Should Beginners Post Decklists?

Hi,

this time my first corp deck. So i started with the identity. I took Replication Perfection cause I think it’s a great idea to force the runner to do one run on the central server before he/she can run on the remote server. I will try to let the runner pay for the permission to run on the remote servers.

I only have 18 ice i hope this will be enough. I couldn’t take more ice, cause i dont wanna remove other cards (maybe 1 or 2 agends, but thats not allowed :D). So my ice are 2 barriers Bastion and Wall of Thorns. The first is a cheap one and the other should help to damage the runner. Same with the 3 sentries: Guard (cheap sentry which counters femme fatale or inside job), Neural Katana (cheap without an ‘end run’ routine, but with damage so the runner wont ignore it) and Shinobi (a more expensive sentry which ruins the runners grip or cash). At least 4 code-gates: Enigma (forces the runner to loose a click, if installed on central servers, where the runner has to run first, should it be nasty if the runner hasn’t enough credits or th right icebreaker), Inazuma (also cheap, should be the outermost ice to push the follwing ice; enigma or some damage ice), Datapike (either ends the run, or let’s the runner pay, less money for trashing or tracing) and at least Lotus Field (immun vs parasite).

I have 10 agendas, which are 20 points worth: I have Medical Breakthrough, cause i think it will be easier the more and more are scored, even if the first goes to the runner. The second agenda is NAPD Contract. It’s more difficult to steal from the runner. And this, even if he steals it, will help me to dominate the runner. Nisei MK II is nice Jinteki agenda, which should frustrate the runner. If the runner goes through an ice with a lot damage (cause of less credits, and wanting a succsessful run) i can still end it. At least Philotic Entanglement. Should be advanced in the late game.

To save my nice agendas i have 9 assets which can be advanced, are ambushes or just give me money: Pad Campaign for money, Edge of World is an ambush with a nice image and name :slight_smile: (hope it hurts :D), Project Junebug as an evil trap and at least Zaibatsu Loyalty to hide my assets and ice for the expose abilities of the runner.

So at least Upgrades and Operations. I have only 3 Upgrades, cause i didnt find some upgrade which fits in my concept. i have Akitaro Watanabe (the most expesive ice should be here, to get it easier in to play) and Hokusai Grid (dealing damage, when there is a successfull run, there are much oppurtunities for this :D). So now the 4 operations and i’m finish with texting you (this time). I have Biotic Labor, to get an agenda instant advanced. Hedge Fund for more money. With Trick of Light i can move the advanced tokens form junebug (which the runner wont acces if its revealed) to my agenda in one turn. At least Neural EMP for more damage.

here the decklist:
Jinteki

Jinteki: Replicating Perfection (Trace Amount)

Agenda (10)
3x Medical Breakthrough (Honor and Profit)
3x NAPD Contract (Double Time)
3x Nisei MK II (Core Set)
1x Philotic Entanglement (Honor and Profit)

Asset (9)
2x Edge of World (Cyber Exodus)
3x PAD Campaign (Core Set)
3x Project Junebug (Core Set)
1x Zaibatsu Loyalty (Core Set)

Upgrade (3)
1x Akitaro Watanabe (Core Set)
2x Hokusai Grid (Humanity’s Shadow)

Operation (9)
2x Biotic Labor (Core Set) ••••• •••
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
2x Neural EMP (Core Set)
2x Trick of Light (Trace Amount)

Barrier (4)
2x Bastion (Creation and Control)
2x Wall of Thorns (Core Set)

Code Gate (8)
2x Datapike (Creation and Control)
2x Enigma (Core Set)
2x Inazuma (Honor and Profit)
2x Lotus Field (Upstalk)

Sentry (6)
2x Guard (Honor and Profit)
2x Neural Katana (Core Set)
2x Shinobi (Double Time)

8 influence spent (max 15)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Upstalk

1 Like

Sorry for being rude, but please stop flooding forums with your decklists:)

Maybe there is a misunderstanding here.

