or a bunch of Agendas in the archives.

I ended up settling on Quetzal: Free Spirit. She’s the only one with a semi-relevant ability.

This deck has gone through hundreds of simulated games (the deck plays solitaire) and a dozen iterations and is very difficult to play correctly.

Again, the goal of the deck is to do one multi-access run for your opponent’s entire R&D, or at least as close as you can get to it. This deck will draw itself out by turn 10 unless you have extraordinary bad luck, or play the deck incorrectly. About half of the time, it’ll happen turn 9. Sometimes, it’ll work out perfect and happen on turn 8.

How to play:

The money and card draw in the deck is very tight. The overlying goal for the deck is to minimize clicking to draw a card or gain a credit. Generally, these scenarios are preventable, but it definitely can happen that a math mistake on turn 3 can cause you to miss your window on turn 9.

Your opening hand should have both a money card (except Daily Casts or Prepaid VoicePAD) and a draw card. If not, you should mulligan. At worst case, you need a draw card in your opening hand to prevent clogging (Diesel is obviously best, but Express Delivery or I’ve Had Worse are also good.

Every turn, at the start of your turn, you need to make sure you have at least 5 credits (including any credits on Prepaid VoicePAD). This will prevent you from having to click for credits.

Always draw first. Drawing correctly is the key to playing this deck. However, discard management is extremely important. This deck is very tight, and there are very few approved discards before turn 6 or 7. A second Grimoire is fine to discard, but you can never discard Hivemind, for example.

Playing with your hand size in this deck is an art form, and one of the keys to playing it correctly. You want to aim to always try to be as close to your hand size at the end of every turn. This allows you more options in subsequent turns. With 6 hand-size modifiers, you’ll generally have one early, and often two.

Dumping cards in your hand and building your rig while you go is very important. Often times, you’ll have a click or two left in your turn and not able to use a draw card for fear of discarding. This is when you drop your items. Same Old Thing and Progenitor are free, everything else in the deck costs 3. Managing your money is exceptionally tough, but as long as you don’t start a turn below 5, you should generally be good.

If you have no card draw and you don’t have an Earthrise Hotel in play with counters and you don’t have enough stuff in your hand for the number of clicks you have left and money available to put into play, that’s the only time you should click to draw. Every click to draw you take slows you down. This deck is all about click compression. Clicking to draw or clicking for a credit are always worse than the alternative.

This deck used to run 3 Surge, and your final turn would go something like this, assuming you had 4 of the 7 pieces of the rig out by then:

1. Mass Install the final 3 pieces of the rig.
  1. Surge Hivemind.
  1. Surge Hivemind.
  1. Amped Up (having Same Old Thing out in case your Stimhack or 3rd Surge gets brain damaged)
  1. Surge Hivemind.
  1. Stimhack R&D. You now have a minimum 8-9 strength Darwin to break through any ice, should have 5-8 cards in hand to deal with possible Snares and a few extra credits in the bank.

With Grimoire, 3 Medium with a token and Hivemind with 8, that’s a 28 card access.

The current version is a bit more stable. It cut a Surge and a Same Old Thing for two Incubators. The idea is, if you drop an incubator early, that saves the possibility of having to Amped Up on your run turn. If they purge viruses, even better, because that means that they’ve skipped a turn and you have more time.

In short, managing your resources in this deck is likely more difficult than most any other Netrunner deck. There are definitely some silver bullets to this deck (Cyberdex Virus Suite, Jinteki core, Housekeeping). This is as close to a runner version of a solitaire Netrunner game as you can get.

Some places you can tweak the cards around:

Prepaid VoicePAD is a very skill intensive card in this deck. You can change two out for Daily Casts and while you will have fewer choices early game, the deck will be simpler to play, albeit slightly slower.

You can swap out Incubator x2 back to a 3rd Surge and a second Same Old Thing. This makes for a more bursty last turn.

You can fit in a second Mass Install for click compression. This makes the deck also a bit easier to play but it’s tough to find room for the card.

Express Delivery x2 is in the deck in place of one Diesel. Express Delivery is specifically a last resort card to play if you have no other draw cards to go find an actual draw card. Express Delivery is click compression in this deck.

Good luck. I suggest running the deck in solitaire mode yourself a few dozen times to figure out the nuances. If you haven’t drawn out your deck, played your full rig and superdigging by turn 10 every game, turn 9 most games, and every once in a while on turn 8, you’re doing something wrong.

And uh… yeah, I’ve got nothing to follow that. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The first time I saw a Incubator + Hive Mind + Medium deck was a MaxX with 3 Personal Workshop. Some other cards that I remember: Deja Vu, Parasite (crazy good with Hive Mind) , Darwin, Stimhack, Progenitor, Grimoire, Fall Guy, Wyldside, Chop Bot (to kill your Wyldside), Joshua B. Every version I’ve seen since then hasn’t looked as good.

1 Like

Single copy of Chum protecting The Twins with two other copies of Chum in hand. Add in The Foundry to cut down the number needed in hand to 1!