[Jesminder Sareen] No, Masanori Doesn't Work

oh man this x1000

I would keep the RDI’s, they enhance Maya and Jasminder ability so much

1 Like

Yeah i was definitely thinking of taking stealth for a spin and seeing how it does compared to reg breakers. Probably back it up with siphon rather than vamp.

Completely agree about the RDI’s, i “almost” think they are redundant :wink: as maya can be pretty effective on its own. But really they are solid includes.

Icing HQ is the right call, no question about it, especially against Jes. What can her ability do turn 1? Mostly steal corp credits and leave the corp crippled, struggling to get back in the game. Against shaper, a single ICE won’t likely stop an SMC run, so double ICE on HQ keeps the corp in the game.

Even The Maker’s Eye hitting 2 agendas off R&D isn’t as bad as getting Vamp’d down to 0 credits on turn 1.

In conclusion, smart corp players make Jes’s ability harder to use, while Kate’s will fire pretty reliably.

That’s kind of the problem. Installing Maya and running twice or even three times if you’re lucky is not that great of a hit to the corp. I’ve been considering Indexing for that early pressure, but not sure it’s worth it.

1 Like

But makes way harder for them to defend R&D during first turns. Especially if runner drops Maya and moves all the ice they see to the bottom so that corp is less likely to draw into additional ice.

4 Likes

Well, the corp has to think whether you have Siphon or Indexing-Maker’s-RDI-Maya on turn 1, and both situations are not uncommon. Of course her ability is not as universally strong as Kate’s, but this is more a sort of ‘indirect’ advantage that shouldn’t be underestimated

1. Corp has to draw through R&D lock. Sitting back and waiting for the runner to stop will not work – I’ve tested this extensively.
  2. It is easier for the corp to draw through and find ICE, install it, and rez it on R&D and rez it ending R&D lock, than it is to rez ICE when the corp is on 0c.

R&D lock is still bad, but it’s better than going down to 0c. Most, if not all, corps can recover from giving up a few points out of R&D early more quickly than they can recover from 0c.

Finally, to deny the corp econ, most Jes decks have 4-5 cards to do this, so pretty good odds of seeing something on turn 1. Maya is a single card the runner can’t have more than 3 of (and often only 2), so the odds are better of a turn 1 siphon or vamp than a turn 1 Maya ICE denial.

In conclusion, R&D lock powered by Maya is less likely, and lower in severity than turn 1 econ denial. Therefore, ICEing HQ should be the priority.

“Keep hands with agendas, protect HQ, play assets, and let them do whatever they want on R&D” is pretty much how I play against Shaper anyways.

It’s like “go ahead, knock yourself out, pay 2 to Maker’s, 2/9 in HQ anyways.”

Code Siphon into Keyhole looks more and more tempting. Go ahead, leave R&D open…

5 Likes

Its too bad Keyhole doesn’t work with Maya much at all, otherwise that would be pretty awesome.

Might try Medium? But not sure what I would use for hand pressure that isn’t AS.

I tried 2x vamp, 1x siphon, 1x medium, 2x femme, 1x lady, 1x stimhack as an influence package for awhile, with MO for econ. It was solid, though without running resources Jes was purely a meta call. I ended up leaving it because it’s better in Kate, at least in a vacuum. Maya and medium is great, though.

This is the list that I have piloting on Jinteki.net. I have gone through many iterations, trying DDoS, vamp, stealth, the list goes on… I think it has some promise, but I am still getting used to piloting it. I’m typically an Anarch. Any feedback would be appreciated!

