[Jesminder Sareen] No, Masanori Doesn't Work

I’ve tested code siphon quite a lot, and the deck I ran it in had 2 femmes, lots of 4 cost things, and atman. The key to opening aggressive is have 8-12 hard hitting events that put the corp on the back foot turn 1. I would test run femme on HQ, siphon, code siphon RnD, then scavenge femme as needed. Turn 1 +5 credits, and MO and femme on the board.

Also shoving in indexing for the turns where you can’t even mull into the siphons, but still get test run, you can score 2-4 points easily turn 1. This was a chaos theory deck so getting 2 pieces in the opener was more likely then.

Start with 2-3 Asiphon, 2-3 Csiphon, 3 indexing, 2 femme, 3 test run 3 scavenge and 3 SoT. Probably NACH+FC as our scorch protection. Yea you’ll likely float tags SOME turns, but in honesty, its not all that risky if you understand how much corp cards cost. Even if you only hit a 2 cost program with code siphon, the free tutor is a fine gain.

You probably want levy or 2 but first swing:

jessiphon

Jesminder Sareen: Girl Behind the Curtain (Kala Ghoda)

Event (22)

Hardware (5)

Resource (8)

Icebreaker (7)

Program (3)

14 influence spent (max 15-1☆=14)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Kala Ghoda

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

Indexing works with Maya and the RDI if you have it, to help you bottom cards you care about, that way its targeted rather than random. Sure lots of indexing foils exist, but you have opus and femmes, go check the face downs. Siphon also.

1 Like

So it looks like I’m going to get zero games in tonight. I should have expected it actually; the game’s been dying a fair bit at the store.

I guess I’m taking the deck blind, which sucks, but I’ve done it before.

why not “Sipheen” ?

4 Likes

So I finally got around 3 games with the deck, and I was right; I was very disappointed with it. I switched to the Opus build after Game 1 when I couldn’t find Contacts or Kati, under the notion that I could at least Test Run/Code Siphon Opus.

While I had natural Opus almost every game, I also drew almost all of my programs by Turn 4, blanking the Code Siphons and a general purpose of what I wanted to do with the deck. The times I got to Vamp was game breaking, as Vamp usually is. I barely saw Siphons, but I can at least say that Siphon into Vamp is dirty and made me happier than it probably should. SoT Siphon, Vamp, remove tag/run remote is very powerful; that and Maya (which is fucking bonkers, by the way) are the only reasons I’m going to keep pursuing the deck. Code Siphon is in the realm of Christmasland that I haven’t been able to take advantage of yet.

I played against Argus more than anything, which is a joke of a matchup when you can just avoid the tag the ID gives you. At least it would be a joke if I could keep them off Archer; there’s no clean answer to it other than a dedicated Femme, which you have to spend 13-15 credits digging out and breaking. Then again, it’s Archer; Sharpshooter is the only “clean” answer. Still haven’t played against the boogeyman decks though, but I got data on how the deck wants to function, which was kind of the point anyway.

1 Like

I know influence is tight but is multithreader worth a look for Jes? It seems like it would offset the opportunity cost of Code Siphon beyond the early game and in conjunction with femme lets you get in for next to nothing.

Only downside would be having to get extra mu to run beyond 1, but I think an akamatsu would alleviate the mu concerns and make multithreader a justifiable include if you can find the influence.

@x3r0h0ur I know you love Chameleon (I see it in a lot of your shaper decks). What situations do you use it in? Is it mainly serving here as the backup to Lady for barriers?

when you need access now, firing off haymaker events, protecting a breaker from destroyers, or damaged away/destroyed programs. Its flex as a 1 of.

We had a Jesminder mirrormode her way up to 2nd place in a 34-player SC here in MI yesterday. Maya and Artist Colony did a ton of work. I think it was on MOpus / Vamp.

8 Likes

Were they also playing fan site with it? I keep going back and forth on that card.

Congrats to the winner!

MOpus/vamp huh? Not a single Siphon? Very interesting!

I really want to see that list.

2 Likes

Working on getting it :slight_smile:

7 Likes

In case you didn’t see it, Ryan posted it here: 2016 Store Championships in Michigan, U.S.A - #30 by greyfield along with some thoughts about how it performed and what he expects from it down the road.

