[Jesminder Sareen] No, Masanori Doesn't Work

Paying 2 cred, 2 MU, 2 clicks, and 4 inf to click for a card doesn’t sound great.

I think he’s talking about Code Siphon?

2 Likes

I was talking about code siphon but yeah, your point stands :smiley: CC is actually not that great especially with so much Faust hate around.

Stimshop it is then.

Or just bide my time til she gets something else that plays to her strengths.

How has stimshop been working for you? Do you play stimshop with Account Siphon, vamp or neither of the 2? So far stimshop has been really slow for me, same for vamp. Account Siphon jes has been ok so far, not tier 1 but not too bad either

Stimshop is about the same speed as vamp, which is too slow to be viable.

But it also is just better most of the time than click opus a million times.

Its probably a good thing shaper doesn’t really have access to a ton of extra clicks per turn, but damn do I wish that the collective was printed instead of Laramy Fisk right now.

It feels like Shaper needs another card that nets them clicks to make Opus even worth considering.

1 Like

Good call. That makes a lot more sense. :smile:

Jesminder Beckman Vamp (45 cards)

Jesminder Sareen: Girl Behind the Curtain

Event (19)
3 Diesel
3 Quality Time
2 Scavenge
2 Stimhack ••
3 Sure Gamble
2 Test Run
1 The Maker’s Eye
3 Vamp ••••• •

Hardware (7)
2 Maya
2 Plascrete Carapace
3 R&D Interface

Resource (8)
3 Personal Workshop
3 Rachel Beckman •••
2 Same Old Thing

Icebreaker (5)
2 Cerberus “Lady” H1
1 Cyber-Cypher
1 GS Shrike M2 ••
1 Torch

Program (6)
3 Magnum Opus
3 Self-modifying Code

Built with [URL=http://netrunner.meteor.com/decks/FMEWwHdK7QzZifPTf]http://netrunner.meteor.com/[/URL]

Here is the update of the Beckman deck. I got off the Faust train because it’s boring. I have no delusions about this being competitive, but it’s the best I’ve been able to make Jes so far.

It might need 3x Maya, because I’ve had to trash my Opus a few times if they are really rushing hard (won those games, but still worries me). 3x feels so gross though, I really don’t want to.

I also have run into situations where I wanted a femme (test run + vamp vs a rushing opponent with 1 hq ice unrezzed). I’ll add it if those situations keep coming up.

I’ve been to a working Beckman jes deck. Yum

I played against one at my store champ and it was rather effective against my Harp tagging deck. He also had one NACH to keep her online.

1 Like

So… anyone try a jam like this? Its not Haley, but its been pretty good in my testing so far.

Brahman Jes

Jesminder Sareen: Girl Behind the Curtain

Event (15)
2x Account Siphon ••••• •••
2x Code Siphon
3x Dirty Laundry
1x Levy AR Lab Access
1x Scavenge
3x Sure Gamble
3x Test Run

Hardware (4)
2x Maya
2x R&D Interface

Resource (15)
3x Daily Casts
1x Film Critic
2x London Library
3x Patron
3x Same Old Thing
3x Technical Writer

Icebreaker (6)
2x Brahman
1x Cerberus “Lady” H1 ☆
1x Cyber-Cypher
2x Femme Fatale ••

Program (5)
1x D4v1d ••••
2x DaVinci
2x Paricia

14 influence spent (max 15-1☆=14)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Salsette Island

Deck built on https://netrunnerdb.com.

Its rough and there are probably about five cards that need to change, but what do you all think? Suggestions? Criticisms?

1 Like

I have, but before Patron came out. It was slow with Proco instead of Patron, and I managed to fit in career fair and data folding, as I usually had 2 mu with Maya. Helps with the expensive stuff.

Soo… where are Jesminder right now, are there any good decks hiding somewhere?

The Mopus+Rachel Beckman+Vamp list by @TheBigBoy up in the thread is a ton of fun to play. I played it in a small tourney going -1 TME and +1 Maya, +1 Indexing (going to 46 cards, sue me), and it crushes a lot of things that aren’t FA.

I’m having some success with this list.

Indexing/Siphon are key, quite oftenly there’s a powerturn of siphon-indexing-run RD (clear tags).
80% of the games are won by indexing.

SMC and 7 creds more or less guarantee a succesful Siphon if only 1 ice on HQ.

Brahman has actually proven to be pretty good, even without specific cards to build around it.
It helps to pressure RD/HQ/scoring server while using Cycy (Cycy is needed against early Archangels which could bounce Proco).
It’s pretty good against Next Silver and semi-decent against Tour guide, which are troublesome ice for Lady/Mimic.
It’s more flexible than scavenge (tutorable!) and saves deckslots.
I do not play it every game but when I do it’s really good.

