[Jesminder Sareen] No, Masanori Doesn't Work

The best use of Code Siphon I’ve found is early game (obviously) when there’s only one piece of ICE on R&D. Code Siphon with an SMC. If they rez, get the appropriate breaker and get a second one program from Siphon. If they don’t rez, you get to grab whatever program you wanted and keep your SMC handy.

So yeah! Not terrible, but situational at best. Jes just makes it slightly more playable because you don’t have to waste the resources you saved by clearing the tag. I wouldn’t include more than 2, and that’s probably pushing it.

1 Like

I use it to pull out a fem or to upgrade a cyber-cypher to torch. It’s still best when the corp is broke and R&D is double ICE to pull out high cost programs for cheap. I’m still trying out Jes, but I’ve had more success with code siphon out of Jes than I have had with Kit.

1 Like

Yeah, this seems legit. I don’t agree with it, but if Lukas said it works that who am I to argue, just some guy :slight_smile:

1 Like

I mean, it’s lights out to caprice + Ash and it lets you start dominating R&D. Want to fit in Medium and Crescentus so bad.

I was going to try this tonight, and probably be disappointed with it:

I couldn’t think of a good name; all I have is this deck.

Jesminder Sareen: Girl Behind the Curtain

Event (20)
3x Code Siphon
3x Diesel
1x Escher
1x Legwork ••
1x Levy AR Lab Access
2x Modded
2x Scavenge
1x Stimhack •
3x Sure Gamble
2x Test Run
1x Vamp ••

Hardware (4)
2x Maya
1x Net-Ready Eyes
1x Plascrete Carapace

Resource (11)
3x Daily Casts
2x Kati Jones
3x Professional Contacts
2x Same Old Thing
1x Utopia Shard •

Icebreaker (5)
1x Atman
2x Femme Fatale ••
1x Gordian Blade
1x Snowball

Program (5)
1x D4v1d ••••
1x Medium •••
3x Self-modifying Code

15 influence spent (max 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Kala Ghoda

Deck built on http://netrunnerdb.com.

If you’re trashing things I would think that Maya/Interfaces is enough to see a bunch of cards. And it wrecks defensive upgrades super hard, though that’s about to get even easier with Pol Op/Councilman.

Crescentus…ooh. That’s a thought.

1 Like

Things I want to know from this list: 1) is d4v1d doing enough work without clone chip, 2) is kati + proco too durdly, 3) tell me you get a sweet Vamp into Medium lock going. :smile:

Assuming I can actually get in games at the store tonight, I’ll let you know. My first guesses are 1) Probably not. 2) Probably but I like it more than Opus. 3) I wish.

I won’t be able to tell you anything about match-ups since everyone (read: 3 people at best) at my store plays either homebrews or watered down versions of established decks, but I’ll at least be able to tell you whether or not it functions.

No worries. I’m going to be testing mine tonight, and I’m taking it to the last pre-mwl SC in the area.

Ok, I’ll throw my hat in with the list I’m toying with for the last few days.

Denial of Tags

Jesminder Sareen: Girl Behind the Curtain (Kala Ghoda)

Event (21)
2x Account Siphon (Core Set) [color=#4169E1]••••• •••[/color]
3x Diesel (Core Set)
1x Escher (Creation and Control)
1x Levy AR Lab Access (Creation and Control)
2x Modded (Core Set)
3x Quality Time (Humanity’s Shadow)
2x Scavenge (Creation and Control)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
2x Test Run (Cyber Exodus)
2x Vamp (Trace Amount) [color=#FF4500]••••[/color]

Hardware (5)
2x Maya (Kala Ghoda)
3x R&D Interface (Future Proof)

Resource (7)
2x Film Critic (Old Hollywood)
2x New Angeles City Hall (Future Proof)
3x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)

