Jinteki Biotech

I’ve been playing an Accelerated Diagnostics Biotech deck and the advantage you get from The Tank is that you don’t have to use your Jacksons to keep agenda points out of Archives. Once you reach a critical mass of cards in Archives you can spend you turn shuffling cards back into R&D to keep from losing the game to an easy poke into Archives. Not the strongest thing in the world (esp. since it takes your whole turn) but you also get the advantage of your opponent thinking you’re playing Greenhouse and Brewery.

Have you teched anything for the Greenhouse or Brewery side yet? Or are you only trying to get the Tank to work?

I made a deck that was meant to work for all three flipsides, but it ended up being a better Brewery deck than anything else. That deck oddly enough also used Accelerated Diagnostics in order to burn through the deck quickly and make the doubles in the deck more efficient.

After my embarrassing initial elation crashed to the ground (see original post in this thread) I was pretty unimpressed with this ID. Despite that, I like to try most new IDs because I like the puzzle solving aspect of Netrunner.

I played this deck last night:

Jinteki Biotech: Life imagined

Agenda (10)
2x Braintrust
2x Genetic Resequencing
3x Nisei MK II
1x Philotic Entanglement
2x The Future Perfect

Asset (10)
3x Jackson Howard •••
2x Melange Mining Corp.
1x Psychic Field
2x Shock!
2x Snare!

Upgrade (2)
2x Caprice Nisei

Operation (12)
2x Biotic Labor ••••• •••
2x Celebrity Gift
3x Hedge Fund
2x Neural EMP
1x Subliminal Messaging
2x Sweeps Week ••••

Barrier (4)
2x Ashigaru
1x Himitsu-Bako
1x Wall of Static

Code Gate (4)
1x Chum
1x Lotus Field
2x Yagura

Sentry (6)
2x Cortex Lock
1x Komainu
2x Pup
1x Shinobi

Other (1)
1x Kitsune

The deck went 2-2. Both wins were on kind of lucky flatlines (including a Shinobi kill–first time ever!). I played against Noise three times (4th being against MaXX) so data is a bit skewed–because two of the three times vs Noise I used the “shuffle archives into R&D” power (the least fun one).

The deck felt underpowered, albeit pretty fun. I did get to Biotic Labor out a Nisei score, but couldn’t keep ice on the board (played against Parasite all night). I think what I’d like to do to my decklist above is add more net damage threat (probably go up to 3 Komainu, maybe some Data Mines), as that seemed to be the strongest avenue.

Caprice Nisei is hard to stick in an ice-light deck. I got her rezzed behind Ashigaru a few times, but couldn’t protect centrals and at the same time try to score agendas.

The most frustrating thing about this ID is having your ID power locked in and then wishing mid-game you had one of the other powers instead as some opportunity presents itself!

I might make some changes and give it another week, but the ID is certainly not Replicating Perfection.

Its the ID of Regret. Wishing you chose other flips is commonplace and super funny how often it evokes that feeling.

3 Likes

So I tested a bunch of versions of this ID. I tried Mushin No Shin ambushes with ToL. I tried ice light with tons of unadvanced ambushes and the FA agendas. I tried pure Greenhouse focused with tons of econ. This is the deck I’ve settled on.

Introduction to Splicing

Jinteki Biotech: Life Imagined (The Valley)

Agenda (9)
3x NAPD Contract (Double Time)
3x Nisei MK II (Core Set)
3x The Future Perfect (Honor and Profit)

Asset (8)
3x GRNDL Refinery (Fear and Loathing) ••••• •
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) •••
2x Project Junebug (Core Set)

Upgrade (4)
1x Ash 2X3ZB9CY (What Lies Ahead) ••
3x Caprice Nisei (Double Time)

Operation (9)
3x Celebrity Gift (Opening Moves)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
3x Mushin No Shin (Honor and Profit)

Barrier (6)
1x Ashigaru (Up and Over)
3x Eli 1.0 (Future Proof) •••
1x Himitsu-Bako (Opening Moves)
1x Wraparound (Fear and Loathing)

Code Gate (6)
1x Chum (Core Set)
1x Enigma (Core Set)
1x Inazuma (Honor and Profit)
1x Lotus Field i[/i]
2x Yagura (Fear and Loathing)

Sentry (6)
1x Cortex Lock (The Valley)
3x Komainu (Honor and Profit)
1x Swordsman (Second Thoughts)
1x Tsurugi (True Colors)

Other (1)
1x Excalibur (The Source)
15 influence spent (max 15)
21 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Valley

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

It is as hybrid as I can make it while still being good. I have won with all three IDs.

