[Jinteki RP] Perfecting Perfection: The Best Deck Ever

With film critic out would medical breakthrough start to make sense? As its ability works from the runners score area, not on access or score. Also, no CVS? Edit: ninja’d on CVS, but i think a 1x include would be smart, tough what to cut for it though.

Why is Clot a concern?

Braintrust + SanSan?

But i guess this isnt fast advance, this is rush. RP taxing servers + san san allow you to rush out the high cost agendas of jinteki, rather than score them out of handas you would with FA. Saving a click and a credit?

Right, though you can take people by surprise when you IAA on a san san and they decline to find clot. The deck plays largely like normal RP but with shortcuts. I’m also not sure gifts is necessary in the deck. Extra TS targets is better, and showing a hand of weak agendas sends off red flags. Cvs would be good: like I said, it needs tuning.

1 Like

sundew is insane here :3 , I had 2-3 sundew running most of the games because teamsponsorship bring them back :smile:
But the ice are so shitty and I lost to Kate’s 4 points makers eye and a full turn top deck TFP psi-game… I had so much money but nowhere to spend them :<

So what you’re saying is: ashigaru?

4 Likes

Played a few games with this last night. In the Biotech rush, Gift makes a lot more sense. Here I agree the Sundews were great, almost always the most juicy Sponsorship target. If you cut Sundew the Sponsorships will find themselves being cut shortly thereafter and it is a very different deck.

I am not sure about Ashigaru. Anyone planning on actually breaking it will have a bad time, but it is a whole lot of $ for something to get parasuckered. However, you do need some way of shoring up R&D or making the scoring server very taxing in the late game, and maybe Ashigaru is your best option right now. Something like -1 Ashigaru +1 Assassin will probably be better once D&D is legal.

2 Likes

I went back to something like cspieker’s Red Rush. It seems like it can score out fast enough to have a shot against DLR/Noise/etc, but you still have the Caprice / Nisei combo against more fair runners.

3 Likes

I do think there’s merit to rush right now, and Sponsorship lets you recover fast and keep the pressure on. It also helps you recover milled agendas into protected remotes quickly, and can snowball your advantage out of control of the runner. The main thing to worry about is whether R&D becomes too vulnerable to makers + medium.

I played this at Jinteki vs Anarch tournament today. I beat 3 Siphon Maxx, all close games, and lost to Noise. Given that field, bog-standard RP would have been much better. I built it to have a chance against DLR and Noise which I expected to be more represented.

In a normal tournament I do like Sponsorship, but I would probably run it out of HB.

3 Likes

Greenhouse seriously worked best due to the agenda composition and really only ever making a single remote. For FA hybrid style horizontal play with team, you guys are right, you definitely go with RP

Hey guys! I wanted to propose a new deck idea I’m really excited about to see what you think.

An Unorthodox Sponsorship

Jinteki: Replicating Perfection

Agenda (10)
1x NAPD Contract
3x Nisei MK II
3x The Future Perfect
3x Unorthodox Predictions

Asset (11)
3x Jackson Howard •••
2x Mental Health Clinic
3x Sundew
3x Team Sponsorship •••

Upgrade (5)
3x Caprice Nisei
2x SanSan City Grid ••••• •

Operation (7)
3x Celebrity Gift
1x Fast Track
3x Hedge Fund

Barrier (4)
1x Ashigaru
2x Himitsu-Bako
1x Wall of Static

Code Gate (8)
2x Crick
1x Enigma
1x Lotus Field
1x Tollbooth ••
1x Viper •
2x Yagura

Sentry (3)
2x Pup
1x Susanoo-No-Mikoto

Other (1)
1x Excalibur

15 influence spent (max 15)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Universe of Tomorrow

Deck built on http://netrunnerdb.com.