First of all, not a bad word about the netrunner community. I used to be a new player and I can tell you there are a lot of good helpfull people here. (it’s a great forum)

Most of them are always happy to help with deckbuilds, like I was trying to help you with the Ken-deck.

I think there is a misunderstanding with what the site is for. This site is not made for posting decks you made (unless you won a big tournament with it). The best site for stuff like this is NetrunnerDB. You can post your deck and often people will try to help you with your deck (like: try to add … , run more ice…, have you thought about that card,…). Imo this is the site for your decks to be and I hope people will respond :slight_smile:

Stimhack is more about new competitive archtypes. Where somebody post an idea of a deck and discuss it (see: redcoats, yellow jackets, keystone, cambridge jinteki). The second use is for ingame strategie and I think the site with its users are doing a good job.

Never had any problems with people on this site not even with my bad English :slight_smile:

I really hope you will try out NetrunnerDB and hope to see you more on this site for interresting discussions.
And please never attack the Netrunner community again.

5 Likes

Ok sry then. i searched via google and looked for a good NR forum. There arent as much and big as others. And sry for my rude answer. but ive seen much bad in forums (especially 40k) and seen how it could be much better (especially X-Wing). And if he had said, that here is only for this purpose it would be other. i dont want to attack the whole community, but as i mentioned i had too much bad experience and got careful if i see such answers.

first of all tkundnobody welcome to stimhack. i feel someone should say that to you before you come away with the impression that this site is a bunch of elitist jerks. its not.

second - the decklists tab last time i moused over it says " post up decklists and discuss them here". it does not say only post a decklist if you won a tournament.

third - stimhack aside the reason i have played netrunner since 2012 is largely in part because of the awesome online and real life community surrounding the game. communities thrive when there is constant influx of new members and ideas and excitement for the game. communities wither and die when the existing members forget this and start closing doors. don’t close doors.

tkundobody i don’t have much advice for your deck except i think you are going to have trouble with your economy. its takes an incredible amount of credits and clicks to spring traps/rezz ice and fast advance agendas. if you look at most successful decks they choose 1 or 2 things they want to do well. if you try to add in a third i think you will find the deck does nothing well enough to consistently win games…

you may want to look into getting your hand on 3x sundews and 3x mental health clinics both cards do a lot to help shore up replicating perfections economy.

1 Like

Nevertheless let’s look at the deck :slight_smile:

First of all this is not a damage deck (no snare, no shock, no fetal, no house of knives, no PE,…)
But this could work as well.

You could go two ways with this deck: RP glacier (Regionals – Redcap’s Corner, Philadelphia 2014 (86 players) - StimHack) or a weird kind of never/FA advance. I will talk about the last one because it is less common.

Agenda

Maybe cancel the nisei because this will be a hard one to score this way. I would add a braintrust as a blank 3/2. You could run two one-pointers and one less NAPD but that is a difficult decision, the clone retirement could help you win faster by FA, gila could help you with you econ.

Asset

The best part of RP, they will have to spend an extra click/run to check your remotes :slight_smile:
So go for your econ in assets. Pad is ok, but mental health clinic is even better run it!
Sundew is the best card for RP, defend it a bit and you will be so rich.
Sadly you cant run junebug because you will never leave an advanced card in a remote
Last but not least where is the Netrunner God: Jackson Howard
If you don’t think he is good Netrunner Episode IV: A New Hope - StimHack

Upgrades

Sansan could help
Caprice is always great to defend RD (weak point in FA)

Operation

No damage anymore so no EMP, maybe play a third ToL

Ice

Go for taxing ice and a bit of early stopping power against siphon and for sundews
Also add shadow or ice wall to be able to use Trick of light.

Basic deck idea.
Get your econ going with asset econ and a defended sundew. While you’re installing assets try to sneak an agenda (called a ‘Marmot’). Just install it like a PAD and score it one of the next turns :slight_smile:
Defend your RD maybe with caprice. HQ a bit and one server where you’re installing annoying cards. Bait runs with Jacksons and then use him, install sansan to FA and tax or just sneak out agenda.