3 Likes

[quote=“gumOnShoe, post:161, topic:6628”]
Maybe… maya is good enough to want to run Sareen. [/quote]
My experience so far is that Maya is the real deal. Anyone wanting more than 5 memory in shaper should be looking hard at this card, because it can make it very hard to get out of rnd lock or find your combo prices as the corp. That said, it’s hard to say if Jessminder is really the best ID for it. I think you’re right that to justify her you have to be expecting some tags to come your way from the corp matchups as well, otherwise Hayley or Kate simply do more work.

2 Likes

I hate being that guy, but yeah, shaper needs more “tag me while I’m running” I think…

Noisy breakers? :o

(fake)

3 Likes

A similar ONR card:

The ONR Noisy / Stealth dichotomy was undercooked, IMO—if you wanted to go noisy it was pretty easy to avoid putting stealth cards in your deck, so losing credits from them wasn’t a huge deal.

6 Likes

So, here is my list.

Event (21)
2x Stimhack (Core Set) ••
2x Account Siphon (Core Set) ••••• •••
3x Diesel (Core Set)
3x Modded (Core Set)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
2x Quality Time (Humanity’s Shadow)
2x Scavenge (Creation and Control)
1x Levy AR Lab Access (Creation and Control)
3x Code Siphon (The Source)

Hardware (5)
2x Maya (Kala Ghoda)
3x R&D Interface (Future Proof)

Resource (8)
1x Scrubber (A Study in Static) •
3x Daily Casts (Creation and Control)
2x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)
2x Symmetrical Visage (The Valley)

Icebreaker (6)
1x Corroder (Core Set) ••
1x Mimic (Core Set) •
2x Atman (Creation and Control)
2x Cyber-Cypher (Creation and Control)

Program (5)
1x Datasucker (Core Set) •
1x Paricia (Creation and Control)
3x Self-modifying Code (Creation and Control)

15 influence spent (maximum 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Kala Ghoda

Really simple plan, try to speed up the set up as much as possible with a combination of moddedd, code siphon, stimhack plus smc. Account Siphon and Maya are pretty self-explanatory and paricia works as a second pseudo-scrubber. Not sure if I should cut the corroder for something else, perhaps clot, but I decided to forego the clone chips.
Any tips? So far the deck seems ok, Maya is really incredibile

So, I tried to find self-tagging that Jes dodges, because you can’t rely on the Corp to tag you to get benefit from your ID. Account Siphon, Code Siphon, Maya, Security Nexus, and Vamp are the best options

I dismissed Account Siphon for being too much inf and only half-efficiency with Sareen. I can only choose between Maya or Nexus, can’t do both.

Code Siphon has an odd problem in that it only gives you benefit if you either made it so they can’t rez their ICE, or else you can already Break your way in. And if you can already Break in, what are you getting with Code Siphon? My answer? Keyhole.

Punk Rock Poser

(Because she’s already got the colorful hair, so let’s pretend to be MaxX!)

Event (20)

Hardware (5)

Resource (9)

Icebreaker (4)

Program (7)

15 influence spent (max 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Kala Ghoda

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.
(Those could be Maya, not Astrolabe. Maya doesn’t work with Keyhole is why I started with Astro.)

The other problem that Sareen has is the same thing as being Criminal: Corp automatically ICEs up HQ against you, assuming there’s Vamp or worse coming.

The game plan is to get an Eater/Keyhole lock going quickly, and by the time they realize that’s my plan and ICE up R&D, the plan is to shift to HQ and Vamp/Escher them into making it nice and easy again. This is why I’ve slotted the really bad Run-duration strength breakers; Escher is my plan to open R&D up again. Code Siphons remain useful after I have Eater/Keyhole, slowly letting me pick up the long-term parts of the deck.

And I have a reset button named Apocalypse. Which seems to work since no one expects a turn that starts with Dirty Laundry Archives, Vamp HQ, run R&D, to end with Apocalypse.

After playing it a couple times, I think I need to just sit and mash the Opus button more and wait for the opportune time to Vamp…

2 Likes

Just came in to say that her hair is amazing, and I love the title of this thread.

You should all just play Kate instead :stuck_out_tongue: You know it in your heart to be true.

6 Likes

Right now, this has not been my experience at all. Pretty much everyone ICEs up R&D first, which makes sense considering a turn-1 vamp is not as bad as turn-1 Siphon, which few people seem to run (for good reason).

You should all just play Kate instead You know it in your heart to be true.

What is this, 2015? Get your ability that is useful every turn outta here!

2 Likes