[Jinteki RP] Perfecting Perfection: The Best Deck Ever

Does kate break assassin easier than susan? I guess so, needs an atman for susan and only a sharpshooter for assassin.

You may be right about the agenda suite. Then again, GFI is, and correct me if im wrong but i dont think i am, one of the best agendas we have seen yet. I would happily surrender TFP for GFI when putting a deck together. GFI unlike TFP doesnt turn off when installed and doesnt turn off to film critic. To be balanced though i agree that its still needs figuring out in testing. TFP is still TFP and strong, and i dont think i would ever get rid of TFP completely - the build just prior to this had 2x TFP, but i went with 1x TFP and 1x NAPD instead for testing as it seemed more sensible to combine 8 agendas with more 2 pointers when you are running GFI.

Whats AI hate in your mind?

Probably not Swordsman, but that’s the in faction option. I don’t know if Wraparound is worth it. Though you’ve got plenty of other things to chew up D4v1d tokens vs Noise/Anarchy in general. It’s only 1 inf.

Well im confused, are you saying AI hate is needed? As that seemed to be a point earlier. Atm4n can hurt i guess, i dont know if swordsman without corp troubleshooter is every worth it though against decent players.

The whole world is playing Atman or Faust. Upsetting those cards seems valuable to me. But none of the AI hate cards are special (except maybe Wrap, but that’s just because it’s a good cheap stopper), so maybe I’m wrong.

1 Like

Its worth the mental exercise at least. Lemme look at the strength graphs in NRDB a sec.

You know what i dont think this suite is that bad against AI. I think things like architect, ichi and assassin are good against faust as they are over str 2 and multiple sub. Ichi and assassin i think have good game against eater, and there is also tollbooth. Atman @4 only hoses 1 ice, 2 if they have a datasucker. So yeah its a problem, but i dont know if enough of a problem.

I think the original question, should assassin fill the susan slot, is an important one, and im sure some of the more experienced players will be able to tell me if thats a bad idea and why. Im personally undecided at the minute.

1 Like

Prior to food, my inf was a pretty standard 3 eli, 2 ichi, 2 booth, 3 JH, 1 dbs. I dropped a tollbooth to get two global foods, and in my mind the assassin fills the missing second tollbooth, with susan still doing her thing. So I guess I vote to keep Susan around for the non-D4VID matchups

1 Like

Whats your agenda suite look like at present?

2 TFP, 2 GFI, 1 NAPD, 3 Nisei. I’ve tested this for a while now and am really quite happy with it in a Film Critic world.

Ill try swapping a TFP and a GFI around so theres 2 of each and see how it goes. The extra inf pip would be good to have.

EDIT:

Swapped things around in the following manner, the extra inf allowed for a second tollbooth, not sure if the successful demo or the DBS should be the thing to go, with 1x DBS finding singleton hate cards like batty, ichi or snatch and grab becomes harder.

RP Glacier w/GFI

Jinteki: Replicating Perfection (Trace Amount)

Agenda (8)

Asset (10)

Upgrade (4)

Operation (9)

Barrier (5)

Code Gate (7)

Sentry (6)

15 influence spent (max 15)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Data and Destiny

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

What are your thoughts on the architect over a second ichi? (would need second batty probably to complement)

Also, what’s your thinking on second booth and successful demo over three elis? Wall of static to me seems worse across the board than elis would be, barring siphon prevent.

Third thought: dbs or executive boot camp? I’m toying with the idea of fitting a yagura into my ice comp, which takes a bit of the edge off losing dbs.

To be honest i prefer architect and would love to run 2x, but ichi is a serious deterrent for noise, so im trying one of each and seeing how it goes. Its inetersting you mention batty, i personally think of batty as a free one shot caprice, although getting the ichi to fire can be nice sometimes anarch and shaper have all the tools in the world to recur stuff, i think ichi does fine on its own as a program trash threat.

Eli is great no doubt. But in a world with yog.0 getting lots of play tollbooth just does too much work, i regretted every game i played with my first list not having 2. Wall of static isnt awesome, but its cheap and plentiful gear checks are great. Its still 2 cards with faust as well. Its not awesome but its a perfect, boring utility ice that i would struggle to rationalise dropping.

Succesful demo is great and takes the restructure slot. With caprice batty and nisei iv never had a game where iv not been able to play it, even against a hard lock from kate.

I think its a bit to do with play style, i tend to play pretty loose and rush things out, hence low cost low strength ETR ice that is arguable a bit naff otherwise, and i tend to have a little less money than usual, making something like successful demo great. YMMV.

Not sure if yagura fufills the same functionality of DBS, and if it does i think maybe architect does it better. Either way i think if i had an extra inf id go for 1x EBC 1x DBS, and using EBC to tutor out a sundew is great (and tutor out DBS of course).

I tried Genetics Pavilion in RP this weekend at a GNK. The idea was it would stop Kate from getting the full value out of Quality Time and Diesel and potentially slow down Noise, especially once he got Wyldeside out.

It was a really subtle effect, probably subtle enough to be deemed low impact, but it definitely helped some games. Most people read it and scoffed, but I noticed there was always a turn or two where the runner clearly wanted to dig for something but couldn’t.

I think what might hold the card back is that it is specifically good against Quality Time and Wyldeside, but not so good against much else. For instance, it wouldn’t have much impact against ProCo Kate, and I played a Noise that was doing I’ve Had Worse and Visage instead of Wyldeside.

So yeah, might be too specific but I thought it was an intriguing idea that I would share. I’ll probably throw a copy in at PSI Games just to get some good testing.

5 Likes

i think it might work a little better in the prickly RP with fetals, snares, philotic and ronin. this way you are stifling both the dig and the recovery from snare/fetal leaving them open to be popped by ronin/philotic and making them respect the net damage on pup, tsurugi and komainu.

in more traditional RP i think something like cerebral static would be more what you are looking for to annoy noise and kate.

2 Likes

This is a greenhouse rush deck

A question for the good RP players: how do you tech against Noise? Is your Ice composition changing a lot?

Fast Track and Bako are a good start for gear checking a remote to score out your first Nisei.

2 Likes

In that match-up, If the first agenda you score is not a Mk 2, you’ve probably lost. Fast Track is an amazing card against Noise.

Thanks for your answers. I understand the point about the need to score a Nisei MKII asap and I’ll try Fast Track. My ICE composition at the moment is

Barrier (5)
3x Eli 1.0 •••
2x Himitsu-Bako

Code Gate (7)
2x Crick
1x Enigma
2x Lotus Field
2x Tollbooth ••••

Sentry (6)
2x Ichi 1.0 ••••
3x Pup
1x Susanoo-No-Mikoto

but I fear it’s not rushy enough for a quick score.
Also: slotting a Cerebral Static would be bad? Do you think a CVS is needed? Pretty hard to fit everything in the deck and, at the moment, with 18 ICE, 5 Upgrades, 8 Agenda and the classic package (JH, Sundew, MHC, HF, Gift), I only have 3 slots for any combination of Fast Track, Interns, CVS, Cerebral Static and Restructure.
The only other option is cutting the Batty package I think…

Glacial, especially RP is horribly positioned in the meta right now. If you want a stab at having a successful RP deck, you either need to be the best pilot in the room and still randomly lose to noise, or convert RP to a rush style deck. 16 ice is fine in faster decks. 2 Fast track is also correct.