The idea for this deck occurred to me while I was looking through the jankier Jinteki agendas to see if there were any good Media Blitz targets similar to Mandatory Upgrades in HB. This deck has the capability to play, score, and win just like any other RP deck, but it also goes a step further, using Team Sponsorship along with Sansan to turn a fast advanced Unorthodox Predictions into a guaranteed Nisei Mk 2 or NAPD Contract score the next turn. When you score an Unorthodox Predictions out of hand with Sansan, use Team Sponsorship to install a 4/2 agenda in the same server and declare whichever type of ice is protecting that server to be unbreakable with Unorthodox Predictions and score it out next turn.

I’ve considered pulling two Future Perfects and adding in 3 more 4/2 agendas but the agenda density is already really high and that could be a pretty risky play. I’m not 100% confident in the ice composition at this point, but I’d like to have enough ETR code gates and barriers that no matter which type of ice I choose with Unorthodox Predictions, some of my centrals end up unbreakable as well as collateral damage. Cerebral Static would probably also be a good add but I’m not sure where exactly my wiggle room is to fit it in.

What do people think? Could this be a big thing? Any changes I can make to push it even farther? : D

1 Like

This is a four card combo, requiring you to find Unorthodox Predictions, SanSan, Team Sponsorship, and a 4/2.

IMO, a three card combo is playable if it literally wins you the game instantly. For example SEA, Scorch, Scorch or Jackson, Shutdown, Diagnostics.

A four card combo should win the game on the spot, and additionally cause a beautiful person of the appropriate gender to appear and give you a sandwich.

15 Likes

Thats a fair point. At the same time, I feel that Team Sponsorship and Nisei/NAPD (and Sansan if I swapped 1x Nisei and 1x NAPD for 2x Braintrust to score out of hand) can help the deck do things it already wants to do anyways. Firing the combo isn’t a required condition for this deck to win. Its just a thing that you can make happen along the way that makes the deck stronger.

I suppose the question then becomes: “does the impact of firing a combo validate influence spent on Sansan and Team Sponsorship?” I feel that in this case, there is a valid argument to be made that it could be the case. Team Sponsorship fills a roll similar to the roll Architect would normally fill in this deck in dealing with Noise and reviving lost cards from archives at half the influence. Sansan is costly, but if I swap in 2x Braintrust I think it can be justified.

If you want to go all in on the Unorthodox Predictions you ought to dump a bunch of Rainbows in there.

4 Likes

Pancakes / Wyldside / Faust?

1 Like

Synergy is good; Combo is bad.

Do the cards work if you draw them independently of each other? If any one card doesn’t, you need to rethink it.

In this case, I think I’d need to play it. Compressing a nisei install onto a sansan off of a prediction is about the grossest thing I’ve ever heard of. Q: Would “The Future is Now” potentially make this stronger by allowing you to install stuff directly? I’m not sure if it’s really worth it since it doesn’t have the “protection” both Mk II and Predictions supply, but it could get you pieces which would pull everything together faster.

1 Like

So this is what im trying out at the minute. The DBS’ were Team Sponsorship’s for a few games but with such a low agenda density it became a bit pointless having them in there.

I never realised before but a singleton successful demo is great in a deck with caprice, batty and nisei, its a very good way of rebounding your econ after a score.

Assassin takes the susan slot, undecided which is better as yet.

EDIT: One thing i should point out - rush like a motherlover with this, dont get all glacier up in here like its 2013. GOGOGOGO is the name of the game (but then again, who doesnt play RP like that now a days anyway).

New stab at RP

Jinteki: Replicating Perfection (Trace Amount)

Agenda (8)

Asset (11)

Upgrade (4)

Operation (9)

Barrier (5)

Code Gate (6)

Sentry (6)

15 influence spent (max 15)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Data and Destiny

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

I think you want Susan more than Assassin because Kate is a monster and she can break Assassin trivially, but struggles* with Susan. Is 3 Food 1 TFP really correct? You have no AI hate at all.

*Kate may not actually struggle with Susan in actual games, but at least she needs to find and pay for Atman.