Jinteki.net discussion

No, there is no such workaround, sorry.

This is a fiendishly difficult card to do, because of the way access on the different central servers is handled differently (in site code terms) from remotes. I’ve had a couple attempts at it and given up.

1 Like

I won’t pretend to know the underlying code, but couldn’t you do something to base it off Medium somewhat? That card checks to see how many you can access beforehand, doesn’t it? Maybe that, but base it off tags. Only do maximum number, prompting with a Yes / No if Credits >= Tags.

Unfortunately, the short answer is: it’s far more complicated than that.

1 Like

While technically it is true that Counter Surveillance could be used on a remote, it’s really hard to think of any time when you would want to do so. Would it be possible to implement it just or R&D / HQ?

[quote=“StephenE, post:454, topic:2303”]
While technically it is true that Counter Surveillance could be used on a remote, it’s really hard to think of any time when you would want to do so.
[/quote]I have one tag and want to trash an asset guarded by a set of annoying on-access upgrades (Product Placements + Mumbad Virtual Tours)… Or a loaded Shell Corporation guarded by an ambush,

That said, it won’t happen often. I think a good simplification would be to give this card 4 different abilities (R&D, HQ, Archives, remote) and implement them one at a time (I guess R&D and HQ would have quite a lot of common code, and those two would cover most uses of the card).

I am guessing this was asked before, but I hope you don’t mind me asking it again.
Would it be possible to add a “beginner” lobby to Jinteki.net?
I probably would hang out there all the time.

It happened to me several times recently that although I clearly stated that I would like to play with core cards only my opponent had the whole cardpool and even if I ask them in the lobby chat if they have core set decks they don’t reply, are confused (one guy took like 5 mins till he realised what I was talking about) or quit and are replaced within seconds with a guy with similar attitude.

Because there is no “legal” way to build an NBN deck out of 1 core set since the Astroscript errata quite a few beginner core decks are labelled as “invalid” and many Anarch decks have problems with the MWL influence points and are labelled as Casual Play only.

Having a beginner lobby could solve many of these “(first world) problems”.

8 Likes

I remember there were some ideas to make asset spam fit better into game window. With Estelle Moon released, the problem has escalated, as this deck often can have 10-15 remotes and is very popular. Once enough remotes are installed, there’s a row of corp cards at one end of the screen, a few rows of runner cards at the other and lots of blank space in between (while cards and chat window are hard to read after all zooming out). Are there any plans to make jinteki handle horizontal decks better?

I’m pretty sure you can just scroll horizontally, no need for zooming.

Is JNet offline? Anybody else having problems?

Yes, it is.

Aumakua and Maw trigger when Edward Kim trashes an event, they should not trigger in such case.

3 Likes