The core game plan is very similar to RP. Score your Nisei behind taxing ice with the help of Caprice or Ash or just find a scoring window. In addition, you can use Greenhouse to score the first Nisei. This is super effective. Runners are hesitant to run your taxing remote every time you install something. Even with Greenhouse, though, I often score the first Nisei the normal way.

On the side, you can Mushing No Shin a Junebug or GRNDL Refinery (or an agenda). I usually MNS + advance to 4 every card. Makes it scarier, or just kills them. Plus a 4 advanced Cerebral Overwriter opens up the straight Brewery kill. (Past versions of this deck included Overwriter, and it is still a valid option) A 4 - 6 advanced Refinery through MNS is serious bank. Just one will probably fund you for the game.

The ice suite can be modified to taste. Komainu is great with Brewery. Ashigaru is surprisingly effective as the bottom piece of remote ice. Eli is as always amazing.

I feel like Snare! has a place in here, and would certainly surprise the runner. I should probably swap out one piece of ice for one.

You can play any of the IDS. Versus Shaper I choose Greenhouse, because of stupid Deus Ex. (Jinteki is dead, alright? Give it a break!) Versus Noise play Tank. Yes, Tank just destroys Noise. I feel bad for the guy. Versus anyone else, play what you like. I enjoy choosing Brewery, because it’s fun. I haven’t played against any Feedback Filter Criminals, so I don’t know how it would fare there. But I imagine 4 advanced Junebugs put a dent in their economy.

So, that’s what I’ve got. It’s fun and wins a lot, but I haven’t played it in any tournaments yet (trying to collect my set of alt art Blades).

8 Likes

I think everyone is ignoring the ability to take a mushined braintrust, flip the ID and score it for a braintrust +2 agenda counters. For the rest of the game you save 2 on rez costs of ice. Imagine that.

5 Likes

For the same number of clicks, GRNDL Refinery gets you 18 credits, doesn’t use up your flip, and doesn’t give the runner 2 points if they run it. Do you have more than 9 pieces of ice to rez from that moment on for Braintrust to be better?

(Scoring Braintrust does give you 2 agenda points, however.)

1 Like

I have an idea, when I’m making posts that are sarcastic asshole posts, I’ll put them in italics

4 Likes

Very well, you got me. And reminded me why I don’t post on Stimhack.

1 Like

No, please keep posting!

I have been having fun with Biotech–I think all my wins have been flatlines. Twice with Shinobi and once with Cortex Lock, once with a Snare into Neural. Haven’t fired off the ID powers too much. I lost to Noise several times despite picking the archives shuffling ID.

3 Likes

The deck on the front of Netrunner DB looks interesting, I want to try it once I’ve exhausted Nisei Division. I think the archives ability is junk honestly. It’s too slow even to be useful against Noise - in the turn that you skip using it they can throw down a couple more viruses or parasite open a server.

100% agree on the Noise matchup. Greenhouse is best, as it gives you that edge to be able to rush out an agenda quickly and cheaply. Tank is way too slow; unless your whole deck and gameplan revolve around it, it will feel like a waste.

The ID is so much fun though.

Are you having success with a particular Nisei Division list? as much as I love the ID and tried to get it to work, I never could. I think it needs some more powerful psi cards to be released.

I played a couple games so far with a variant of that build. Like it. When you get the Valley Grid server up it is a thing of beauty.

Just wonder how much beach party is gonna show up to balance that out a bit.

Is there anything I’m missing that make Valley Grid better in Biotech than other IDs?

Not particularly. But Biotech does have the nice caveat that it can both bluff never advance nisei mk 2s AND threaten a flatline on a 3/4 deep server with a valley grid.

It could work out of RP in a flatline deck, rather than a purely taxing deck or out of PE in a glacier build… but PE isn’t really the ID to run for glacier.

Some people have even tried Valley Grid in Weyland to help out with flatlines. The reduced hand size helps quite a bit against Anarch, but its really tough to protect Valley Grid.

Cool, thanks for posting :slight_smile:

What I love about your deck is the way Mushins can be used to set up a kill, or function as an economy card depending on the matchup. I feel like you’ve captured the spirit of the ID nicely.

I have been working on a pure Greenhouse rush build since that ability seems universally useful. Do you think the same agenda suite is optimal there, or are smaller agendas like Medical Breakthrough good as well?

1 Like

I really appreciate your deck. I might even sleeve it up today along with some Breaker Bay testing deck.

But come on, grow some skin. Two troll posts joking about Braintrust and it’s all out the window?

I’d like to state that it is a good deck, and from a guy who knows what he is talking about on this front. I only hate braintrust thats all.

1 Like