Jesminder Sareen: Girl Behind the Curtain (Kala Ghoda)

Event (20)

Hardware (12)

Resource (3)

Icebreaker (5)

Program (5)

11 influence spent (max 15-4☆=11)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Kala Ghoda

After some testing on a Jesminder-Siphon build, I find that stealth rigs, or a mix of stealth and regular breakers, takes just too much to set up, and she doesn’t have the economy for installing a lot of stuff. So I don’t think that the SMC+ clone chip route is the way to go, because it’s too expensive for her. I think that the best way to leverage her ability is to abuse code siphon into installing cheap, efficient breakers that allow to AS as soon as possibile. So I would drop the clone chip and the smc and put 3 test runs, 1 more scavenge and 3 code siphon. WIth the 3 influence left from cutting clone chip you can add Faust, which is incredible in jesminder, and add a Lady. Modded into Faust, code siphon into Lady or a code gate breaker is simply amazing, much more better than spending 6 for the barrier breaker. Faust singergizes well with the burst draw from diesel and quality time.

Economy wise, I think that mopus is too slow and you cannot build your rig fast enough while clicking for 2 credits. I prefer a combination of burts economy ( gamble+AS+ dirty laundry) and then ProCo and Kati.
Another thing that I noticed is that she needs other form of econ denial besides account Siphon, so paricia or scrubber might help, and political operative will be a nice add.

That said, if you want to go with the big rig+ SMC route, you need to include as many stimhacks as possible because they help immensely with installing Atman and Femme

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! I primarily kept clone chips in there to help recur clot and sharpshooters if necessary. How has been your experience against NEH FA? I have found it a difficult matchup as they are pretty siphon resilient.

I found it pretty good. Not having the clot doesn’t help, but usually you set up a very quick RD lock and as long as you trash the SSCG you should be fine. The most difficult matchup is foodcoats, just because establishing any sort of economic advantage is extremely difficult

This is what I am trying at the moment.

Jesminder Sareen: Girl Behind the Curtain (Kala Ghoda)

Event (26)
2x Account Siphon (Core Set) ••••• •••
3x Diesel (Core Set)
3x Modded (Core Set)
2x The Maker’s Eye (Core Set)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
3x Test Run (Cyber Exodus)
2x Scavenge (Creation and Control)
1x Levy AR Lab Access (Creation and Control)
3x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
1x Legwork (Honor and Profit) ••
3x Code Siphon (The Source)

Hardware (5)
2x Maya (Kala Ghoda)
3x R&D Interface (Future Proof)

Resource (7)
1x Kati Jones (Humanity’s Shadow)
3x Professional Contacts (Creation and Control)
3x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)

Icebreaker (6)
1x Femme Fatale (Core Set) •
1x Cyber-Cypher (Creation and Control)
1x Torch (Mala Tempora)
2x Cerberus “Lady” H1 (All That Remains)
1x Faust (The Underway) ••

Program (1)
1x Collective Consciousness (The Source)

13 influence spent (maximum 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Kala Ghoda

The deck is incredibly aggressive, digging rd for 6 with maya feels amazing and the synergy with Faust and Collective Consciousness is really nice, especially in the early game. Not sure about TME over some sort of assett denial ( Paricia) or some Upgrade hate ( councilman when it’ll be released). Any tips would be appreciated

No SMC for your 1of breakers? Your draw and Test Run is enough? I guess you femme ice on R&D then code siphon?

No SMC as I have enough draw power and tutoring combined
Code siphon + test run + cc make some good interaction. Either I test run and then Femme Ice on rd, or i Test run faust ( or lady, or cy cy depending on the matchup)…sometimes I use code siphon with no breaker at all, especially if the corp is low on money, so they have to choose whether rezzing is worth it or not. When I blind siphon with cc is even more interesting, because even if the rezzed ice is an etr i draw 1 card which isnt bad.
Usually in 3 turns I got lady, faust and femme or cy cy out.

I find smc just too expensive for Jesminder, even if it has the enormous advantage of isnta-tutoring clot, but with no clone chips it’s just not worth it, I prefer no smc and clot and play legwork instead.

The real problem of this deck is crisium-caprice on hq in the very early game. But I guess that councilman will solve the problem

Had to abandon her for now. Much potential though.