Mimic + NRE along with Atman 5 for Ichi / Assassin (or Vikram) stacking.
Always play NRE against HB/Palana
NRE is also great with Brahman

Deus ex and Sharpshooter to guarantee early aggression. Both break Assassin, Deus ex lets you run very safely last click with Jes.
Sharpshooter also vs early Ichi and Archer: Atman very oftenly ends up at 5 for Assassin.

Tech writers are needed to sustain momentum (most commonly after Levy)
Hyperdrivers are very flexible: they are mostly to accelerate but can also enable Siphon-same OT turns.
I tried modded instead of the Hdrivers but the deck felt too slow and econ is generally good as long as you know when to switch to mostly high-value runs.

The deck aims for early aggression (Indexing/Siphon) and swiches to control-mode/high value runs afterwards.

Event (10)
2 Account Siphon ●●●●●●●●
2 Dirty Laundry
2 Indexing
1 Levy AR Lab Access
3 Sure Gamble

Hardware (8)
2 Clone Chip ○○
2 Maya
1 Net-Ready Eyes
1 Plascrete Carapace
2 R&D Interface
Program (16)
1 Atman
1 Brahman
2 Cerberus “Lady” H1 ○○
1 Clot ●●
2 Cyber-Cypher
1 Deus X
3 Hyperdriver
1 Mimic ●
3 Self-modifying Code
1 Sharpshooter
Resource (12)
3 Daily Casts
1 Film Critic
3 Professional Contacts
2 Same Old Thing
3 Technical Writer

1 Like

46??? Heresy! You either go with 45 or 47 cards, 46 is the devil’s work! :wink:

I don’t really find Beckman that appealing. But Maybe -3 beckmans, -1 vamp, +1 account siphon, +1 maya, +1 indexing, +1 extra could be an option. Maybe change shrike to something else.

1 Like

Clearly, 54 is the devil’s work.

5 Likes

Stealth Jes v3

Jesminder Sareen: Girl Behind the Curtain (Kala Ghoda)

Event (14)
3x Account Siphon (Core Set) [color=#4169E1]●●●●● ●●●●● ●●[/color]
3x Diesel (Core Set)
1x Levy AR Lab Access (Creation and Control)
3x Modded (Core Set)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
1x The Maker’s Eye (Core Set)

Hardware (7)
1x Clone Chip (Creation and Control) [color=#32CD32]☆[/color]
3x Mirror (23 Seconds)
1x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)
2x R&D Interface (Future Proof)

Resource (14)
3x Daily Casts (Creation and Control)
1x Film Critic (Old Hollywood)
3x Ghost Runner (The Spaces Between)
2x Kati Jones (Humanity’s Shadow)
3x Professional Contacts (Creation and Control)
2x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)

Icebreaker (4)
1x Atman (Creation and Control)
1x Corroder (Core Set) [color=#FF4500]●●[/color]
1x Dagger (Creation and Control)
1x Refractor (First Contact)

Program (6)
3x Cloak (Creation and Control)
3x Self-modifying Code (Creation and Control)
14 influence spent (max 15-1☆=14, available 0)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to 23 Seconds

Decklist published on NetrunnerDB.

This is what I’m currently playing with now that the new MWL is out. I’ve done a bit of testing with it and I’m already thinking of the following changes based on suggestions from others and on what I’ve noticed:

-1 Mirror
-1 Clone Chip
-1 The Maker’s Eye
+1 PolOp
+1 SacCon
+1 Indexing
+1 Nach

bringing the total to 46 cards.

1 Like

I guess I don’t get why this isn’t either hayley or kate? best case jes saves this deck 5 clicks and ten credits, not unlikely case it saves 2 clicks and 4 credits or less

overall the deck concept seems fine (mirror and cloak being a peanut-butter and jelly combo) but it seems like hayley or Kate would both outpace the rate of return over Jes pretty significantly.

I guess the TLDR is that I like mirror with this deck, but I don’t know why you’d play Jes without Maya

1 Like

Because Data Raven, Argus, Snare, Spark credit denial decks, etc. are all still viable cards. The best case scenario of 5 clicks and 10 credits happens very frequently.

Being able to take Kati money or install a card, play account siphon, clear the tag and still be able to run the remote or R&D is something that only Jes can do.

Haley will set up faster, Kate will make installs cheaper (though over the course of a game her discount is equal to or only slightly ahead of Jes’ tag savings), but Jes is the shaper that has won me over. Losing the Maya does hurt because the disruption it caused was great, but the economic advantage gained by Mirror is often just as good. Maybe in the next version Maya will be back, but for now I think Mirror deserves some testing.