Don’t want to change too much but that’s how i would do it and i think it will be a fun deck.

You said you’re ill and unable to play. Have you tried OCTGN. You can play netrunner online for free. Just watch the starting video and create a game with the name (new to octgn). Somebody will join and help you through octgn :). When you play online like 50% of the people will be willing to stay after the game for a couple of minutes to have a little chat about the decks and improvements.

This has to be my longest post :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I guess you’re talking about my post here so let me explain what I mean.

If you win a tournament most stimhackers will post it in the tournament winning decklist.
Sometimes people will post a deck and ask discussion and help wich is fine and people will try to help.
I think Bjester was just scared that you would post every deck you will make (and that is obviously not the plan) so I recommended netrunnerdb to post a mass of decks.
Personally I’m not against these posts but I understand what bjester means.

I would say this is the same as the trading post problem we had, where everybody posted a new post about his cards instead of using one global post. Also see the streaming post.

Maybe it would be better to have one global post for your new decks then having ten different. Quit sure nobody would have problems with spamming new decks for advice there.

i was just disappointed that the first responses to someone trying to learn the game seemed so dismissive. it was not just your post but the collective responses in both of his deck threads that bothered me. the netrunner player base is strong right now but there is no guarantee it will be so in the future. 2 years ago getting into netrunner was easy. at the end of the year there will be 3 full cycles and 3 big box expansions. the barrier to entry will be daunting and who knows how many new players will feel like trying to play catch up.

netrunner db is great but it was also not an option a couple weeks ago.

1 Like

It’s hard to balance. An environment that is harsh to its newbies drives them off. Then it withers and dies. An environment that fawns over its newbies breeds help vampires. Then the veterans get burned out and/or leave looking for the higher-level discourse.

It’s ok to post your deck lists if you have won major tournaments with them I think … Not for random feedback or trying to improve … (Troll post)

God forbid someone post a deck and you have to look at it on your screen. If the amount bother you on this already super low post frequency board, you probably should just stop coming here. Or you could ignore them. I don’t understand why you would be a prick to someone seeking help with a deck, or really at all to anyone here.

I’ll apologize on behalf of BJester, tkundnobody. I don’t think he speaks for the vast majority of people here or in the Netrunner community. I would offer that if the consensus is that this forum is more for discussing already establish archetypes and tuning them, then feel free to post out on Boardgame Geek or NetrunnerDB.com. Those communities are more open to casual and developing decks than this community .

You don’t have to apologize on my behalf. I stand by my point I feel his/her topics were flooding the forum.

I never stated this forum should be used for heavy competitve decks only or isn’t beginner friendly. The only thing I said on this post which then exploded in a heavy discussion unrelated to the topic(maybe make a new topic if this continues) is the sheer amount of new topics were created by the OP of decks which arent tested(as mentioned in one of his earlier topics) in order to flame up a discussion. I feel there are better sites for these needs

I’m happy to help everyone and if it didn’t feel that way, I guess I should apologize to tkundnobody if he/she felt I came on rude. I thought my smileyface would tip off my not so serious take on this post.

1 Like

I think its fine for people to post WIP decks, with the caveat that its probably a good idea to keep it to one thread. That way people who are interested can easily locate the discussion and it doesnt clog up the boards with a lot of unnecessary threads.

1 Like

Sry, guys. I didnt want to start a principle discussion. If all feel better i can reduce my 7 threads (1 for alle faction) to 2 threads (1 runner, 1 corp). I never wanted to blame the whole community, but i feared the com could be bad as the 40K com. Am really happy it isnt.

When i have more exp i would give some back to the community, but at the start am a bit helpless

Don’t underestimate the creativity of a new player. A fresh insight could help us all (looking at the astrobioticers).

1 Like