Icebreaker (6)
1x Atman (Creation and Control)
1x Cyber-Cypher (Creation and Control)
1x Faust (The Underway) [color=#FF4500]••[/color]
1x Femme Fatale (Core Set) [color=#4169E1]•[/color]
1x Snowball (Trace Amount)
1x Torch (Mala Tempora)

Program (6)
3x Magnum Opus (Core Set)
3x Self-modifying Code (Creation and Control)
15 influence spent (max 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Kala Ghoda

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

I was surprised by how successful my CT econ denial deck worked, so I added 5 cards to make it into a Jes deck. I added Atman, Escher, Torch, and 2x Test Run. I’m thinking of swapping the test runs for Code Siphon, but I need to get some real testing in to see what works in this deck.

If I have trouble sticking Account Siphons, I may drop 1 or both of them and pick up D4v1d, and/or NRE.

If I had influence, I’d swap Snowball for Corroder; the 2c install and extra 1c to boost is a lot in a tight game.

Finally with so much MU in Maya, I’m thinking of tossing in Chakana. It’s obnoxious and makes to corp purge, this deck runs R&D anyways, so it should be good, right?

A bunch of these decklists have just no FA hate at all, while simultaneously running some combination of ProCo, Kati, and MOpus for econ. So either I don’t know how to play against NBN, or y’all are just folding to the train. What am I missing?

3 Likes

Don’t look at me, I slot the clot.

3 Likes

I totally understand why vamp is a powerful card; I just don’t know why anyone cares about a single vamp tag enough to pick an id. If an ID gives you 2 credits and a click back and that’s it over the course of the game, its probably not worth it. Include vamp, but you’ve gotta take advantage of siphon some other way. Maybe the right mix is 2 siphon, 1 vamp, 1 planned assualt and you use maya. Now we’re using the ability a lot more.

And that’s largely what I’m talking about: How Do We Use Her Ability Most Effectively? Such that it makes sense to actually play as her.

5 Likes

I think vamping without the downside is pretty nice, but the real ability is being able to use Maya. You get a good console that holds your opus and provides better R&D pressure in a way that in some cases is better than trashing the card in question.

That being said, siphon is amazing and Jes gets extra mileage out of it.

2 Likes

How are you only firing her ability once a game? It’s each run.

Got a rich corp? Run Siphon, then use all but two of those credits to vamp the corp into the ground, make a run on anything you want (even a rezed Data Raven!) because you can, then clear the solitary tag you took in all of that. That turn alone saved you 2 clicks and 4 credits and allowed you to do way more than any other runner could.

1 Like
  1. Test Run Femme R&D.
  2. Code Siphon

This is the reliable case where Code Siphon (outside of the corp just not rezzing) is straight up superior to SMC by Sure Gamble levels of savings. You can also Femme HQ and Account Siphon, and follow it up with Code Siphon on unrezzable R&D ICE. Even if you lose the Femme with no Scavenge, it’s a great play.

2-3x SMC + 2-3x Test Run + 2-3x Code Siphon + 2-3x Scavenge is a crazy tutoring suite.

Maya tags you each use and is great for sinking the cards the corp needs (like econ operations) in addition to making your R&D multi-access better.

1. Scavenge Femme onto Turing
  2. Make that remote feel bad
4 Likes
  1. Feel real bad, remote! You’re a bad remote.
7 Likes

I was specifically replying to a post where Chuft was saying he didn’t think Siphon was the way to play her.

Maybe… maya is good enough to want to run Sareen. That’d be the first console to ever pick its runner so well. Certainly vamp is good in shaper. I don’t know that the upside of avoiding the tags from maya and vamp only is enough on its own to justify Sareen.

I’m not sure that just going tagme or picking a more effective ID (kate) isn’t potentially better than playing as Jess. The only reason I want to play Jess is because everyone else is playing sync, argus, and snare and/or I’m playing enough tagging stuff that I’m going to get multiple turns of benefit. Maya + Vamp seems low impact to me on the value scale as far as “do I care about these tags”. My econ engine is already Opus and not susceptible to tagging…